Leaked OS 6.0.0.522 for the BlackBerry Style 9670 Fixes and Findings

Download 9670AllLang_v6.0.0.522_P4.4.0.434:

FileServe

*Disclaimer - Install at your own risk and always back up your data before loading! This is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by Research In Motion or your Wireless Carrier. BBH-Plus.net is not responsible for any loss of data or any other issues that may arise during the loading process.

Thanks BBH-Plus Forums & ALKi3

Become BBH+ VIP Today!
    Last edited by rroyy; 04-16-11 at 08:10 PM.
    lyricidal likes this.
    04-02-11 09:00 AM
    My first question is: does the new BBM6 work on it!?

OTA Here
    *This one does not have the bbapi files that bricked the previous installs
    Last edited by lyricidal; 04-02-11 at 09:49 AM.
    rroyy likes this.
    04-02-11 09:43 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide before the questions come...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    04-02-11 11:05 AM
    My first question is: does the new BBM6 work on it!?

OTA Here
    *This one does not have the bbapi files that bricked the previous installs
    Will this wrk on -500 numbered build? The bbapi files confirmed to work on 524 hybrid of scags and jendi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 11:45 AM
    Faster download - Update Your Blackberry.com - Download OS 6.0.0.522 9670
    Last edited by UYBB; 04-02-11 at 03:42 PM.
    04-02-11 02:59 PM
    So where is the changelog or fixes/findings? Come on, don't just post it in the title and not have any info
    04-03-11 02:49 AM
    So where is the changelog or fixes/findings? Come on, don't just post it in the title and not have any info
    RIM don't issue changelogs, especially for leaked OS builds!

Download and install it yourself, then post your findings and fixes here... that's how it works
    04-03-11 03:13 AM
    I loaded the leaked new OS on my Sprint BlackBerry Style 9670. I used UpdateYourBlackberry.com for the download and followed their tutorial on loading is, which is as follows:

Step 1 : Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager, if you don't you can download BlackBerry Desktop Manager latest version from our File section

Step 2 : You should also have the beta OS file you wish to install, you can download the latest beta OS in our OS Download Center.

Step 3 : When done downloading (or if already downloaded) Install the downloaded file on your PC.

Step 4 : (Some times file does not need to be deleted - All depends on user preference) Delete file vendor.xml from the path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (the path depends on where you have installed your BlackBerry Desktop Manager).

Step 5 : Use your USB cable and connect your BlackBerry device to your computer. The mass storage mode must be turned off during the OS update.

Step 6 : Run App Loader by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader - Your new OS should be detected automatically.

Step 7 : Follow the steps that will appear on your screen. Once completed your BlackBerry will reboot and please be patient as this reboot can take some time. (Could be 30 minutes or more) .

It works with only a few problem for me. The last device initialization during upgrade took about a half hour like usual, so don't freak out if it takes forever right at the end of upgrade. I have many Third-Party apps, App World apps, RIM-made apps, and RIM-made Beta Zone apps, and they almost all stayed consistent after upgrade. I suggest doing a hard-reboot once or twice after the upgrade because I noticed a few bugs like the alarm time didn't display on the Main Connections Window but then did after a few hours, and some icons, notably the Media icon, instead of saying Media, said its module name, like "net_rim_media" or whatever, and when i went into it, it gave an error and exited out. But after a few hours that went back to normal too.

One thing I didn't like was that the upgrade messed up where all my icons where, pretty much just spread everything out on the main Home Screen. That could be my fault because I had the Paper Theme theme applied during upgrade.

But the upgrade basically had 0 problems that didn't correct itself. I did lose my favorites/history on my browser.

About to test it with the leaked BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.
    04-03-11 08:17 PM
    Changes
    =======
    - Browser Options > Startup Page > default changed to Tumbnail View.
    - Boot up sticks/lags at the same part where the upgrade last initialization took so long. About 8/10th the way through the boot sticks for about 3-4 minutes every time i reboot.
    - Lost favorites and history of BB Browser.
    - Have Third-Party Apps, App World Apps, RIM-built Apps, RIM Beta Zone Apps, all came through the upgrade in-tact, but had to re-run the initial setup of each app.
    - Almost all icons pretty much got moved to the main Home Screen, but that could have been a conflict with the "Paper Theme" theme I had applied.
    - *** The alarm time wouldnt show up when alarm was turned On in the Main/Home Connections Page.
    - *** The "Media" icon on the Home Screen was labeled by a module name (i.e. net_app_example) and when I tried to Open it, it exited automatically with an error message.

Leaked OS (v6.0.0.522) w/ BlackBerry Desktop Software v6.0.1 B21
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    - When I plugged the device in, Windows 7 had to search for BlackBerry drivers.
    - Backing up device brought up same error twice, before and after device & computer reboots.

Message said:

All data was not backed up.
    Some data is not included in the backup file.

Details Included:

Data Type Entries
    ---------------------------------------
    Address Book - Last Used Hints 0/1

*** - Issue was resolved after a few hours and/or hard reboots.

Other then that, I have updated both my Style to the latest leak and Desktop Software to the latest 6.1 leak and they both are working great separately and together except for that one error while backing up, which I will look into.

Also here is the link to my post about my Desktop Software experience:
    forums.crackberry.com/f153/blackberry-desktop-software-6-1-a-600554/#post6189271
    04-04-11 12:01 AM
    Changes
    =======
    - Boot up sticks/lags at the same part where the upgrade last initialization took so long. About 8/10th the way through the boot sticks for about 3-4 minutes every time i reboot.
    - Have Third-Party Apps, App World Apps, RIM-built Apps, RIM Beta Zone Apps, all came through the upgrade in-tact, but had to re-run the initial setup of each app.
    - Almost all icons pretty much got moved to the main Home Screen, but that could have been a conflict with the "Paper Theme" theme I had applied.
    - *** The alarm time wouldnt show up when alarm was turned On in the Main/Home Connections Page.
    - *** The "Media" icon on the Home Screen was labeled by a module name (i.e. net_app_example) and when I tried to Open it, it exited automatically with an error message.

- Backing up device brought up same error twice, before and after device & computer reboots.

Message said:

Details Included:

Data Type Entries

Other then that, I have updated both my Style to the latest leak and Desktop Software to the latest 6.1 leak and they both are working great separately and together except for that one error while backing up, which I will look into.

forums.crackberry.com/f153/blackberry-desktop-software-6-1-a-600554/#post6189271
    Now this is what I call constructive feedback, good job.

04-04-11 11:51 AM
    Now this is what I call constructive feedback, good job.
    I must be missing something... all I read was a book on how not to upgrade my OS

04-04-11 12:30 PM
    Changes
    =======

Message said:

Details Included:

Data Type Entries

Thank You for your feedback. I was trying to figure out if i wanted to upgrade, as i am using Sprints official at the moment. But after reading your findings i dont see any real advantage to doing it right now.Thanks again...
    04-04-11 03:55 PM
    How does it compare to .436 or Sprints Official?

Thank You for your feedback. I was trying to figure out if i wanted to upgrade, as i am using Sprints official at the moment. But after reading your findings i dont see any real advantage to doing it right now.Thanks again...
    04-05-11 09:18 AM
    Please rehost, I want to try it out and none of the links are valid anymore.
    04-08-11 01:38 AM
    Update Your Blackberry.com - Download leaked OS for BlackBerry Style 9670

Please rehost, I want to try it out and none of the links are valid anymore.
    04-08-11 08:23 AM
    i too am running this leaked version and it seems pretty decent. one change that i have noticed is with the browser. usually with previous versions, i didnt have to zoom in on many pages. with this leak, i have to zoom in everytime i change a page. it also always tries to goto the full version of cb.com instead of the mobile version. even after making a bookmark of the mobile site. maybe its some settings i dont know about but its kind of annoying. battery life has been good but ive never had a problem with the battery b4.
    Last edited by bowhunt2005; 04-14-11 at 09:22 PM.
    04-14-11 08:11 PM
    I've been running this leak for about 2-3 weeks now. Installation went without a hitch. Operation is no worse in any way, and better in some.

The most obvious improvement is with the browser. My guess is an update to the webkit, it works better and faster. Pages load faster. Use to be that loading a page would hang for a bit about 3/4 of the way through loading, and then continue. There is still a bit of a hang, but not as long (i'm guessing that is where the webkit code is kicking in.) As a result there is better control of the auto zoom feature when you click on an area of a page (cursor becomes a magnifying glass with a "+" in it.) The zoom seems to work faster too.

The browser also has a new thumbnail feature for the favorites and history that is nice.

All in all i'm happy with this leak. It's a keeper, and definitely better than Sprint official version.
    04-22-11 09:28 AM
    Here is the official release from Sprint

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BB765225CE8C0E

A change I have seen (in official Sprint version) is now when your battery is fully charged, you see a plug on the battery icon. A page from iPhone? At first startup, after updating to the new OS, it, annoyingly, plays a promo video. Don't know what that is about. Will update if I find anything new.
    04-24-11 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD