Hi Guys, I'm having a good time getting Android and iPhone users on BBM. I think I can do better if I have a few key points on advantages BBM has over WhatsApp. Can someone Help me out?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:10 PM
    Well, you have the D and R. No phone numbers involved which means you can decide who you want in your contact list, not everyone that's in your address book.
    Secure servers.
    Groups, pic sharing, etc. A much better ui in my opinion. Status updates - almost like facebook, which makes it more social.
    And coming soon - channels, video and voice.
    11-04-13 05:52 PM
    Well, you have the D and R. No phone numbers involved which means you can decide who you want in your contact list, not everyone that's in your address book.
    Secure servers.
    Groups, pic sharing, etc. A much better ui in my opinion. Status updates - almost like facebook, which makes it more social.
    And coming soon - channels, video and voice.
    Whatsapp has status updates.

Secure servers is total BS.

BBM used to be more reliable and hopefully will be again soon. Thets the ONLY thing that matters.

It does looks nicer too, but that's irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:42 PM
    I installed Whatsapp on my phone and it doesn't even come close to BBM. give your head a shake!
    I could not delete my account on Whatsapp. Spying on people is my biggest concern. With BBM, I am much more secure then any other program.
    11-04-13 10:51 PM
    There are a few graphs that show the advantages of BBM over Whatsapp just google them. It clearly shows the pros of BBM just tell your buddies BBM voice and Video on its way soon. You will be able to video call each other over wifi no other platform does that ...
    11-04-13 10:57 PM
    90% of users are not concerned about security as they engage for casual chitchat. Its a different segment from high level corporate users or defense industry players. The most important is the almost instant delivery 99% of the time. We won't know if this will maintain when users reach 300 million as bbm only serves 80 million users while whatsapp has 350 m. Whatsapp can sometimes take hours to deliver but mostly quite fast. Then there are the core features for voice calls n video calls coming soon to android-iPhone.
    sparkaction likes this.
    11-05-13 04:28 AM
    90% of users are not concerned about security as they engage for casual chitchat. Its a different segment from high level corporate users or defense industry players. The most important is the almost instant delivery 99% of the time. We won't know if this will maintain when users reach 300 million as bbm only serves 80 million users while whatsapp has 350 m. Whatsapp can sometimes take hours to deliver but mostly quite fast. Then there are the core features for voice calls n video calls coming soon to android-iPhone.
    Instant delivery is gone since cross-platform rolled out. Onyl time will tell if BlackBerry gets it together and brings it back.

Whatsapp delivery is unreliable. I hope BBM stops resembling Whatsapp, and get back to being reliable.

This thread, and its lack of good responses, highlights a problem: what are the advantages of BBM now in the market. Abset rock-solid reliability, I really see none.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:26 AM
    You will be able to video call each other over wifi no other platform does that ...
    Yeah, no other app can do voice or video call, not even Skype, Facetime, Hangout, ChatON, Viber, Line, ...
    11-05-13 06:29 AM
    Yeah, no other app can do voice or video call, not even Skype, Facetime, Hangout, ChatON, Viber, Line, ...
    Not to mention, BBM can't do this x-platform now.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:21 AM
    Line does offer free voice calls over wifi and its cross platform... excluding BlackBerry as of now
    Also BBM doesn't currently support Voice and Video other than BB10...

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    11-05-13 09:33 AM
    So much misinformation regarding rival products on this forum...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-06-13 10:35 PM