09-29-19 01:36 PM
    So I didn’t see anywhere that BBMe or anyone else is exempt? Historically, BB always cooperates with the authorities where possible. Are you certain BBMe isn’t subject under definition of social media?
    Mecca EL and John Albert like this.
    09-29-19 02:04 PM
    So I didn’t see anywhere that BBMe or anyone else is exempt? Historically, BB always cooperates with the authorities where possible. Are you certain BBMe isn’t subject under definition of social media?
    I am sure it is more safe than Viber, WhatsApp and such, that I am certain.
    Also I am certain you don't need to leave your phone number and highly private info to be able to register and use that sort of app, like Viber and WhatsApp demand.
    09-29-19 02:07 PM
    Also I am certain you don't need to leave your phone number and highly private info to be able to register and use that sort of app, like Viber and WhatsApp demand.
    None of this has anything to do with whether or not the state will legislate the requirement for a messaging company to provide information or not.

As a matter of fact, BlackBerry has been the first over the years to provide access at the drop of a hat.

And no, YOU aren't sure of anything regarding relative security. Experts have awarded Signal and others the highest ratings DESPITE using a phone number, because other things are more important - like open-source code, openness to independent audit, and message auto-destruct.

You can start as many threads as you wish, but the facts don't change. Frankly I'm not even sure you actually read the articles you post, because they are usually unrelated or state the opposite of what you claim.
    Last edited by conite; 09-29-19 at 02:28 PM.
    09-29-19 02:14 PM
    Facebook and WhatsApp don’t require highly private info as I’ve got account there and I’ve never given them anything real. BBMe actually has my payment information which can be used to find the actual me. The reality is that BBMe to many appears to be secure in many different ways. I’ll bet El Chapo doesn’t really share those beliefs.

Privacy and security mean totally different things in the context of warrants and subpoenas. I’m not sure how this really sets BBMe apart from any encrypted provider including my iMessage platform in that regard..
    09-29-19 02:15 PM
    But he (C.F.69) write about cooperation of BB with police. Not about level of cryptography.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-19 02:16 PM
    This is why BBMe...is unpopular?
    John Albert likes this.
    09-29-19 03:12 PM
    It is senseless to discuss private messengers here.
    09-29-19 04:36 PM
    Agreed.
    You can't explain to people who think that apps which require YOUR PHONE number (hence carrier name, home adress etc) are more secure than BBMe- Anything.
    Ridiculous.
    Bbme is by far the best app!!!
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    09-29-19 04:47 PM
    Agreed.
    You can't explain to people who think that apps which require YOUR PHONE number (hence carrier name, home adress etc) are more secure than BBMe- Anything.
    Ridiculous.
    If BB is subpoenaed regarding BBMe, you don’t think metadata can give away the information? My statements and completely my statements are based on the article you provided via link which has nothing to do with the privacy or security component of BBMe or any competitor for that matter.

I didn’t bring up anything regarding your previous complaints about economic viability or consumer user base. Specifically, this is the very situations that have arisen in the past regarding BBM on BBOS and BBM on BB10 pre-Android or for that matter pre-Emtek days.

When focused on simple thing like the platform, the obvious gets ignored like regulatory environment, payment information and myriad of related consumer data required in the sign-up and use of BBMe service. If you want to post here on CB, hoping to convince another dozen people to sign up for BBMe, how about fact-checking statements and story article links for accuracy. It’s not our fault that errors and omissions exist and we point them out.
    09-29-19 05:15 PM
    The article was about government legislation requiring access. It had nothing to do with messenger preference or capabilities.
    09-29-19 05:15 PM
    Then why come here if you can’t handle the facts and truth about posted claims?
    09-29-19 05:16 PM
    Agreed.
    Ridiculous.
    You would have to explain that to every security expert the world over then, because they don't seem to share your single-mindedness regarding one of over a dozen important measures/features of security/privacy for a messenger app.

Security is never about ONE thing - it has to be viewed as a total package. And it is in that respect that the experts have spoken.
    Last edited by conite; 09-29-19 at 06:05 PM.
    09-29-19 05:46 PM
    You would have to explain that to every security expert the world over then, because they don't seem to share your single-mindedness regarding one of over a dozen important measures/features of security/privacy for a messenger app.

Security is never about ONE thing - it has to be viewed as a total package. And it is in that respect that experts have spoken.
    If we talk about total package, BBMe has unique secure feature, that no other app has. Timed messages. Super usefull!
    09-29-19 06:01 PM
    If we talk about total package, BBMe has unique secure feature, that no other app has. Timed messages. Super usefull!
    Cool.
    09-29-19 06:04 PM
    Cool.
    Having to give your most personal info like your phone number, carrier name, adress etc is also one of many things that secrity "package' includes.
    Did it ever occure to you that 'security experts' are maybe bribed and payed or have interest to claim something, even if its not true?
    Most of the things you read or see on tv are fabricated, missinterpreted incomplete informations or lies. Propaganda. Monopol.
    Nobody ever is goint to convince people with at least a little brain that app which makes you give your own phone number (hence all your private info, adress, carrier name, personal ID etc etc)...can be more secure than BBMe (of today, latest update boosted its security a lot).
    I know you don't like this truth...but it is truth.
    09-29-19 06:11 PM
    Having to give your most personal info like your phone number, carrier name, adress etc is also one of many things that secrity "package' includes.
    Did it ever occure to you that 'security experts' are maybe bribed and payed or have interest to claim something, even if its not true?
    Most of the things you read or see on tv are fabricated, missinterpreted incomplete informations or lies. Propaganda. Monopol.
    Nobody ever is goint to convince people with at least a little brain that app which makes you give your own phone number (hence all your private info, adress, carrier name, personal ID etc etc)...can be more secure than BBMe (of today, latest update boosted its security a lot).
    I know you don't like this truth...but it is truth.
    So, to disagree with you implies a small brain or bribery. K.
    TgeekB and Mecca EL like this.
    09-29-19 06:12 PM
    Then you should use it if you’re happy. Most of the world has chosen something different and that’s okay also.
    09-29-19 06:15 PM
    So, to disagree with you implies a small brain or bribery. K.
    No, to disagree with you means to be 'single-mindedness' ?
    Thats what you wrote to me because you didn't agree with me.
    Not nice.
    09-29-19 06:16 PM
    Then you should use it if you’re happy. Most of the world has chosen something different and that’s okay also.
    Yes, agreed completely.
    And I am happy with my choice. Also, I am ok with people who chose other apps.
    09-29-19 06:17 PM
    No, to disagree with you means to be 'single-mindedness' ?
    Thats what you wrote to me because you didn't agree with me.
    Not nice.
    You have focused on one feature - phone number - which by definition is being single-minded.

It's not me you disagree with, it's Engadget, Tom's Guide, TechRadar, and dozens of others.
    09-29-19 06:18 PM
    You have focused on one feature - phone number - which by definition is being single-minded.

It's not me you disagree with, it's Engadget, Tom's Guide, TechRadar, and dozens of others.
    Which messaging apps are you using?
    09-29-19 06:20 PM
    Which messaging apps are you using?
    What I use has nothing to do with what is the most secure. I'm personally not a fan of Signal, Cyphr, or Wickr - as they don't have the feature set I need.

My choices also have very much to do with what my contacts are using - again, unrelated to a conversation regarding security.

Because we choose to use a particular app does not necessarily mean we have chosen to use the most secure. But we can still talk about security.
    09-29-19 06:23 PM
    What I use has nothing to do with what is the most secure. I'm personally not a fan of Signal or Wickr - as they don't have the feature set I need.

My choices also have very much to do with what my contacts are using - again, unrelated to a conversation regarding security.

Because we choose to use a particular app does not necessarily mean we have chosen to use the most secure. But we can still talk about security.
    Did you like how much BBMe improved its security in last update?
    09-29-19 06:29 PM
    Did you like how much BBMe improved its security in last update?
    Sure. It's slowly catching up to some of the competition. That's good.

Security experts (and other privacy advocates like Edward Snowden) value three things in a e2e messenger - open-source, regularly-audited encryption, and message auto-self-destruct.

BBMe has 1 of 3, and BBMe Prosumer has 0 of 3. Something to strive for.
    09-29-19 06:29 PM
63 123