Home CrackBerry Q&A > General BBM Chat

Any delivery problems right now with BBM?

Asked: Mar 04 2016 | 1:56 am EST 1893 Views 5 Answers View Best Answer

I'm experiencing problems with BBM with the delivery of messages the last week. When sending a message over the provider network or WiFi, the message is immediately put on the network with a grey check mark. BUT... If the receiver has NO WIFI, the message is hold UNTIL the receiver has a WiFi connection. So, when I and the receiver have no WiFI connection, all messages are hold until we have a WiFi connection... The messages are put on the network with a grey checkmark again and we have to wait. This problem appears even with different providers (for example I'm on Vodafone and the recipient is on T-Mobile), so it's not provider related. And Whatsapp works fine, it's just BBM causing problems...

I'm using a Q10 with the latest OS and the latest version of BBM.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Mar 04 2016 | 9:06 am EST David Tyler

BBM is working fine for me... I've corresponded today with my out-of-town wife (Motorola Android), a friend in California (iPhone), and a fellow hockey fan in Germany (Z10).

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!

More Answers

Mar 04 2016 | 10:12 am EST valer466

Seems okay.

Posted via CB10

Mar 10 2016 | 3:15 pm EST itsyaboy

It is quite interesting that you mention this. I have a somewhat similar problem with BBM. However, I have deduced that the issue lies with my mobile provider, which is Vodafone NL.

My issue is as follows: when I am on my mobile internet connection, sometimes, my messages remain in "sending" status. If that is the case, I will not receive BBM Messages in both groups or normal chat. Disconnecting my mobile internet connection and subsequently reconnecting my mobile internet connection resolves my issue, albeit temporarily. I have contacted BlackBerry Help through their web form. Maybe they can assist you? You can fill out their web form here: https://salesforce.services.blackberry.com/webforms/bbm They are very helpful, but unfortunately, my issue could not be resolved due to the fact that my mobile provider is presumably at fault here.

Coming back to your issue though, it sounds as if experience the issues with a single recipient. Which mobile phone is this recipient using? In my experience, old Windows Phones do not handle BBM quite well (or BlackBerry didn't program their BBM app for Windows Phone that well). Maybe this is the case in your situation as well?

Mar 15 2016 | 9:06 pm EDT atifsid

Yes I have seen my BBM messages not being delivered to users of different providers and phones (iPhone, Andriod). Unless they launch BBM they are unable to receive and it shows undelivered

Posted via CB10