I have been using a BlackBerry Z10 for a while now. So WhatsApp is really horrible on BlackBerry 10. Since BlackBerry is not coming out with any new BlackBerry 10 phones this year and the Priv is about MYR 600 more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I decided to change to a phone with a higher spec's at a lower price with a more socially acceptable brand. Once my friends and colleagues know about that they all immediately deleted their #BBM.

They refuse to use BBM amongst each other and only use it when communicating with me personally. So now my BBM is only for group chats with other people I've met in this forum.

I have to say though that I found WhatsApp on Android is worse than WhatsApp on BlackBerry. I'm sort of regretting it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 04:02 AM
    Yeah, you already told us that story.
    05-28-16 05:00 AM
    I decided to change to a phone with a higher spec's at a lower price with a more socially acceptable brand.
    "...a more socially acceptable brand?" Seriously? Do you actually _care_ about what others think of your choice of phones..???

I'm starting to understand now why you have been posting threads with misleading titles, seemingly trying to persuade everyone to use WhatsApp instead of BBM: At first, I thought maybe you actually worked for WhatsApp, but now I see you may _actually believe other people care_.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Last edited by David Tyler; 05-28-16 at 09:23 PM.
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-28-16 01:22 PM
    "...a more socially acceptable brand?" Seriously? Do you actually _care_ about what others think of your choice of phones..???

I'm starting to understand now why you have been posting threads with misleading titles, seemingly trying to persuade everyone to use WhatsApp instead of BBM: At first, I thought maybe you actually worked for WhatsApp, but now I see you may _actually believe other people care_.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    On the contrary I'm hoping more people would use BBM coz WhatsApp is totally absolutely horribly terrible if I can describe it better. However when I deleted my WhatsApp account on Tuesday I get calls from colleagues, business partners and customers persuading me to reinstall even when I said i hate using it.

All because BBM refused to also use phone numbers in conjuction with the pin.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 04:17 AM
    On the contrary I'm hoping more people would use BBM coz WhatsApp is totally absolutely horribly terrible if I can describe it better.
    If you had titled this thread something like, "How can I persuade WhatsApp users to switch to BBM?" I might believe you.

05-29-16 07:22 AM
    You have had enough threads for this topic....

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    05-29-16 11:36 AM
    On the contrary I'm hoping more people would use BBM coz WhatsApp is totally absolutely horribly terrible if I can describe it better. However when I deleted my WhatsApp account on Tuesday I get calls from colleagues, business partners and customers persuading me to reinstall even when I said i hate using it.

All because BBM refused to also use phone numbers in conjuction with the pin.

Posted via CB10
    If bbm attached my phone number to my PIN or BlackBerry account, I would dump it faster than a crazy chick I met at the bar.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-29-16 08:08 PM
    If bbm attached my phone number to my PIN or BlackBerry account, I would dump it faster than a crazy chick I met at the bar.

Why would that be? Nobody will ever know your phone number unless you give it to them.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 05:11 PM
    Why would that be? Nobody will ever know your phone number unless you give it to them.

Posted via CB10
    If there is data associated with your account that can be accessed by another user/client to search for in system and send invite to, then that data is readable by a user on the system. Aka, it is not private data.

David Tyler likes this.
    06-01-16 04:49 PM
    How is whatsapp horrible? I use both BBM and whatsapp and both work perfectly fine on BB10...

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 07:06 PM
    How is whatsapp horrible? I use both BBM and whatsapp and both work perfectly fine on BB10...
    I'm sure it works fine. I want no part of it because it's run by Facebook, and I assume anything communicated on WhatsApp isn't anything like private.

miker476 likes this.
    06-06-16 10:17 PM
    I'm sure it works fine. I want no part of it because it's run by Facebook, and I assume anything communicated on WhatsApp isn't anything like private.

U do know the chats are end to end encrypted right? BBM isn't even end to end encrypted to my knowledge.....but that's fine. Thats your decision. My response was more to the OP saying it's garbage on BB10. I just wanna know how exactly is it garbage lol...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 05:29 PM
    U do know the chats are end to end encrypted right? BBM isn't even end to end encrypted to my knowledge.....but that's fine. Thats your decision. My response was more to the OP saying it's garbage on BB10. I just wanna know how exactly is it garbage lol...

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp "encryption" has already been hacked, and I use BBM Protected for all my business communications. Vanilla BBM _is_ in fact encrypted, but BlackBerry has the encryption keys. With BBM Protected, you have to be in physical possession of one of the phones in question to read he messages -- keys are created and exchanged by the phones, not by BlackBerry. You don't need BES to use it, and it's cheap.

No idea why WhatsApp is "garbage" on BlackBerry 10 -- I've never heard anyone hate on the way it functions other than the fact that it grabs all your contacts -- but that's not unique to BB10.

06-07-16 08:47 PM
    Well let me elaborate why I think WhatsApp is garbage on BlackBerry 10 ;

- you cannot see pictures sent to you unless you downland it.

- if you downloaded picture A from 1 group chat, & keep receiving the same picture from other people you will have multiple copies of the same picture even though you only downloaded it once.

- it is very cumbersome to share more than one picture at the same time over WhatsApp as you have to choose 1 picture, tap on add & then go back and choose the first picture again before you can add other pictures.

- They handle videos in the same way as pictures so my phone SD Card is always getting filled up with multilingual copies of the same videos & pictures too.

- There is no way to stop the automatic download of voice messages.

- There is no way to stop the automatic upgrade of WhatsApp. You must upgrade whenever there is a new update. Upon updating, all good pictures any of your contacts has sent you earlier will be automatically downloaded, and this can happen while you are sleeping too.

- The daily back up files from WhatsApp is almost 500 MB in size per day. These will not be saved any where but your phone hence clogging up my phone and slowing it down.

- there is no way to retract a message if you have wrongly sent it to the wrong contact. Just apologies profusely.

- it has too little features as compared to BBM.

- sometimes the group chats move so fast that by the time you manage to type the reply of one person most probably you are already too slow.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 12:40 PM
    Well let me elaborate why I think WhatsApp is garbage on BlackBerry 10 ;

- you cannot see pictures sent to you unless you downland it.

- if you downloaded picture A from 1 group chat, & keep receiving the same picture from other people you will have multiple copies of the same picture even though you only downloaded it once.

- it is very cumbersome to share more than one picture at the same time over WhatsApp as you have to choose 1 picture, tap on add & then go back and choose the first picture again before you can add other pictures.

- They handle videos in the same way as pictures so my phone SD Card is always getting filled up with multilingual copies of the same videos & pictures too.

- There is no way to stop the automatic download of voice messages.

- There is no way to stop the automatic upgrade of WhatsApp. You must upgrade whenever there is a new update. Upon updating, all good pictures any of your contacts has sent you earlier will be automatically downloaded, and this can happen while you are sleeping too.

- The daily back up files from WhatsApp is almost 500 MB in size per day. These will not be saved any where but your phone hence clogging up my phone and slowing it down.

- there is no way to retract a message if you have wrongly sent it to the wrong contact. Just apologies profusely.

- it has too little features as compared to BBM.

- sometimes the group chats move so fast that by the time you manage to type the reply of one person most probably you are already too slow.

Posted via CB10
    Some of these I agree with. Selecting multiple pictures isn't the easiest but it is still doable. There also isn't as many features as BBM

But others I understand. Daily back limits shouldn't be 500MB. How many contacts and conversations do u have lol? It tells u that it automatically downloads voice notes for the best quality....how is a group chat moving too fast whatsapps fault? At least with whatsapp u can see the last message u left off at in a group chat...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 12:24 PM
    Some of these I agree with. Selecting multiple pictures isn't the easiest but it is still doable. There also isn't as many features as BBM

But others I understand. Daily back limits shouldn't be 500MB. How many contacts and conversations do u have lol? It tells u that it automatically downloads voice notes for the best quality....how is a group chat moving too fast whatsapps fault? At least with whatsapp u can see the last message u left off at in a group chat...

Posted via CB10
    I have 75 group chats on WhatsApp, 1300 out of 2700 contacts using WhatsApp. I get an average of 1 message every 5 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:25 AM
    Lol holy crap. Well no wonder why the backup files are so big. BBM would be the same way if u had that many conversations going on

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 11:52 AM
    I have 75 group chats on WhatsApp, 1300 out of 2700 contacts using WhatsApp. I get an average of 1 message every 5 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    So just out of curiosity... what kind of messages are those??

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 04:30 AM
    So just out of curiosity... what kind of messages are those??

Posted via CB10
    Majority of them again from my customers & potential customers, then colleagues, bosses, family & friends.

My BBM is only left with my DAD & people I get to know from Crackberry and all of them I've not met in person.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 01:16 PM