I am wondering if BBM is now any less secure than it use to be now that there is Emtek's involvement? Is it now pretty much at the same security level as Whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 11:16 AM
    BBM never had end-to-end encryption unless you paid for it.

As such, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage have been more secure for a while.
    01-28-18 11:36 AM
    BBM never had end-to-end encryption unless you paid for it.

As such, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage have been more secure for a while.
    I guess my next question then would be could having Emtek involvement eventually bring BBM up to the same level of security, or is BBM no longer a secure social app?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 11:52 AM
    I guess my next question then would be could having Emtek involvement eventually bring BBM up to the same level of security, or is BBM no longer a secure social app?

Posted via CB10
    I doubt Emtek would be allowed to add e2e, as BlackBerry wants to keep that as its own paid service.
    01-28-18 11:54 AM
    I doubt Emtek would be allowed to add e2e, as BlackBerry wants to keep that as its own paid service.
    So this would be the same for those still using a BB10 phone to communicate on BBM with a contact on another BB10 phone, or it now does not matter?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 12:06 PM
    So this would be the same for those still using a BB10 phone to communicate on BBM with a contact on another BB10 phone, or it now does not matter?

Posted via CB10
    No free version of BBM has e2e - regardless of platform.
    01-28-18 12:11 PM
    CMW is based in Singapore, so all of your information is being handed over to a company based and operated in China. I'll be deleting bbm before February 24th when the transfer happens
    01-31-18 02:58 AM
    CMW is based in Singapore, so all of your information is being handed over to a company based and operated in China. I'll be deleting bbm before February 24th when the transfer happens
    Singapore is not in China. It's a different country by itself.
    01-31-18 05:12 AM
    Singapore is not in China. It's a different country by itself.
    Doh!!!
    01-31-18 06:59 AM
    so BBM has lost its security integraty no more encryption like telegram x etc
    02-07-18 06:01 PM
    so BBM has lost its security integraty no more encryption like telegram x etc
    Never had it for consumers unless you paid for it..
    02-07-18 06:04 PM
    No free version of BBM has e2e - regardless of platform.
    So, would the only available secure/paid version be BBM for Enterprise? I can't seem to locate any payment option in the free version except for ad free...
    02-07-18 08:13 PM
    So, would the only available secure/paid version be BBM for Enterprise? I can't seem to locate any payment option in the free version except for ad free...
    What platform are you on?

Regardless, you will have to contact BlackBerry to open a corporate account and buy subscriptions.

https://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise...bbm-enterprise
    02-07-18 08:15 PM
    What platform are you on?

Regardless, you will have to contact BlackBerry to open a corporate account and buy subscriptions.

https://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise...bbm-enterprise
    I am on a Priv... so, the only way to get the secured version is to purchase in bulk, unlike WhatsApp which is free for any individual? I kind of knew this all along but must have been experiencing cognitive dissonance... so, why does BBM even have any remaining life expectancy? Is Emtek supposed to be the pallbearer? I don't get it... why would anyone with reason not migrate to WhatsApp?
    02-07-18 08:33 PM
    I am on a Priv... so, the only way to get the secured version is to purchase in bulk, unlike WhatsApp which is free for any individual? I kind of knew this all along but must have been experiencing cognitive dissonance... so, why does BBM even have any remaining life expectancy? Is Emtek supposed to be the pallbearer? I don't get it... why would anyone with reason not migrate to WhatsApp?
    Depends where your contacts are.

I use both BBM and Telegram. I'm not a fan of WhatsApp personally.

You CAN get a single user licence for BBM Enterprise.
    02-07-18 08:52 PM
    Depends where your contacts are.

I use both BBM and Telegram. I'm not a fan of WhatsApp personally.

You CAN get a single user licence for BBM Enterprise.
    Do your contacts have to also have BBM Enterprise, or can you get a licence and still keep the contacts you have as they are?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 09:02 PM
    Do your contacts have to also have BBM Enterprise, or can you get a licence and still keep the contacts you have as they are?

Posted via CB10
    You can keep your contacts as is. You can actually have protected conversations with other BBM users NOT using Enterprise.
    02-07-18 09:06 PM
    You can keep your contacts as is. You can actually have protected conversations with other BBM users NOT using Enterprise.
    What are you looking at ball park cost Canadian to purchase this service?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 10:10 PM
    What are you looking at ball park cost Canadian to purchase this service?

Posted via CB10
    Last time I had it, it was $42/yr.
    02-07-18 10:13 PM
    Last time I had it, it was $42/yr.
    When looking at the screen to subscribe, it states:
    Your chat history is deleted
    Stickers and subscriptions you purchased are no longer available
    Enhanced groups chats, including calendars and lists, are deleted and no longer available.

What do they mean by "Enhanced" groups? Does this mean all groups you belong to in BBM you would no longer have access to?

No more stickers are pretty self explanatory.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 10:39 PM
    When looking at the screen to subscribe, it states:
    Your chat history is deleted
    Stickers and subscriptions you purchased are no longer available
    Enhanced groups chats, including calendars and lists, are deleted and no longer available.

What do they mean by "Enhanced" groups? Does this mean all groups you belong to in BBM you would no longer have access to?

No more stickers are pretty self explanatory.

Posted via CB10
    BBM Groups don't work with Enterprise.
    02-07-18 10:40 PM
    BBM Groups don't work with Enterprise.
    That is unfortunate. That is what I currently use BBM mostly for.
    Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 10:49 PM
    well I have switched to telegram x , and already I have about 20 people so not bad
    02-09-18 02:29 PM
    BBM is currently probably the LEAST secure messaging app. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
    02-12-18 06:45 AM
    BBM is currently probably the LEAST secure messaging app. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
    Was the consumer version ever really on top?
    02-12-18 11:14 AM
29 12