Got this from member SHUTTER over at the iphone blog ! thanks for your work !

1) install GM seed on iPhone.
    2) restore from back up or set up as new
    3) uninstall official 8.2
    4) uninstall apple mobile device support
    5) install iTunes 8.2 tha shipped with beta 4
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    6) move your iTunes library file (itunes.itl) to a different location if it was updated with the official 8.2
    7) open iTunes
    8) update your ipcc file with this one
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Update the same way you do the ipsw just change the file type to ipcc and navigate to the file
    9) restart your phone and the mms options should be there
    10) uninstall beta 4 iTunes 8.2
    11) uninstall apple mobile device support
    12) reinstall official 8.2 and replace the empty iTunes.itl with the one you moved. You should be good to go, provided your account is provisioned for mms.

SPECIAL THANKS TO : Jerry.b. For helping me do this on my phone !

After following the Above steps , you need to do the bottoms steps !

Go to settings>general>cellular data network

go to mms section and type in the AT&T carrier information for mms.

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Max Message Size: [leave blank]
    MMS UA Prof URL: [leave blank]

Go to settings>messages> mms messaging [on]

This is what you should see :

Attachment 28328
    Last edited by sooks; 06-24-09 at 01:16 AM.
    06-23-09 11:39 PM
    **Bump** Think this would be a good sticky
    06-24-09 01:11 AM
    Great job SOOKS! Thanks for the write up! hopefully it will help while AT&T drags their feet lol!

For any noobs (like me) if you don't know what GM seed is, it is the golden master seed meaning final code lol. Just load iPhone OS 3.0 on your iPhone and follow the steps
    06-24-09 01:48 AM
    hey this is cool.. but man thats alot of steps isn't it just supposed to work?
    06-24-09 02:15 AM
    No it won't just work on att yet. But yes it should in time. It's a lot simpler then it sounds. one day att will open it up hopefully this summer early fall.
    06-24-09 02:22 AM
    What Att hasn't aloud MMS yet? Thought they would have that ball rolling already.
    06-24-09 02:31 AM
    What Att hasn't aloud MMS yet? Thought they would have that ball rolling already.
    So did we , but not untel september well inless u follow that write up ! lol , then u get it now
    06-24-09 02:32 AM
    I'll be trying this out after work, thanks Sooks! Then I can finally lay my Storm to rest......
    06-24-09 12:03 PM
    You can't be provisioned for MMS and have Visual Voicemail working at the same time, so it's a tradeoff.

Some people are doing the workaround for MMS by changing their IMEI to a device that does allow MMS provisioning.. when you do this, you lose visual voicemail.
    06-24-09 12:18 PM
    doens't this mess with the visual voicemail?
    06-24-09 12:18 PM
    doens't this mess with the visual voicemail?
    I believe you can resolve that by going to settings -> general -> network -> cellular data and change the voicemail apn from wap.cingular to acds.voicemail
    06-24-09 01:01 PM
    if i am able to get the 5.0 carrier code on my phone with a mac on itunes 8.2 the same as your steps above or do i need to uninstall everything and do it for other reasons? i have done all the above steps exept for going to the gm, and i couldnt get it to work, is the gm 3.0 the trick?
    06-24-09 04:59 PM
    i followed the write up but i cant get my MMS to work.. wth!!
    06-24-09 06:46 PM
    hey this is cool.. but man thats alot of steps isn't it just supposed to work?
    Yeah just like the Storm is just supposed to work without a leaked OS. Or how about my screen is supposed to just click EVERYWHERE consistently without putting a business card behind the battery door. I thought when I rotated to landscape the screen was suppose do the same, but ummm it didn't.... maybe after a few seconds and it drags to the orientation I want. What about wifi? You keeping talking about how the iPhone doesn't have MMS..... no kidding. But what about your storm without wifi. I'd rather have wifi than mms. Funny thing is, is a short while, i'll have both and you'll still be missing one and still have a crappy device.
    06-24-09 07:45 PM
    i followed the write up but i cant get my MMS to work.. wth!!
    Well you got to give more detial then that for me to help you to get it to work lol..... so please explain and i will do my best to help , i have personally been able to get 4 iphones so far to work, and thats 4/4 lol pretty good ... so let me know and ill help yeah out.
    06-24-09 10:53 PM
    Do you have the option to add the carrier data to the iP under network? If you do make sure they are ented correctly. Also make sure mms is provisioned and check to see if you can receive mms bit not send. Let us know what isn't working and we'll get it going.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:15 AM
    Yeah just like the Storm is just supposed to work without a leaked OS. Or how about my screen is supposed to just click EVERYWHERE consistently without putting a business card behind the battery door. I thought when I rotated to landscape the screen was suppose do the same, but ummm it didn't.... maybe after a few seconds and it drags to the orientation I want. What about wifi? You keeping talking about how the iPhone doesn't have MMS..... no kidding. But what about your storm without wifi. I'd rather have wifi than mms. Funny thing is, is a short while, i'll have both and you'll still be missing one and still have a crappy device.
    honestly i agree. Im sick of hearing iphone bashing for not having MMS for a month or 2 still. Especially from people who own phones missing features or were buggy as he**- Storm (buggy all over), Pre (missing video record and other features), etc. And name one smartphone which can do it all without some hacking? The Storm needs a custom OS leak to function correctly, so its pretty ironic for someone with a Storm bringing up having to hack.

EVERY phone has its flaws, at least Apple is one company dedicated to getting these things done.
    06-25-09 01:29 AM
    if your getting legacy messages saying you have recieved a multimedia message with a user name and password then I doubt this will work. This is for the people where at&t doesn't have mms disabled or those that swap there sims from phone to phone throwing off the system for which one is in use. Unfortunately until at&t flips that switch you will likely lose mms even if it works when they do there sweeps. Ironically if all they have to do is renable it, why disable it if its working
    06-25-09 06:33 AM
    mms isnt a big deal just email the picture! it will look better anyway
    06-25-09 09:27 AM
    mms isnt a big deal just email the picture! it will look better anyway
    I didn't use MMS on any of my other phones so I don't miss it now. But I do need my wifi. So much for that when it comes to the crappy storm. Any storm user has no right to talk about not having MMS when they have a laggy OS, faulty hardware, no wifi and overall poor device. Who would trade all that for MMS?
    06-25-09 06:14 PM
    ill enjoy mms when it comes. i mean it sorta sucks right now because people try to send me dumb stuff and i cant get it and most people dont have email on their phones so i cant send them stuff either but thats what mobileme is for! the gallery is real nice
    06-25-09 08:40 PM
    it all sounds great but i dont get it first off what is gm seed and how do you install it? If anybody can tell me a detailed way to do it it will be alot easier for me sorry im not an expert but if you can help I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
    07-06-09 02:20 AM
    it all sounds great but i dont get it first off what is gm seed and how do you install it? If anybody can tell me a detailed way to do it it will be alot easier for me sorry im not an expert but if you can help I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
    If your using a 3GS it already has 3.0 installed. Just follow the directions after 1.
    07-06-09 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD