Is it possible to Silence the Shutter on the Storm? That way someone won't hear the Shutter go off before the picture is taken.
    03-13-09 02:35 PM
    I have the same question I've been looking to shut it up but idk how?
    03-13-09 02:39 PM
    Is it possible to Silence the Shutter on the Storm? That way someone won't hear the Shutter go off before the picture is taken.
    call your voicmail and take a few "sneaky" pics while its running in the background.... you can usually get about three pics taken before voice mail times out
    03-13-09 02:40 PM
    LMAO I'm not trying to be creapy. I just want the sound off. So people don't think the picture has been taken when it has not.
    03-13-09 02:44 PM
    LMAO I'm not trying to be creapy. I just want the sound off. So people don't think the picture has been taken when it has not.
    Ah Haaa So yout that guy in the locker room at the Health Club!
    03-13-09 02:52 PM
    No it's not possible with BlackBerries, it will always be on. I believe it has something to do with some privacy laws.
    03-13-09 03:01 PM
    No, you cannot. There are software out there that can turn off the sound like BerryAnnoying, but it is for GSM BlackBerry phones only and NOT for CDMA phones (like the Storm).

it is irrelevant to me because I rather use my 10 megapixel Canon PowerShot to take pictures anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by substring; 03-13-09 at 03:10 PM.
    03-13-09 03:08 PM
    No it's not possible with BlackBerries, it will always be on. I believe it has something to do with some privacy laws.
    not privacy laws, more like corporate users' bosses requesting that this be a feature. a lot of companies don't allow cameras. boeing for one is a huge blackberry user, and with the competitive nature of what they manufacture, they don't allow cameras. part of the new BES update is so that they can disable cameras on devices that have them, sort of like a service book or security certificate, idk how but thats what kevin's blog stated. there are no privacy laws that say your camera can't be quiet. its just a blackberry thing, sort of like EMS.
    03-13-09 03:11 PM
    maybe civic or one of those genius could chime in here but if you could find the acual default shutter noise in the OS and replace it with a silent file wouldnt that work?
    03-13-09 03:14 PM
    There aren't any privacy laws about this YET, but they are looking to pass laws making some kind of shutter sound mandatory to prevent some creepy perv taking candid photos of women. There are some times I can think of where you would want the shutter sound silenced, but somehow I suspect the fear mongering over "upskirt" and on the toilet type photos will win out.
    03-13-09 03:16 PM
    Oh ok, yeah the whole privacy laws thing is just something I heard a while back. Don't really know much about it though.
    03-13-09 03:31 PM
    not privacy laws, more like corporate users' bosses requesting that this be a feature. a lot of companies don't allow cameras. boeing for one is a huge blackberry user, and with the competitive nature of what they manufacture, they don't allow cameras. part of the new BES update is so that they can disable cameras on devices that have them, sort of like a service book or security certificate, idk how but thats what kevin's blog stated. there are no privacy laws that say your camera can't be quiet. its just a blackberry thing, sort of like EMS.
    What you just described is called....are you ready for this...privacy lol

03-13-09 03:53 PM
    Oh ok, yeah the whole privacy laws thing is just something I heard a while back. Don't really know much about it though.
    If the picture used for your avatar is actually you, then you would likely be a prime target for "upskirt" type photos, so it might be in your best interest to learn a little more.
    03-13-09 03:56 PM
    WHy must everything that's fun be made illegal?
    03-13-09 09:28 PM
    there are no privacy laws that say your camera can't be quiet. its just a blackberry thing, sort of like EMS.
    Yes, there are camera click privacy laws, only they're in effect in Japan and South Korea. A quick google search reveals that in the US, "Camera Phone Predator Alert Act" was introduced in Congress by Peter King (R, NY). Most people think it won't pass in it's current form.
    03-13-09 09:44 PM
    call your voicmail and take a few "sneaky" pics while its running in the background.... you can usually get about three pics taken before voice mail times out
    Sneaky pics are always trouble.
    03-13-09 09:48 PM
    dude, you couldn't come up with a better excuse?? It would have been less creepy if you said you wanted to cheat on an exam or something!
    03-13-09 09:50 PM
    WHy must everything that's fun be made illegal?
    Fun for whom? The person taking the picture? Or the object of the picture?
    03-13-09 09:51 PM
    Great question.
    03-13-09 09:58 PM
    I highly doubt predators think about whether their victims are having fun.

They usually just complain that they are the victims of society, and someone made their "fun" illegal.
    03-13-09 10:00 PM
    I highly doubt predators think about whether their victims are having fun.

They usually just complain that they are the victims of society, and someone made their "fun" illegal.
    Excellent point sir.
    03-13-09 10:01 PM
    dude, i don't think i've ever gotten a compliment before from you. I almost feel like a CB Oldtimer now or something, like, i made it!
    03-13-09 10:07 PM
    I was being sarcastic, bad joke I realize now.

03-15-09 01:12 PM
    dude, i don't think i've ever gotten a compliment before from you. I almost feel like a CB Oldtimer now or something, like, i made it!
    Ha, do not like it good to your head. It may be the last one.
    03-15-09 01:13 PM
    I was being sarcastic, bad joke I realize now.

No one caught it. I, for one, did not. I hate when I miss stuff.
    03-15-09 01:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD