Since 2010, I've been using one BlackBerry ID on both my work and personal phones. (I was issued a Tour for work, and bought a Curve for personal use). I upgraded my personal phone to a Z10 last summer; my employer just issued me a Q10 last week.

(Don't worry; I was issued a Bold in early 2013!)

With the corporate migration to the Q10, BBM is kept in the "Personal" side of BlackBerry Balance. Now, BBM only recognizes the account on my personal Z10.

I imagine there's only a handful of experiences like this. Does anyone know a work-around?
    07-18-14 03:55 PM
    Since 2010, I've been using one BlackBerry ID on both my work and personal phones. (I was issued a Tour for work, and bought a Curve for personal use). I upgraded my personal phone to a Z10 last summer; my employer just issued me a Q10 last week.

(Don't worry; I was issued a Bold in early 2013!)

With the corporate migration to the Q10, BBM is kept in the "Personal" side of BlackBerry Balance. Now, BBM only recognizes the account on my personal Z10.

I imagine there's only a handful of experiences like this. Does anyone know a work-around?
    BBM can only be installed once on your device under OS 10.2.1, you can't have two instances of it. In OS 10.3 I believe there is going to be a BBM for Work which can be managed by your BES Admins.
    07-18-14 04:18 PM
    When you check the BBID on your phone after activating it on BES10... does it still show your BBID? How are other BlackBerry users in the company accessing BBM?

Your Personal side is still the companies to control... maybe they have something not setup the way it should be?
    07-18-14 04:25 PM
    Yep; when activating the new work phone, it asked me for my BBID, so I just used the same one.

Other employees don't use BBM. (Most other employees started using their iPhones and Androids with another MDM provider. But the company is ending that this summer, and will be using BES 10 exclusively, from what I understand.)
    07-18-14 04:59 PM
    What shows up when you try to use BBM on your Q10?

May have to check and see if they have everything setup correctly to allow BBM to work on your phone. BBM is in the personal side, but it can still be controlled via BES.
    07-21-14 12:09 PM