I have the new 5.0.0.230 on my Verizon Blackberry Tour. I am having a problem with the SMS application.

When I go to my address book and click on a contact, then click send SMS, the sms program comes up with my previous sms history, but there is no box at the bottom to type a new message. I scroll all the way down, and nothing is there, nothing at the top either.

This happens to contacts that I have never even sent a message to. If i click send SMS, it will open up with their Name at the top with (Mobile) to the right of the name, and their icon to the left and below that just a bunch of white space. I dont know where to type the message!

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks
    09-22-09 01:59 PM
    very weird. threaded SMS works perfectly for me. all i wish for would be the ability to change the colors
    09-22-09 02:00 PM
    I am having the same problem, but I had the same problems on .191 as well. I believe this is just a bug they haven't fixed yet. If you go to SMS on your phone and just do compose SMS. You can then select a contact and it works.

Dan
    09-22-09 02:06 PM
    I figured the Problem out.

When I go to contacts and see the list of contacts, I have to hover over the contact I want to SMS, and hit the blackberry Key and click send SMS.

If i hover over the contact, click on them with the trackball to see the contact details and then click again to open the menu to click send SMS, then this will result in the white screen with no box at the bottom to type. I guess that's a strange little bug?
    09-22-09 02:06 PM
    How long will it keep messages for? Indefinitely still?
    09-22-09 08:36 PM
    I had the same issue on 191
    09-22-09 08:58 PM
    How long will it keep messages for? Indefinitely still?
    you can choose how long to keep messages.

15 days
    30 days
    2 months
    3 months
    4 months
    5 months
    6 months
    Forever
    09-23-09 12:45 AM
    Might try a reinstall and see if that knocks the bug out.
    09-23-09 08:23 AM
    Anyone else having this problem? I've done multiple battery pulls and still having problems. When I go to someone's name and hit BB and "sms mobile" it will just take me to my sms history or sometimes my email history, but not to the screen to type a message. It's weird and it only does it about half the time.
    11-05-09 09:00 PM
    This is a known bug for the 5.0.0.230 at least.

My workaround for it (also on these forums somewhere) is as follows:

I type the contact in as normal, highlight the contact's phone number and choose "SMS Mobile", which then sends me to the message history. Then, I hit the back button to go back to the contact list. Then I re-hover (not a word, I know) on the contact's number again and choose "SMS Mobile". Then it goes to into the compose message view.

Hope that helps.
    11-05-09 11:45 PM
    I have the new 5.0.0.230 on my Verizon Blackberry Tour. I am having a problem with the SMS application.

When I go to my address book and click on a contact, then click send SMS, the sms program comes up with my previous sms history, but there is no box at the bottom to type a new message. I scroll all the way down, and nothing is there, nothing at the top either.

This happens to contacts that I have never even sent a message to. If i click send SMS, it will open up with their Name at the top with (Mobile) to the right of the name, and their icon to the left and below that just a bunch of white space. I dont know where to type the message!

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks
    same problem here... really getting annoying to clear the entire chat to start sms'ing again
    11-06-09 08:04 AM
    I experienced this bug on my girlfriends tour. What I did, was check her app memory free space, and file free space. Her phone had not been rebooted in a while. I removed unused apps, rebooted the phone, and the app mem went from 50ish to 100, and file free went up from 50 to 100 also.

This solved the problem for her phone. One of her installed apps had a massive memory leak, and not to mention she had a ton of messages on there that had not been deleted.

hope this helps.
    11-06-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD