Regarding the flaming of the newbies to do a search:I used to be the "do a search" type of poster. Maybe it was kind of mean, but it wasn't intended to be. But once I saw Reed McClay make a post about how newbies actually were doing a search to their problems. They go to Google to solve their problem and they stumble upon here. So they did indeed do a search. So that kind of put it into perspective for me.

Overall, I'll try to be nice I guess.
    Thanks POE, there is no shortage of new BlackBerry owners, fortunately a few find there way here.

First impressions are lasting, we all appreciate the effort you have been putting into making Kevin's resolution work.
    02-21-09 02:28 PM
    Great post Kev. And like everyone else, I totally agree.

Too bad some people still dont follow this and like knockin some posts down. You should make it mandatory for every CB member read this!

Great site and happy bday...
    02-25-09 09:24 PM
    Great thread!
    03-01-09 07:28 PM
    Great thread
    03-05-09 10:11 AM
    So, I see this thread is still open. I hope more people follow this resolution. It is really not that hard to be nice to others; at least, I do not believe that is unattainable goal. I could be wrong.
    03-06-09 06:50 PM
    keep up the good work.
    03-22-09 10:05 PM
    I can only stick to bout 40% of my new year resolutions. 4 out of 10.. Not bad at all
    04-01-09 04:13 PM
    i like it very much
    04-03-09 01:52 AM
    wow sweet awesome what is this thread about
    04-03-09 12:39 PM
    I am a Newbie to CrackBerry and I must say I am very impressed with the help and politeness of most of the members in helping others find their way in the Blackberry/CrackBerry world.

Although I am a newbie, I have been in forums since, well, since the old days of BBS dial up systems with my old Commodore. Before internet and long before cell phones.

The one thing that always caught my attention was either how friendly or how rude the other members were to each other or new members.

I must also say that this is one of the most informed and well rounded forums I have ever had the privilege of being a member of. Nevertheless, I feel for the person posting when they get flamed by more "seasoned" members or even other new members, because this is such a nice forum and I have been treated with respect in my posts and because of a willingness of members trying to help me with BB problems. So, It is disturbing to see any member flamed because they, for example, post in the wrong thread or ask a duplicate question.

I can only imagine how many threads there must be at CrackBerry, It would be fairly easy for someone to post in the wrong place or dupe a question even after doing a "well rounded" search. The bigger a forum gets, the more difficult it can become to do a good search because the data to be searched can become vast, thus, a broad search returns too many posts, and a narrow search returns little to no results, so the only way is seemingly just to post and hope that you post in the right thread and that the question has not already been threaded or posted by someone else who used different terminology.

So thank you for reminding everyone [including myself] about this. It shows that you take high interest in the community and further, that CrackBerry Nation is truly a forum to be proud of.

--Joey
    Last edited by peike; 04-18-09 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Correction of sentence --I really did proofread this ;)
    JBBB1 likes this.
    04-18-09 02:45 AM
    My new years resolusion is to not text on my blackberry while driving
    04-18-09 08:04 PM
    My new years resolusion is to not text on my blackberry while driving
    I sense a spammer in the making! This person obviously didn't read the first post!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 08:09 PM
    Wonderful

Thanks for this thread
    04-19-09 10:27 AM
    my new years resolution is to stay a berry addict
    04-19-09 01:51 PM
    It was to get in shape.
    04-26-09 11:02 PM
    I too agree 100%!!!
    05-09-09 01:47 PM
    Awesome thread - thanks!
    05-13-09 09:17 AM
    Well said! I agree
    05-21-09 12:30 PM
    I agree and well said! Treat others as you would want to be treated... simple as that!
    05-22-09 11:24 PM
    What resolutions I made are broke already. Belated Happy New Year!
    05-28-09 09:06 PM
    i too have been bashed for not "using the search well" or if something had been posted previously that i just hadn't found
    06-02-09 09:51 AM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD