After a few requests for this I decided to release it to the public. This is a hybrid I made based on the hybrids made by lyricidal, JustinAdams,
    xliderider, and mrweeeedbirdman.

This hybrid contains 4.5.186 as the base with 4.6.305 and 5.0.530 files.

I made this for myself and as such it has only been tested on my phone (8330m) so please use at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD: 8330mV1.1.1.rar

Installation:

1. Download and install the latest OS for your phone
    2. Unrar
    3. Copy the unrar'ed files to your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\83#0-v4.5.0.1##_P3.4.#.# folder (Where # is the actual OS you've installed)
    4. Allow it to overwrite all files in the process.
    5. Start up desktop manager and back up your phone.
    6. Do a low level wipe with BBSAK (recommended) or move onto the next step
    7. Use the application loader to load the new OS on your phone. the loader.exe should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

*NOTE: if you are running a 64bit OS all the folder locations are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to save space and remove phone options you don't use then download this ---> Shrink-A-OS.rar

Extract the program and move it to the blackberry OS folder for your phone.
    ex: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\83#0-v4.5.0.1##_P3.4.#.#

Note: Tick off the items you want removed and click "Shrink my OS"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For answers to common questions or a history of this project please visit these threads/posts as I will not have the time to answer every question but I will do my best.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/4-5...-users-287862/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/new...-users-313399/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/new...9/index45.html
    Last edited by SFL772; 03-10-10 at 04:40 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    12-27-09 04:53 PM
    thanks for posting...how is the battery life and speed with this hybrid?
    12-27-09 09:51 PM
    thanks for posting...how is the battery life and speed with this hybrid?
    The battery life seems average to me no problems there. For me it is quick and I have no interface lag plus all applications load promptly, though when I first loaded the OS my phone seemed laggier than previous hybrids and I was worried but after a day it straightened itself out and now I like it.
    12-27-09 10:22 PM
    Does this hybrid give Threaded SMS?
    12-27-09 11:04 PM
    SFL772, thanks for trying, but I lost my browser and messenger with your hybrid, I tried to re-register in the host routing table, but no luck in restoring the browser and messenger icons, although they did appear in the application list.

When you have a fix let us know, also, what have you updated in the new hybrid?

Otherwise it was very responsive and quick.
    12-28-09 02:51 AM
    Just a quick update; I reloaded the OS onto my phone trying to replicate your problem. I don't know why but the first time it worked fine this time it didn't so I am working on finding a fix.
    12-28-09 06:02 PM
    Thanks, I'll wait for the update, and thanks for showing some love for the 8330M, we have been abandoned by RIM.
    12-28-09 06:31 PM
    This is a good start for the 8330m hybrids. Thanks again in advance SFL772
    12-28-09 08:07 PM
    really is this it ? i have been hunting these filles down like no other i say the way the upgrades looked on my friends curve 8900 and was soooo like i really need to get this. spent two hours installing and reinstalling to find that the hybrid for just a 8330 is differant than the 8330m. great this sucks but here you are to the rescue cant wait till u update the problems look forward to see how it works thanks a million
    12-28-09 10:02 PM
    Thanks for the support and being patient guys, I have updated the first post with the new fixed files. I used the .182 release from the 8320 but it was unrepairable and I could not get it to work on my 8330m after the first success. I have opted instead to rollback all the .182 files to the previous .181 files from the 8320, odd thing is they work perfectly and were the files I was using for my personal hybrid before the .182 release.

Anyway I will try to update this hybrid periodically until we have an official 5.0 release. I am just going to skip the .182 release and move on to testing newer 4.6/5.0 files next.
    12-28-09 11:51 PM
    doing it now have now work tomorrow
    12-29-09 12:02 AM
    will this work with the .175?
    12-29-09 12:14 AM
    I noticed that BBM 5.0.0.57 isn't working
    12-29-09 03:05 PM
    Is it safe to try with a Mac?
    12-29-09 03:54 PM
    Any feedback on using this hybrid on a 8320?
    12-29-09 04:43 PM
    ok so far i have gotten a couple draw backs and some good stuff to report.
    yes it has improved the overall speed of my phone. it dose have less response time than it did. as far as the reception i cant really tell if its anybetter but it was awsome to start with.

once loaded it renders the desktop app loader unuseable (posting a pic). so if u never use your dektop app loader it will work out but i do so kinda sucks. if you do load this hybrid load as much as you can on first load because you will get this problem the next time u use app loader. i installed just the core file the first round. so would have to load everything ota like sprint nav and bbm 5.0 but if you load it right away u should be good. going to do a redo and install every thing again and see how it goes.

crap it wont let me upload the pic
    12-29-09 06:36 PM
    ok so far i have gotten a draw back and some good stuff to report.
    yes it has improved the overall speed of my phone. it dose have less response time than it did. as far as the reception i cant really tell if its anybetter but it was awsome to start with.

once loaded it renders the desktop app loader unuseable . so if u never use your dektop app loader it will work out but i do so kinda sucks. if you do load this hybrid load as much as you can on first load because you will get this problem the next time u use app loader. i installed just the core file the first round. so would have to load everything ota like sprint nav and bbm 5.0 but if you load it right away u should be good. going to do a redo and install every thing again and see how it goes.
    12-29-09 06:41 PM
    I'm getting ready to install this on my Alltel 8330m. I currently have the 8330mHybrid182305411(122709) hybrid installed over the Sprint 175 release. Thanks for the hard work!

On a side note, I installed Nathonix's v7 hybrid over the 5.0 leak on a friend's 8330 tonight. It's slick. I am anxious for that option on the 8330m. It is much faster and has the threaded messaging, etc., etc., It's just much more polished.
    12-29-09 10:41 PM
    @Joebnt - I don't use BBM so I didn't notice that, have you by chance tried any other BBM releases? I will try to sort it out and it should be a fairly simple fix.

@matt1219 - I Don't know what the process would be on a mac as I have never even touched one since elementary school.

@Guatiao = You need to download the latest OS for your phone then copy the files from this 8330mHybrid305415(121409).rar

@LesTaTCroSS - I replied ti your PM about the issue I use the desktop manager and app loader quite often and have not had any issues but I am willing to look into it.

@slanidracula - the .182 release from 12/27/09 is bugged you should download the new .rar.
    12-29-09 10:47 PM
    Noted. I am getting ready to wipe clean and follow your guidance exactly. Thanks for the quick reply.
    12-29-09 10:59 PM
    I noticed that this ran a little bit faster. I used Sprints OS .175. Is there a way you can include threaded sms in the hybrid too.
    12-30-09 12:36 AM
    I noticed that this ran a little bit faster. I used Sprints OS .175. Is there a way you can include threaded sms in the hybrid too.
    I installed the same way. It is very peppy so far. I am also curious as to the threaded sms possibility along with a 5.0 desktop and the better picture 'send to' options in this hybrid.
    12-30-09 12:47 AM
    I'm getting ready to install this on my Alltel 8330m. I currently have the 8330mHybrid182305411(122709) hybrid installed over the Sprint 175 release. Thanks for the hard work!

On a side note, I installed Nathonix's v7 hybrid over the 5.0 leak on a friend's 8330 tonight. It's slick. I am anxious for that option on the 8330m. It is much faster and has the threaded messaging, etc., etc., It's just much more polished.
    Actually, I have an 8330 with the v7 hybrid and my wife has an 8330m with this hybrid, and I'm jealous of her phone. Hers is faster than mine, especially loading data from websites. The only advantage mine had was threaded text messaging, which a $3 payment to empower took away.
    12-30-09 06:52 AM
    It's probably something I did, but I don't have the memory selection under options to see how much free memory I have on the phone. What could I have done to cause it?
    12-30-09 07:17 AM
    @ Josheph Mother

Did you look under Options > Status, File Free? I have never seen a Memory screen on my 8330m, just the File Free stat and the Media Card stats.
    12-30-09 08:16 AM
211 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD