I just switched over to an iphone after using blackberries for years. I have to say that the worst part was not being able to take advantage of CB forums. I had no idea that there was a forum for iphone users. This is great. Hopefully it will stay just as active as the other forums.
    06-27-09 03:30 PM
    It stays active because quite a few former BB users have also made the switch.

Enjoy your new phone. It's a great device.
    06-27-09 03:33 PM
    It's pretty active especially with the release of the 3GS.

Also, our sibling site is TheiPhoneBlog
    06-27-09 03:42 PM
    Also... Congrats on your purchase.
    06-27-09 03:45 PM
    I dumped my Storm the day the 3GS came out. Best thing I ever did. I can't believe I wrestled with a crappy OS for 6 months and limited apps that barely worked while draining memory....

AT&T isn't too bad in my area so I think I'll be ok.
    06-27-09 04:23 PM
    if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask
    06-27-09 05:42 PM
    I just made the switch about a month ago after 3 years with blackberry......
    06-27-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks everyone. I got the regular 3g. After the 3.0 update I'm finding it suits allmy needs. I don't really use video so the video recording wasn't a necessity for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks everyone. I got the regular 3g. After the 3.0 update I'm finding it suits allmy needs. I don't really use video so the video recording wasn't a necessity for me.

Aw c'mon, how can you live without a compass?
    06-27-09 08:02 PM

Are you happy with the 3G?? I am also deciding between the 3G and 3GS..I also do not video and don't feel the need for a compass LOL!!

Do you find that your apps and web pages load quickly enough or are you finding a lag??

How is your call quality and are you having any dropped calls or "no service" problems??

Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your time!!
    Laurie
    06-27-09 08:35 PM
    i went with the 3G as well, same basic experience, and lower price! lol, plus i figure i'll let all the kinks get worked out with the current 3gs, then upgrade.
    06-27-09 09:51 PM
    i went with the 3G as well, same basic experience, and lower price! lol, plus i figure i'll let all the kinks get worked out with the current 3gs, then upgrade.
    The 3GS is a total different experience lol. If you never used one then you wouldn't know. But going from the 3G to the 3GS, trust me it's not the same experience. And not too sure about the kinks that need to be worked out, mine has been flawless since release date.
    06-27-09 10:03 PM
    The 3GS is a total different experience lol. If you never used one then you wouldn't know. But going from the 3G to the 3GS, trust me it's not the same experience. And not too sure about the kinks that need to be worked out, mine has been flawless since release date.
    agreed

i think some BB users need to get there heads out of the water
    06-28-09 10:31 AM
    The Samsung instinct is the device that scared me away from buying phones on release day, i think a lot of people have had that experience and say they will wait for the kinks to be worked out..its seems with the 3GS...there arent really any kinks to be fixed...ill prob go to an ATT store and check one out...who knows i may pay my ETF with Sprint and go to ATT
    06-29-09 08:54 PM
    agreed

i think some BB users need to get there heads out of the water
    We can't get our heads out of the water because we're all stuck in this freaking Storm....lol
    Get it? Stuck in the Storm...hahahahaha....literally stuck.

07-04-09 12:37 PM
    We can't get our heads out of the water because we're all stuck in this freaking Storm....lol
    Get it? Stuck in the Storm...hahahahaha....literally stuck.

Yea, that sucks lol.
    07-04-09 12:44 PM
    agreed I love how active crackberry is. I can't believe iphone doesn't have a forum that is just as proactive. If there is one, someone post it up.

thanks
    07-04-09 02:37 PM
    I have been a faithful bb user for a long time. Currently I have a storm. Well honestly its the fourth one I've had. Even with the release of an official update, the storm is average at best. A good friend of mine just got the iphone 3gs and loves it. I played with it for a while too and found it to be very cool. I have to admit it but I may turn this storm into an expensive paper weight and get myself an iphone 3gs.

Last edited by DawgMan; 07-04-09 at 04:05 PM.
    07-04-09 02:55 PM
    I have been a faithful bb user for a long time. Currently I have a storm. Well honestly its the fourth one I've had. Even with the release of an official update, the storm is average at best. A good friend of mine just got the iphone 3gs and loves it. I played with it for a while too and found it to be very cool. I haye to admit it but I may turn this storm into an expensive paper weight and get myself an iphone 3gs.

Don't turn it into a paper weight, try to sell it.
    07-04-09 03:19 PM
    I have been a faithful bb user for a long time. Currently I have a storm. Well honestly its the fourth one I've had. Even with the release of an official update, the storm is average at best. A good friend of mine just got the iphone 3gs and loves it. I played with it for a while too and found it to be very cool. I haye to admit it but I may turn this storm into an expensive paper weight and get myself an iphone 3gs.

I have 4 lines with Verizon. I'm not going to cancel the line. I'm going to port out this number and have verizon keep this line active with another number and to stick my old Env back on it, and cancel the data plan. It's only $10 extra per month for it.

Then in a year when I'm eligible for the discount hopefully the iphone will be on verizon.
    07-04-09 03:32 PM
    Don't turn it into a paper weight, try to sell it.
    I'll make you a good deal on it!!!!
    07-04-09 04:06 PM
    I'll make you a good deal on it!!!!
    Thanks for the offer lol.
    07-04-09 04:17 PM
    agreed I love how active crackberry is. I can't believe iphone doesn't have a forum that is just as proactive. If there is one, someone post it up.

thanks
    Here's a couple of very active forums:

iPhone Forums - Mac Forums

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Apple.HowardForums.com
    07-05-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD