Hi all,

So like other Canadian posters here, I would like to get the Blackberry Curve 8900 but I am with Fido. I searched other posts on here and people have mentioned there are some problems with 8900 + Fido. (ie. BB maps doesn't work, weird roaming problems). My question is...now that Fido offers the Blackberry Pearl does anyone know if it's smooth sailing with the Curve? Are Fido users in the clear yet or is it best move to Rogers?

Thanks a bunch!
    05-27-09 07:33 PM
    You would just have to make sure you have an unlocked 8900 and resend your Fido Service Books. Won't know for sure unless anyone emerges with it actually working. Rogers probably would be your best as in easiest way. Up to you.
    05-27-09 07:44 PM
    It will probably work better (like normal, hopefully) now that Fido has the Blackberry service. However, I do not know anyone else with the service so I can't say for sure. Maybe check the carrier forums?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f74/
    05-27-09 09:28 PM
    Hi all,

So like other Canadian posters here, I would like to get the Blackberry Curve 8900 but I am with Fido. I searched other posts on here and people have mentioned there are some problems with 8900 + Fido. (ie. BB maps doesn't work, weird roaming problems). My question is...now that Fido offers the Blackberry Pearl does anyone know if it's smooth sailing with the Curve? Are Fido users in the clear yet or is it best move to Rogers?

Thanks a bunch!
    fido does not have curve 8900 but best way is go to rogers to get one
    05-27-09 09:35 PM
    Thanks for everyone's input!

I've been hearing rumors that the 8900 is coming to Fido...I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    05-29-09 08:33 PM
    I'm with FIDO and have a 8900. Smooth sailing for me! They offer the pearl now and BB Plans so of course it should work!
    05-30-09 01:58 AM
    I'm with FIDO and have a 8900. Smooth sailing for me! They offer the pearl now and BB Plans so of course it should work!
    That is what I suspected. Thanks for the feedback!
    05-30-09 11:21 AM
    I'm using an unlocked 8900 on Fido and it works perfectly fine..all good!

Fido has the BB Unlimited Email/Instant Messaging plan and the 500 mb/1gb/3gb data plans
    05-30-09 03:25 PM
    I'm using an unlocked 8900 on Fido and it works perfectly fine..all good!

Fido has the BB Unlimited Email/Instant Messaging plan and the 500 mb/1gb/3gb data plans
    I assume that your 8900 is from Rogers. How smooth was the transition?

Can you layout step by step on how to change device?

This are my theoritical steps which I'm afraid to try:
    1. Unlock BB from Rogers
    2. Login on Fido BIS site (where the Fido phone is registered)
    3. Click on "Change device"
    4. Enter PIN and IMEI
    5. Click on "Resend Service Books"

I highly doubt about #3 to prosper in the first place because I dunno if I have to call Rogers or what if I dunno the previous owner of the Rogers BB. This could be possible if buying Rogers BB from flea market.. don't u think?
    08-14-09 07:06 PM
    Do you need to get a different unlocking code for Fido? If the phone is unlocked to Rogers, will it work on the Fido network as well (since it's the same as the Rogers network)?

I've been posting everywhere trying to figure this out! Don't have a BB yet, but intend to acquire one by the end of the week at latest.
    08-25-09 04:29 PM
    if your phone is truly unlocked, any sim card will work in it (including fido).

i just remote unlocked my 8900 (that i got from rogers) with a code, and my fido sim card worked fine in it...
    08-25-09 09:57 PM
    Hey guys im in kind of a jam lol

I have an bb 8900 unlocked that came from rogers. Im now living in England and have a data contract with o2 All i get for my network is lowercase gprs! i cant get EDGE! help guys any ideas?
    08-25-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD