Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-02-14 07:37 AM
60 123
tools
    Update finished.... hope it gets approved on BlackBerry World soon... will post what's in the update then... suspense...
    *holds breath*

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:13 AM
    *holds breath*

Posted via CB10
    The developers of Visual Connection are in no way responsible for any damage that results from you holding your breath
    I included the custom keyboard as a demo in the PlayBook version, it can be enabled by typing "custom keyboard" in the word text box. It can be disabled by typing "stock keyboard".
    The stock KeyBoard as the Default WILL NOT go away; Brian and I feel that it makes the app unique, better displays the power of BB10, and helps unify the all touch and Q10 versions. Whether or not it will be included as an optional feature or in-app purchase is being discussed, and depends in large part on end user feedback.

If you're having problems with purchasing coins in the PlayBook version, we apologize. It's a problem with the communications between the app and BlackBerry World, and some BlackBerry employees are looking into it for us.
    03-26-13 01:24 PM
    I feel the custom keyboard (the 2 rows of scrambled words right?) should be an optional feature that can be placed in the settings. So if the user wants the stock keyboard, they can just switch it there as well. But one question though, while using the custom keyboard, how would I delete certain letters from the word I'm guessing (let's say I made a typo)? Is there going to be a delete button included or would I have to "submit" that wrong answer before getting a chance to type my intended answer? Because other games would just require a touch to that particular letter and it gets deleted. But that only works on the premise that the answers are placed in individual "bubbles". Seeing as to how this game utilizes just a text entry bar, that wouldn't be possible right? Just curious.
    03-27-13 02:19 AM
    Bought this and like it very much. One thing though on PLAYBOOK,after you complete a level it gives an option to close or go to next level. Well the close button doesn't work only the next level button works. Not a big deal really just thought you'd like to know.

I really enjoy playing this with the family. Keep up the good work.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 02:56 AM
    @the_igg See this is where fragmentation between the Q and Z would start. And we wanted to avoid this as there is a good chance the Q will be more popular than the Z once released. Plus I (more so than SCrid2000, the other developer of this game) think that the game is too easy with the custom keyboard. Because all people end up doing is unscrambling the letters to get the answer rather than really analyzing the pictures to figure out what the answer is. However as SCrid2000 said above we are looking into how we can incorporate into the app. We will both get our Dev Alpha C's soon and once we can test on the actual device we will be able to better assess how it will work on Q.

@BB-Bmore This has been addressed in the update that was released today (v1.3). It should now say "You earned 3 coins!" and only have the Next Level button.
    the_igg and Natral Cutie like this.
    03-27-13 11:10 AM
    Good game...well worth $0.99...I would definitely appreciate the letter bank and more variety of pics...some pics are used multiple times...I also wouldn't mind some extras...i.e. different ways to earn coins...bonus levels or spins to earn a letter...with that being said I still play this game daily...even though I'm stuck on level 58...lol

Posted via CB10
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:25 PM
    Good game...well worth $0.99...I would definitely appreciate the letter bank and more variety of pics...some pics are used multiple times...I also wouldn't mind some extras...i.e. different ways to earn coins...bonus levels or spins to earn a letter...with that being said I still play this game daily...even though I'm stuck on level 58...lol

Posted via CB10
    Glad you like it If you're really, really stuck on level 58, you should PM PKCable (a mod here) and ask him to name it for you.
    Natral Cutie likes this.
    03-29-13 10:33 PM
    Glad you like it If you're really, really stuck on level 58, you should PM PKCable (a mod here) and ask him to name it for you.
    Fairly new to Crackberry...how do I PM someone? I was able to find his profile,but no options for messaging...did I miss something?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:54 PM
    Fairly new to Crackberry...how do I PM someone? I was able to find his profile,but no options for messaging...did I miss something?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, attempted play on words that didn't work because I thought the answer to level 58 was Rich (which is PK's first name lol), but I double checked and the answer to that level isn't rich, it's **** (self censored )
    In the next update I believe we're going to increase the starting level of coins to 100, so if you're still stuck that'd be enough for a hint
    03-29-13 11:06 PM
    Sorry, attempted play on words that didn't work because I thought the answer to level 58 was Rich (which is PK's first name lol), but I double checked and the answer to that level isn't rich, it's **** (self censored )
    In the next update I believe we're going to increase the starting level of coins to 100, so if you're still stuck that'd be enough for a hint
    Np...the funny thing is I played the game after my previous post and finally figured it out...now on level 141!!!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:09 AM
    stuck on level 215 any help would greatly be appreciated, i have used my hint, says its teatime. but need help plz
    03-31-13 03:17 PM
    stuck on level 215 any help would greatly be appreciated, i have used my hint, says its teatime. but need help plz
    Hmm, might change one of the images for level 215 to this, let me know if that helps

Visual Connection - 4 pics 1 word - Native Game-jack4.jpg
    03-31-13 04:29 PM
    phew that was hard but got it now. lol
    03-31-13 05:44 PM
    Stuck on 223 any help appreciated thanks
    04-01-13 07:28 AM
    Stuck on level 20 and can't continue :-(
    04-01-13 01:50 PM
    Not trying to be mean but this isn't where the developer tell you the answers to the levels . We have provided hints and level skips for all levels. The fun of the game is to figure it out or work with friends/family to help. Could even take a screenshot of the app (press volume up and down at the same time) then share the picture on twitter, facebook, instagram, etc and ask your online friends. The BB10 version does have the option to buy coins and we are working with BlackBerry to get in app purchases fixed for the PlayBook version, the issue is on their end not ours. However there is a solutions app on BlackBerry World: BlackBerry World - Visual Connection Answers

P.S. We are hard at work with another update, shooting for a release around the time the Q10 comes out. Obviously more levels and hopefully some other new goodies.
    Natral Cutie likes this.
    04-01-13 02:54 PM
    Yup... we need more levels. Downloaded and finished in one day. Took a few hours and was stumped a few times (wife was helping) but managed to get through it without purchasing additional coins. Lots of fun.. great job on this!

Posted via CB10
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    04-01-13 04:41 PM
    Yup... we need more levels. Downloaded and finished in one day. Took a few hours and was stumped a few times (wife was helping) but managed to get through it without purchasing additional coins. Lots of fun.. great job on this!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you liked it. Please leave a review in BlackBerry World if you haven't already. Need the masses to know how good the game is. Also glad to hear that it is very doable to beat without purchasing coins because some have suggested that we are just trying to scam people out of money for extra coins (which is totally not true). The coins are there for purchase if you need the extra help.

And this should go with out saying but all updates with additional features and levels will be FREE. Unlike the competition who puts out a new app when they make new levels and wants you to spend another $0.99...
    04-01-13 04:55 PM
    Glad you liked it. Please leave a review in BlackBerry World if you haven't already. Need the masses to know how good the game is. Also glad to hear that it is very doable to beat without purchasing coins because some have suggested that we are just trying to scam people out of money for extra coins (which is totally not true). The coins are there for purchase if you need the extra help.

And this should go with out saying but all updates with additional features and levels will be FREE. Unlike the competition who puts out a new app when they make new levels and wants you to spend another $0.99...
    Very true...
    Left a good review. Looking forward to future updates!

Posted via CB10
    Brian Scheirer and SCrid2000 like this.
    04-01-13 11:42 PM
    This was the first and only thing i've bought so far and I appreciate the game very much. Now that I have sideloaded 4pics 1word I don't mind that the word bank of letters is not in Visual connections. But if ya'all decide to add it, I wouldn't be madd.
    04-07-13 07:19 PM
    i am stuck on level 237 on visual connection whats the answer plies
    04-08-13 10:57 AM
    This was the first and only thing i've bought so far and I appreciate the game very much. Now that I have sideloaded 4pics 1word I don't mind that the word bank of letters is not in Visual connections. But if ya'all decide to add it, I wouldn't be madd.
    We get mixed reviews about the letter bank, some want it and some like that it isn't there because of the extra challenge. Ultimately it comes down to these two things...

1. It would be very difficult/awkward to have it on the Q10.

2. Any time we work on updates our time is better spent making new levels. So until we are out of level ideas (which we could go on forever, there are something like 100,000 words in the English language) we will probably focus more on levels than other features.
    04-08-13 08:28 PM
    Brian what an odd username you chose

Great work on the game you guys. Love the customer supporters here too.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:42 PM
    I know some of you guys have been following this thread, just to give a little update we are almost done with a FREE update that will have 100 new levels (400 total, almost double what some of the other 4 pics 1 word games have). Hopefully will be available for download next week

Also a reminder that Visual Connection will be the ONLY game of this kind that works on the Q10 without ugly scrolling or screen squishing. And if you switch from a Z10 to a Q10 (and use the same bbid, like me) you will get to transfer your purchase for free.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    04-11-13 09:48 AM
    I know some of you guys have been following this thread, just to give a little update we are almost done with a FREE update that will have 100 new levels (400 total, almost double what some of the other 4 pics 1 word games have). Hopefully will be available for download next week

Also a reminder that Visual Connection will be the ONLY game of this kind that works on the Q10 without ugly scrolling or screen squishing. And if you switch from a Z10 to a Q10 (and use the same bbid, like me) you will get to transfer your purchase for free.
    But you will have to go through the game again if you switch from the Z to the Q (although that might be a blessing rather than a downside).
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 04-11-13 at 11:27 PM.
    04-11-13 09:53 AM
60 123