I've been using BBM since it's inception and never really had issues with it and the developments over the years.

In the last little while I've been really frustrated with my phone (Z30) for being slow to respond. I've started to notice that it's not really the phone but BBM.

If I get a message and click the toast pop up or go to it through the hub it seems to take a long time to open BBM and then even after it seems to take long to display the actual message itself.

I do have some conversation history and about 12 BBM contacts all with some level of chat but this has never been an issue before.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 11:39 AM
    I haven't, and I use it a lot. What does slow it down though are groups, and how active it is - those could take a few seconds to load
    12-09-15 01:52 PM
    2 groups, 71 contacts. Sometimes bbm is a bit lazy but nothing to make a fuss about.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    12-09-15 02:15 PM
    Yes, BBM has become incredibly bloated from what it was. It won't be an issue for most, but for me it is becoming too slow to use for my purposes, something BBM used to excel at. I travel internationally. I fly a lot. When I turn the phone on, I want to be able to use it quickly, it takes too long to open up and become ready to use a lot of the time. I can open Kik, a side loaded Android version, quicker, and send a message than I can BBM. It used to be great, but now is becoming an app I won't need much anymore, something else will take its place.

As you state, it takes a while to load messages at times. It is worse when you are on a ship at sea using slow service. This is where I need it. Not everyone has fast service. It can take forever to load since it now wants to load things they are trying to sell in their sticker store. It is maddening.

I was trying to conserve data last week while crossing the Pacific on a ship. AT&T decided to try to take away my unlimited data on ships. I called and they said I wouldn't be charged, but I wanted to conserve data in case I got charged per MB. I tried to use only BBM, something that once was very frugal on data, I got a message saying I had used over $100 in data in just three days. Thankfully AT&T removed the charges once I got back. BBM though is now eating much more data than it used to.

I get the fact they are trying to be everything to everyone, but it now is bloated and no long the tool it used to be.
    12-09-15 09:50 PM
    Just buy yourself some stickers to distract yourself from the slowness!

Really though, 12 contacts is a lot to be having open chats with. Have you tried the latest version of BBM?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 10:25 PM

Really though, 12 contacts is a lot to be having open chats with. Have you tried the latest version of BBM?

Posted via CB10
    Mine is slow with one open chat, slower than older versions. I have the newest version.

I understand why they are adding g things to the app, but it has taken away from what it used to do well.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry did you say 12 contacts with chat is a lot?

When BBM was still relevant it was not uncommon to have triple that with no issues.

It's just like the other poster says. They are so busy trying to monetize it they forgot to optimize it. It used to be effective and data frugal. Those were the reasons I recommended it to iPhone and Android users who at the time subsequently uninstalled because they claimed it slowed their phone. I was confused by that but now I'm not.

Too bad. I use it all day every day but it's frustrating to tap to open and then wait for something you never had to wait for before.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 10:47 AM
    All I'd say is that after the latest update, messaging has gotten a little slower. Slow to register the sentence i sent, and delivery seems a bit slower.
    12-10-15 02:51 PM