This is one of these limitations that makes people want to switch to another social media.

I have created a family group to share our pictures as we are living in different countries. Pictures are getting deleted now, this is so upsetting.

The pictures are already compressed so much the quality is very poor, why oh why limiting them to 80 pictures ? We're not in early 2000 anymore, storage costs are order of magnitude cheaper. Please BBM, get your act together if you want people to stick to this tool!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:49 AM
    Damn I wasn't aware of that. Bad news.
    11-02-13 11:22 AM
    Stupid. Just stupid.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:46 PM
    Stupid. Just stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. The 6 mb file transfer limit is also stupid.
    And the pinnacle is a super long chat I have that is too long to copy or email is now being erased from the top (without warning) - each new incoming message erases an old one...I guess the buffer is full.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:51 PM
    Yup. The 6 mb file transfer limit is also stupid.
    And the pinnacle is a super long chat I have that is too long to copy or email is now being erased from the top (without warning) - each new incoming message erases an old one...I guess the buffer is full.

Posted via CB10
    We'll I don't blame them on the super long chat. If can't be saved forever. What do you want them to do? Prevent further discussion?
    11-02-13 03:05 PM
    We'll I don't blame them on the super long chat. If can't be saved forever. What do you want them to do? Prevent further discussion?
    No not at all, just let me copy it so I can save it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:07 PM
    I guess it would be good top notify you. But you can copy it, you know?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:25 PM
    I guess it would be good top notify you. But you can copy it, you know?

Posted via CB10
    Can't. It only takes about the last day's messages. I have discovered no way to copy the whole thing on 10.2. If you know of a way, I'm all ears.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:35 PM
    Can't. It only takes about the last day's messages. I have discovered no way to copy the whole thing on 10.2. If you know of a way, I'm all ears.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, wow, really? It only copies the last day's worth? That's ridiculous. I'm not a chat saver type person, but I agree that's absurd.
    11-02-13 04:02 PM
    well i think the idea is that when a picture is posted, you just grab the picture to have it in your phone, you can actually set it to automatically copy pictures that are post in groups.
    11-02-13 04:30 PM
    Oscar, how do you do that ? Couldn't find the option in the parameters

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:02 PM
    Whatsapp doesn't erase group chat or group pics. I scrolled all the way back to April 2013 in one of whatsapp group chats, and everything was still there.

In chat pictures, pictures at group level, pictures saved in whatsapp folder in file manager. Add to that pushtotalk, higher file transfer size, multiple file formats....its a compelling case for my android contacts to stay with whatsapp right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:59 AM
    it's pretty stupid... and i disagree on the idea that we need to save the pictures into our phones... i think that is the purpose of the group! i mean it's to share... yes if saving the picture is what you want (that can be an option. well we can already do that.) but they shouldn't limit the amount of pictures... especially if it is a family group. like mentioned above.. storage cost are not as expensive as in the back of the day...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:12 PM
    Is it possible to put max number of it? So i mean, it will be keep picture in unlimited

Posted by Refan's Family
    11-04-13 03:04 AM
    BBM on BlackBerry OS used to save group pictures automatically. I don't see it happening on BlackBerry 10. Is there a way to auto save photos on BBM for BB 10?

Thanks.
    11-05-13 02:19 PM