I have a left over iPhone that I want to add BBM on. But there is no cell number associated with the phone. It's going to be a wifi only device.

But whenever I try to create a new account, it requires me to supply a phone number. I only have one number, and it's associated with my main account on my Motion.

Any ways around this? I have a spare Leap hanging around too. I tried making a new ID on this, and then logging into it on the iPhone, but that didn't seem to work. The Leap is also a wifi only device, so I was able to set up a new BBID on that no problem, along with it's own BBM, with no issues about needing a phone number. I assuming that's because it's on a physical Blackberry, but unfortunate it's not that easy on other devices.
    01-21-19 10:48 PM
    At the bottom you'll have login with email instead option on the iPhone. Click that. And then sign up with email, and a code get's sent.
    01-22-19 07:57 AM
    At the bottom you'll have login with email instead option on the iPhone. Click that. And then sign up with email, and a code get's sent.
    That doesn't seem to work. Every time I click on login with email, it brings me to the email login page. But if I hit create new account, it send me back to the phone number page. Happens on both my Android and iPhone devices. It won't let me create a new account without associating a phone number to it.

And unfortunately, I can't use the one on my main account. I just tried tying my phone number to a secondary BBM account I have, and it said that if I want to associate that number with this new account, it will erase all my previous setting on my main BBM account...
    01-22-19 09:12 AM
    Was hoping to find a back door option by making a BBID on my Leap, and transferring it to iPhone. But turns out that has been stopped as well.

Here's email from BBM Support.

"Hi,

We apologize for this inconvenience.
    For sign up, you can only can use phone number for username.

If you have any suggestions, feedback, or other issues please feel free to let us know. Your feedback means a lot to us.
    Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Sandi
    BBM Care Team"
    01-23-19 08:44 AM