I know this is probably the wrong section to post this in, but it's been almost 3 weeks since I originally started to try and set myself up with a BBMe account. Since then I've run into issue after issue (see thread in BBMe forum) and it seems BB have returned to tricks of old; ignoring the consumer and hoping it all goes away.

This is a copy of an email I just sent to BB and I'm hoping this is the forum with the most exposure to get an answer from them as I haven't heard from them in almost 10 days (references available on request only to BB if they can be bothered to contact via PM):

It's now 9 days since I heard from you, probably 10 by the time you get this email. If you don't have an answer for me, I'd rather you told me rather than this level of ignorance. I have respectfully requested an update 3 times in the last 10 days without any answer at all, is this the way BB does business?

Let me tell you why this is a bigger pisser for me than it usually could be:

About 2 years ago I tried to set up a full BES12 profile for my company with BlackBerry but never did due to the fact I found it impossible to get information from you about anything. It took weeks to get to the point I had had enough of your BS and I still didn't have any idea of pricing or what you could do for me, I gave up in frustration. Your CSR at the time completely ignored my direct requests, instead I had to meander through repeated questioning that lead nowhere, in fact, it became obvious that whom-ever it was I was corresponding with never read any of my emails and never once directly acknowledged any of my questions in them. It took the filing of a complaint to get the initial contact and I had to file multiple complaints to continue the conversation at various stages. Am I back in the same situation now? Do I have to ask for the name of your direct supervisor?

I know this isn't a big deal for you, just one more consumer BBMe account, but I WANT to use BBMe and I'm trying to play by the rules BlackBerry set out. If you'd rather not do business with me then tell me; quit ghosting me. Quit not following up when you say you will. Quit claiming the delay is due to others. Just tell me the truth. What is it I have to do to get answers from you?

If I don't get a response in the next 48 hours then all I can do is assume that my business isn't important enough for you, just like my company having a BES12 profile with you wasn't important enough 2 years ago.

Regards,
    05-08-19 05:29 PM
    Well, that petty much guarantees a nul response.

As an aside, I'm pretty convinced that BlackBerry really doesn't want this BBMe consumer business anyway. They offered it as a goodwill gesture to respond to the imminent shutdown from Emtek.
    illsince1977 likes this.
    05-08-19 06:19 PM
    I sent you a PM with a contact at BB. I went through some of the same things with BEs12.
    Then again with workspaces. You have to be a network admin and guess the proper server address to get Workspaces working. I had the experience to do this but ran into other issues with administration. I needed a cloud solution so I spent about $300 in the winter for a Western Digital EX4 Nas. I was already using one ... but you wont believe what happened next!

Apparently the same software in these WD Nas and the phone app is the same as Blackberry Workspaces. I mentioned this to support and they told me that Workspaces is in Several Manufactures of Nas products. If you use this don't forget to install the WD Access app if you want easy access to the shares. That's also funny because you really aren't told that in the instructions. Since they have tightened security and shares access in File Explorer the average person maybe returning these Nas. Anyway after explaining that I was not able to Administer my workspaces account the day after I got it working...Signed out and tested it a few times no problem... I got a contact to call if I needed them again.
    05-08-19 06:24 PM
    I know this is probably the wrong section to post this in, but it's been almost 3 weeks since I originally started to try and set myself up with a BBMe account. Since then I've run into issue after issue (see thread in BBMe forum) and it seems BB have returned to tricks of old; ignoring the consumer and hoping it all goes away.

This is a copy of an email I just sent to BB and I'm hoping this is the forum with the most exposure to get an answer from them as I haven't heard from them in almost 10 days (references available on request only to BB if they can be bothered to contact via PM):

It's now 9 days since I heard from you, probably 10 by the time you get this email. If you don't have an answer for me, I'd rather you told me rather than this level of ignorance. I have respectfully requested an update 3 times in the last 10 days without any answer at all, is this the way BB does business?

About 2 years ago I tried to set up a full BES12 profile for my company with BlackBerry but never did due to the fact I found it impossible to get information from you about anything. It took weeks to get to the point I had had enough of your BS and I still didn't have any idea of pricing or what you could do for me, I gave up in frustration. Your CSR at the time completely ignored my direct requests, instead I had to meander through repeated questioning that lead nowhere, in fact, it became obvious that whom-ever it was I was corresponding with never read any of my emails and never once directly acknowledged any of my questions in them. It took the filing of a complaint to get the initial contact and I had to file multiple complaints to continue the conversation at various stages. Am I back in the same situation now? Do I have to ask for the name of your direct supervisor?

I know this isn't a big deal for you, just one more consumer BBMe account, but I WANT to use BBMe and I'm trying to play by the rules BlackBerry set out. If you'd rather not do business with me then tell me; quit ghosting me. Quit not following up when you say you will. Quit claiming the delay is due to others. Just tell me the truth. What is it I have to do to get answers from you?

If I don't get a response in the next 48 hours then all I can do is assume that my business isn't important enough for you, just like my company having a BES12 profile with you wasn't important enough 2 years ago.

Regards,
    BB says you can't fire us in mobile since we quit almost three years ago.

BB has politely told you don't call us we'll call you.

Seriously, if BB not interested with your business, just move on. The rest of us seem to be able to do business with BB how BB wants to do business.

Perhaps, there's something here with you and BB and you're blacklisted. No idea. Just an observation.
    05-08-19 06:24 PM
    My correspondence up until today has been diplomatic, courteous, and has laid out my issues pragmatically and in detail and all I've received to date is the run around. Maybe a change of tact will kick start things, who knows.

If you can tell me how else I'm supposed to get a positive response to this then feel free to tell me. It seem every other method has failed; BB seems to have no interest in dealing with this issue no matter how I approach them.
    05-08-19 06:26 PM
    BB says you can't fire us in mobile since we quit almost three years ago.

BB has politely told you don't call us we'll call you.

Seriously, if BB not interested with your business, just move on. The rest of us seem to be able to do business with BB how BB wants to do business.

Perhaps, there's something here with you and BB and you're blacklisted. No idea. Just an observation.
    Of course, blame the consumer
    elfabio80 and ck2nb like this.
    05-08-19 06:27 PM
    My correspondence up until today has been diplomatic, courteous, and has laid out my issues pragmatically and in detail and all I've received to date is the run around. Maybe a change of tact will kick start things, who knows.

If you can tell me how else I'm supposed to get a positive response to this then feel free to tell me. It seem every other method has failed; BB seems to have no interest in dealing with this issue no matter how I approach them.
    To add to my first post, this just shows that BlackBerry no longer has a consumer front-end, and has no way of really dealing with a multitude of single-user issues.
    05-08-19 06:27 PM
    Um the enterprise side sucks too. They really expect you to have some magic key to open the door if they don't answer.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-08-19 06:39 PM
    I run a medium to large (depending on how you interpret the metrics) independent business, and if I ever found out any of my reps treated an account, no matter how small, the same way I've been treated over the past 3 weeks and also 2 years ago, they would have been fired on the spot (and yes there is wording in their contract to allow me to do that). There is no excuse for this. None.
    05-08-19 06:55 PM
    I run a medium to large (depending on how you interpret the metrics) independent business, and if I ever found out any of my reps treated an account, no matter how small, the same way I've been treated over the past 3 weeks and also 2 years ago, they would have been fired on the spot (and yes there is wording in their contract to allow me to do that). There is no excuse for this. None.
    That's assuming of course that you even HAVE any reps for consumer issues.
    05-08-19 06:56 PM
    That's assuming of course that you even HAVE any reps for consumer issues.
    What does it matter whether our clients are commercial or consumer? If BB didn't want consumer business then they shouldn't pander to that market. Seeing as they have done, then they better be prepared to deal with it. Besides, I've tried doing business with BB at both ends, and the level and willingness of service seems to be exactly the same: awful
    05-08-19 07:01 PM
    What does it matter whether our clients are commercial or consumer? If BB didn't want consumer business then they shouldn't pander to that market. Seeing as they have done, then they better be prepared to deal with it. Besides, I've tried doing business with BB at both ends, and the level and willingness of service seems to be exactly the same: awful
    They aren't pandering to that market - far from it in fact. They would likely prefer this all goes away so they don't have to deal with it. Even at $5/yr it's a losing proposition.

As I wrote earlier, this is just a knee-jerk reaction to Emtek's sudden exit.
    05-08-19 07:06 PM
    They aren't pandering to that market - far from it in fact. They would likely prefer this all goes away so they don't have to deal with it. Even at $5/yr it's a losing proposition.

As I wrote earlier, this is just a knee-jerk reaction to Emtek's sudden exit.
    This wouldn't be so bad if this is what they had said right from the get-go but in my first contact they claimed they could solve the issue almost immediately. That then was extended to a day or two; then to a "I need to chat with my colleagues and I'll get back to you", the final message last Monday. If they aren't able to handle consumer concerns then they should say so. And as I said, this wouldn't stink so much if they hadn't effed us around 2 years ago when we were looking to do business with them at the corporate level.
    05-08-19 07:13 PM

Regards,
    Contact me directly please. We'll try to figure it out.
    BBHermes and Bbfan1614 like this.
    05-09-19 07:59 AM

As an aside, I'm pretty convinced that BlackBerry really doesn't want this BBMe consumer business anyway. They offered it as a goodwill gesture to respond to the imminent shutdown from Emtek.
    I guess if one calls a spade 100 times, it eventually becomes a spade, right?

Your enduring optimism on this forum is truly appreciated.
    05-09-19 08:03 AM
    I guess if one calls a spade 100 times, it eventually becomes a spade, right?

Your enduring optimism on this forum is truly appreciated.
    I understand that you're just doing your job, and I respect and appreciate your efforts.

But I'm still not convinced on the business case, and don't see anything but red in this for BlackBerry. That is why, if BlackBerry is operating with a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders, I believe they want this to go away.
    05-09-19 08:09 AM
    I understand that you're just doing your job, and I respect and appreciate your efforts.

But I'm still not convinced on the business case, and don't see anything but red in this for BlackBerry. That is why, if BlackBerry is operating with a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders, I believe they want this to go away.
    This judgment is premature.
    Let things unfold and judge later, would be a more thoughtful approach.
    In the end, however, we are all entitled to our options.

"Just doing the job" has never been in my vocabulary by the way

Till we meet again.
    05-09-19 08:20 AM

Till we meet again.
    Most here have seen enough of BlackBerry "unfolding" over the last ten years, to have a "feel" for what's coming.

Would be great if we are wrong... but if BlackBerry wanted to keep existing users and grow BBMe, they did a poor job of this "transition".
    05-09-19 08:40 AM

Till we meet again.
    Dear Denis,

Thank you for your commitment and support on BBME. I am sure I am not the only one appreciating it here.

Unfortunately In this forum some people cannot see more than their ego. They pretend to have the knowledge and to speak on behalf of BB and of the shareholders. And if you criticize them, you may get absurd answers.

Your answers have more value here than the ones of many fans here. Mine included.
    05-09-19 09:51 AM
    Dear Denis,

Thank you for your commitment and support on BBME. I am sure I am not the only one appreciating it here.

Unfortunately In this forum some people cannot see more than their ego. They pretend to have the knowledge and to speak on behalf of BB and of the shareholders. And if you criticize them, you may get absurd answers.

Your answers have more value here than the ones of many fans here. Mine included.
    I absolutely agree! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80, Jake2826 and Sigewif like this.
    05-09-19 09:56 AM
    I absolutely agree! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    I ALSO completely disagree with conite's and similar claims.
    From my experience, BB Always responded to my questions and issues, politely and fast.
    Specially now, for BBMe, I reported issue about 'no notification for missed voice/video calls' on key2, and issue was resolved in just few days, thanks to Denis Fedotenko and Blackberry BBMe team.
    Also, there was issue on iOs that was also solved fast with an update.
    THANKS BLACKBERRY AND DENIS FEDOTENKO! Keep up the good job, and we believe in you and thanks for BBMe experience!
    05-09-19 11:44 AM
    Dear Denis,

Completely agreed! Really seems like some people have some hidden interes to spread negativity about BBMe, when, on contrary it is great app and support is , from my experience great!
    I am really surprised that some people are negatively talking about BBMe and BB's plans when obviously it is going Well. On poll allone from yesterday, arround 40% of people moved to BBMe , other 40% didn't move yet but might move...
    I have 50 BBMe contacts already, and it will grow. Because it deserves to grow, app is fantastic!
    05-09-19 11:48 AM

I completely dissagree with you. There were already 2 updates that fixed issues, 1 on key2 , and 1 on iOs, it took only 1 report and in just several days, issues were solved.
    I am unsure why you are always talking negatively about BBMe etc, without any relevant information about it's plans from relevant source.
    I am sure BBMe is best app of sort and will stay here for long time.
    Thanks to BBMe support team on top with Denis Fedotenko, we DO APPRECIATE your work and dedication!
    05-09-19 11:51 AM
    To add to my first post, this just shows that BlackBerry no longer has a consumer front-end, and has no way of really dealing with a multitude of single-user issues.
    BBMe just opened for individual use, for sure it takes time for them to organize and set good support.
    However, in my case, I reported issue and it was solved in 5 days.
    Same goes with iOs issue which was also solved in update.
    I do NOT agree with you, in this 2 cases support was great.
    anon(10218918) and Jake2826 like this.
    05-09-19 11:53 AM

Till we meet again.
    Exactly denis! We DO thank and SEE your's and Blackberrys effort to solve issues and support this app.

Do not take seriously this negativity from people who don't even use BBMe and talk like they know BB's plan for future of this app, without any relevant source of information.
    05-09-19 11:55 AM
109 123 ...