Will there be any more new features coming in to BBM?

Will BBM ever standardise all their features in 121 chats with their group chats?

Will BBM group chat with calendar support and list ever accept more members beyond 50?

Will we ever be able to send or share videos & documents in BBM group chat with calendar and list support?

I'm asking these questions because I really love using BBM and BBM Group Chats with list and calendar support is what we need. I heard that there will be no more innovations in BBM. If so then I will delete BBM and concede with my colleagues to move to WeChat or remain with WhatsApp although it is really messy.

This would definitely mean hundreds of different businesses across the region.
    12-12-16 01:13 PM
    The consumer focused BBM is actually in active development by a subsidiary of Emtek, which now operates as BBM. If you go to bbm.com, you are visiting the new BBM company, not BlackBerry.

If you follow their blog, you can see new features being rolled out as recently as last week: https://blog.bbm.com
    12-12-16 06:29 PM
    Actually from an article I just posted to this forum, BBM is owned 100% by. Emtek, but that is in quotes, so while they have 100% licence, does BlackBerry still really own it?

Anyway, while Emtek is definitely creating a juggernaut social platform, it seems all BBM development is strictly tied to IOS and Android versions.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 06:33 AM
    Really need those features of being able to share documents, videos, voice notes and locations in Group chats with calendar and list support.

My business networking group will not be able to use BBM much longer as we are having more than 50 members soon. Then we will have to revert back to WhatsApp again.

At the moment we are short of documents sharing, video sharing, location sharing. This is important as sometimes we have different meeting places for our networking events.

Our 50 businesses are linked to other business networks round the world. Literally thousands of different businesses round the world in their localised groups or chapters.
    12-13-16 09:06 AM
    Really need those features of being able to share documents, videos, voice notes and locations in Group chats with calendar and list support.

My business networking group will not be able to use BBM much longer as we are having more than 50 members soon. Then we will have to revert back to WhatsApp again.

At the moment we are short of documents sharing, video sharing, location sharing. This is important as sometimes we have different meeting places for our networking events.

Our 50 businesses are linked to other business networks round the world. Literally thousands of different businesses round the world in their localised groups or chapters.
    Maybe try out Semaphor, SpiderOak's paid and secure offering of online collaboration? Haven't tried it myself though, not sure it offers all you want... but definitely some things.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 02:55 PM

Use multichat

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 06:30 PM
    Use multichat

Posted via CB10
    Multichat only have a maximum of 50 people.
    12-15-16 08:36 PM
    Multichat only have a maximum of 50 people.
    Actually it's 250 for multi person chat and 50 for groups
    12-15-16 09:18 PM
    BBM channel had a post yesterday saying:

"Too many person to chat? You can simply create a Group chat with #BBM! It can includes up to 250-person! Let's all chat merrily."
    12-15-16 09:51 PM
    BBM channel had a post yesterday saying:

"Too many person to chat? You can simply create a Group chat with #BBM! It can includes up to 250-person! Let's all chat merrily."
    Indeed, I just saw that post. A mistake made by an employee or a silent update? I think it is the former unfortunately, but maybe he can try it out?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 01:44 AM
    Group chat, not group. Different things with almost similar names, a (group)multi person chat can have up to 250 people in it

See the text from the appstore
    Attached Thumbnails Any more new features in BBM?-121100.jpg  
    12-16-16 02:34 AM
    Indeed, I just saw that post. A mistake made by an employee or a silent update? I think it is the former unfortunately, but maybe he can try it out?

Posted via CB10
    Beter onderzoek doen . It is not a mistake but two different type of chats with multiple people
    12-16-16 02:35 AM
    Beter onderzoek doen . It is not a mistake but two different type of chats with multiple people
    You are correct!

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    12-16-16 03:37 AM
    Actually it's 250 for multi person chat and 50 for groups
    If you mean multi chat is the one with no calendar and list then it's useless to me, my colleagues and my business networks. So BBM in this way do not cut the mark.
    12-17-16 10:21 AM
    Group chat, not group. Different things with almost similar names, a (group)multi person chat can have up to 250 people in it

See the text from the appstore
    Definitely need BBM Groups for up to 250 people. The 50 limit is just useless.
    12-17-16 10:24 AM
    If you mean multi chat is the one with no calendar and list then it's useless to me, my colleagues and my business networks. So BBM in this way do not cut the mark.
    Ya. Whatsapp doesn't have those either, so no need for the switch.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 06:21 PM
    Ya. Whatsapp doesn't have those either, so no need for the switch.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately we are currently on WhatsApp and it's very confusing to use WhatsApp for our purpose. That's why I'm thinking of suggesting BBM for the use of lists and calendar. This will help us a great deal. However, BBM fell short because of the maximum number of members is only 50.
    12-17-16 10:13 PM
    Hmm.. Here in Indonesia, skype is a standard for bussines use. BBM mostly used by teenagers who want to be consedered "exist". The feature I find useful is the feed. Whatsapp doesn't have that. But sometime it unusable, eats to much data, full of unimportant feeds/status and also ads. For personal use, I prefer fast, secure, simplicity of whatsapp..
    12-18-16 12:53 AM
    Hmm.. Here in Indonesia, skype is a standard for bussines use. BBM mostly used by teenagers who want to be consedered "exist". The feature I find useful is the feed. Whatsapp doesn't have that. But sometime it unusable, eats to much data, full of unimportant feeds/status and also ads. For personal use, I prefer fast, secure, simplicity of whatsapp..
    There is still Skype? Haven't heard that for many years now.
    12-18-16 06:40 AM
    Did you look at my previous suggestion?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 08:55 AM
    Isn't the BlackBerry Work (formerly Good Work) app not something that would suit your needs? It says it offers integrated email, calendar, contacts, document access & editing and more. Sounds like you can also use it in conjunction with BlackBerry Connect.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 03:51 PM
    Isn't the BlackBerry Work (formerly Good Work) app not something that would suit your needs? It says it offers integrated email, calendar, contacts, document access & editing and more. Sounds like you can also use it in conjunction with BlackBerry Connect.

Posted via CB10
    Dunno but I think work will not be suitable. This is because it will probably cost money.

It is already difficult to get 1 company to switch to work we are a business network of 50 now, wouldn't that be monumental that has no success in sight to implement?

At least with BBM it's a much easier buy in.

Well unless BlackBerry would like to invest in this marketing channel and offer free for use of work for all members of BNI. This network represents over 200,000 different businesses round the world. Then if we find it good and implement it within our own companies we pay for it.
    12-23-16 11:36 AM
    BBM ist constantly extending no worries, new features are showing up sooner or later :-)

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-28-16 12:30 PM
    Dunno but I think work will not be suitable. This is because it will probably cost money.

It is already difficult to get 1 company to switch to work we are a business network of 50 now, wouldn't that be monumental that has no success in sight to implement?

At least with BBM it's a much easier buy in.

Well unless BlackBerry would like to invest in this marketing channel and offer free for use of work for all members of BNI. This network represents over 200,000 different businesses round the world. Then if we find it good and implement it within our own companies we pay for it.
    Wait, are you saying it is not suitable because it costs money? What kind of business do you run that you require free digital communication? All digital services cost money and if you are a business, it makes more sense to pay with money than with your business' data.

And you actually want BlackBerry to provide free licenses for all of your network members, totalling over 200 000 businesses? Now why would they do that? What business network is it anyway? If you really want to do business with BlackBerry, maybe go contact their sales team instead of visiting a website consisting of BlackBerry fans who have nothing to do with BlackBerry itself.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-29-16 07:13 AM
    1. Adfree
    2. ...
    12-29-16 11:12 AM
42 12