I was just hunting around a bit before calling it a night and checked Google Play and found that all of the "fake" BBM apps are gone! I don't know if this means anything but with all the crap that gets posted here that doesn't mean anything, I thought I'd add this!!
    09-22-13 11:47 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:48 PM
    They were gone yesterday too.
    09-22-13 11:50 PM
    Seems no approval system on Google Play.

Sent from my A7* using CB Forums mobile app
    09-23-13 02:06 AM
    We should upload a bunch of fake Instagram apps that are web launchers to CrackBerry.
    09-23-13 06:28 AM
    Sad to report that there is even more fake application on the Play Store this morning!
    09-23-13 07:22 AM
    It's not a good sign. Or a bad sign. It's a meaningless sign.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:22 AM
    I was just hunting around a bit before calling it a night and checked Google Play and found that all of the "fake" BBM apps are gone! I don't know if this means anything but with all the crap that gets posted here that doesn't mean anything, I thought I'd add this!!
    Doesn't matter. They will be back soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:26 AM
    They already are and more of them.
    09-23-13 07:53 AM
    The fakes are back again...I download one and before I can use it it says I must rate 5stars and download bes client...there are so many developers with this BBM app...which is the real or should I rather say...official one ?, my home screen was filled with adds and other junk I dont need then when I try again and again to open the app, nothing happens but the play store opens....hope the official app wont have adds.

How do you tell the difference between the real and the fake before you download as the ratings are false.

Has the real app been released yet ?...when is it releasing anyway ?
    09-23-13 10:40 AM
    It'll be released when BlackBerry releases it... I'm following @BBM on twitter and I signed up for the e-mail notice from the website. I want it so bad too man.
    09-23-13 10:50 AM
    The Google Play store is a joke. As of TODAY there are still fake apps. I have make a complaint about each one, including this morning. That Google can't filter those apps out (it isn't hard... They all claim to be official releases and the entire world knows there isn't one now) is an absurd lie. It undermines my confidence in the Play Store and has cost BlackBerry investors real money. It is to the point that I wonder if it isn't on purpose.
    09-24-13 08:23 AM
    Blackberry should sue each fake app developer for copyright infringement
    09-24-13 08:58 AM
    Nooooooooo, they are still there up to now

STL100-1
    09-24-13 09:00 AM
    The Google Play store is a joke. As of TODAY there are still fake apps. I have make a complaint about each one, including this morning. That Google can't filter those apps out (it isn't hard... They all claim to be official releases and the entire world knows there isn't one now) is an absurd lie. It undermines my confidence in the Play Store and has cost BlackBerry investors real money. It is to the point that I wonder if it isn't on purpose.
    Your angst is misplaced.

Rovio, for example, navigated this issue every time there is a release. Every major developer has been able to sidestep the fakes issue, and they make money.

It's dismal, but it is what it is. BBRY botched the launch. As far as it being deliberate, you're not alone; there is growing sentiment that this was done to bring the stock price down.
    09-24-13 09:03 AM
    Blackberry should sue each fake app developer for copyright infringement
    Copy right infringement....what about making BBM look like a total piece of junk that does not work ?
    09-24-13 10:46 AM
    Copy right infringement....what about making BBM look like a total piece of junk that does not work ?
    Because it worked so well at launch?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:05 AM
    Well, did it work?
    09-24-13 12:55 PM