Apple and HTC lead charge as smartphone market looks set to grow and grow, regardless of how many people hate the champion you cannot deny the numbers.

07-15-10 10:26 AM
    Want me to post Dominos pizza's numbers compared to others? Their pizza is garbage and guess what, they're in the top 3 of all time.... So all these stupid articles about how many units they sold means jack.... Last time I checked, marketing sells products.
    07-15-10 10:32 AM
    Photoshop!!! Lol, jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 10:35 AM
    Want me to post Dominos pizza's numbers compared to others? Their pizza is garbage and guess what, they're in the top 3 of all time.... So all these stupid articles about how many units they sold means jack.... Last time I checked, marketing sells products.
    The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game is another good example, so many copies sold (because of previous success of Call of Duty 4) and it's a garbage game.
    07-15-10 10:39 AM
    And yet its you OPINION those things are garbage, one opinion out of millions. The masses speak for the averages
    07-15-10 10:46 AM
    You mean to tell me you guys are the authority on what's junk and what's not? Laughable to say the least, thousands and millions of people are wrong and you two are right. As The Ego's Turn.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 07-15-10 at 10:56 AM.
    07-15-10 10:52 AM
    I never denied the numbers. Just saying it proves nothing other than them selling tons of devices....
    07-15-10 11:03 AM
    Not quite, if it was JUST sales numbers then maybe. But the consumer satisfaction numbers show people ARE in fact happy with their product. Youre feelings whether you feel its crap or not are irrelevant to the masses who voted otherwise.
    07-15-10 11:05 AM
    You mean to tell me you guys are the authority on what's junk and what's not? Laughable to say the least, thousands and millions of people are wrong and you two are right. As The Ego's Turn.
    Thousands and millions could be true, but the survey was based on 4 thousand. Anyways, this article was already published in another thread.

07-15-10 11:07 AM
    I never denied the numbers. Just saying it proves nothing other than them selling tons of devices....
    These are not sales reports, and I believe for now, RIM still sells more units than Apple does, although their average selling price is like half that of an iPhone, like $300 to $600.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-15-10 at 11:14 AM.
    07-15-10 11:10 AM
    How dare you knock Dominos, I like their pizza......
    07-15-10 11:15 AM
    How dare you knock Dominos, I like their pizza......
    Of course, and it just goes to show that for every 1 person that hates something there's 10 that like it. If it was such a bad product no one would buy it no matter how much advertising is thrown at it
    07-15-10 11:27 AM
    Marketing helps, but there's a limit to how much marketing does. A month ago, I used to see tons of ads for Kin, and I don't think the huge marketing campaign helped it much.
    07-15-10 11:33 AM
    No but there's a correlation between a huge selling product, marketing and consumer satisfaction. A truly bad product, like the Kin, didnt sell millions the first week and have high consumer satisfaction rankings.
    07-15-10 11:39 AM
    This chart doesn't really mean anything ( stats are on 4k+ people). We all know how the loyal apple fans feel about there apple products. Just take a look at this section, they would defend there phone harder then they do there family.
    Bottom line is that apple is a very popular brand and is marketed by geniuses.
    Marketing sales.... I bet you apple could sale a "cell phone" that doesn't even make calls and it would sale 5million.... Wait they did LOL.... It's a joke guys relax .
    I had the 3G and 3GS and had a chance to play with the ip4 yesterday . Nothing really changed on all those devices. But apples marketing makes it seem like it's the something we never seen and the evolution of cell phones... And guess what..... Most of the people are buying into that. But that is definitely not the case.
    I will still get the Iphone4 and try it out for my self . But for me to say I am 100% satisfied with any device is just crazy... Even less when it comes to apple because they over hype there products.

07-15-10 11:49 AM
    The data is only for certain location and sector. So its not accurate.

07-15-10 11:51 AM
    The "its only 4000" works well when its pro-Apple, but when its anti-Apple (most recently saying Android marketshare was bigger with I think an even smaller sample size) the Apple bashers said oh its big enough.
    07-15-10 11:53 AM
    step off your high horse and take facts for the real deal just because your stuck on your blackberry doesnt mean a competitors phone isn't better I have a bold 9700 and its a joke compared to my iPhone
    07-15-10 11:56 AM
    The "its only 4000" works well when its pro-Apple, but when its anti-Apple (most recently saying Android marketshare was bigger with I think an even smaller sample size) the Apple bashers said oh its big enough.
    I agree because for some reason just because they have a product they like then it has to be the best and on a forum like this there will always be bashing. That's why in the other thread where this article is posted I responded "I could care less how much people like a certain device as long as I'm completely satisfies with what I have. " But I'm one that won't go knocking the next guy because he has something he loves either.

07-15-10 11:59 AM
    Domino's pizza is the best pizza of all time.
    07-15-10 12:42 PM
    +1 for mas3222, unless the success of the product you bought is needed to reaffirm your choice it really should not matter.
    07-15-10 01:01 PM
    Nothing really changed on all those devices.
    So ironic coming from a blackberry site..
    07-15-10 01:07 PM
    Here's another vote for Dominos Pizza.

They recently changed their recipe and its bangin.
    07-15-10 01:18 PM
    But would you change anything that had/has so much success for you? Also RIM never claimed that the 9700 was a revolutionary device. Apple claims that they have something ground braking and then offer you multi tasking ( if we could even call it that ). for me Apple and RIM are in a position that they can't change anything on there phone...maybe add some, remove some ect..... But to completely redesign the OS bad business move.

Not need to turn this into a blackberry VS Iphone thread .... i don't care enough about any of these companies to defend them

Now for the guy that insulted Dominos.... don't go there brother LOL (jk i hate dominos lol )

So ironic coming from a blackberry site..
    07-15-10 01:35 PM
    I don't think Apple (with Jobs) has ever been a company to just stand there and let the world pass them by (sorry RIM,Microsoft). Apple is and will always be changing especially now with Google in the mix.

I think ALL of us would agree that had it not been for the iPhone, NO company would be concentrating so much on the smartphone.
    07-15-10 01:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD