10-01-08 06:15 AM
    10-01-08 06:42 AM
    New images of the BlackBerry Storm - animated 360� shots so you can see the phone from all angles!
    Sweet.

I really hope that today's "Wednesday release" from Red has more than a couple of pictures. Is date and price too much to ask for?
    10-01-08 06:52 AM
    You guys notice the "Qualcomm 3G CDMA" on the back, below the battery door, of the Vodafone 9500?
    10-01-08 06:57 AM
    The pearl 8130 says the same thing on the back

Qualcomm 3G CDMA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 07:04 AM

Qualcomm 3G CDMA

Yes, but the 9500 model is not supposed to have CDMA.

EDIT: The 9530 is the model with CDMA
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-01-08 at 07:14 AM.
    10-01-08 07:09 AM

Qualcomm 3G CDMA

So does the 8830 WE.

10-01-08 07:12 AM
    Oh. Well isn't the storm the 9530 and the thunder is the 9500?

So therefore since its vodaphone it would be cdma and the 9530.

Right?

10-01-08 07:17 AM
    So does the 8830 WE.

All Verizon Blackberries have that on the back.

The 9530 is the Storm model Verizon is supposed to get.

The spec sheet for the 9500 (the one for Vodafone) shows it does not have CDMA.

EDIT: Both versions are the Storm
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-01-08 at 07:20 AM.
    10-01-08 07:18 AM
    Ah my apologies

10-01-08 07:21 AM
    I hope we get something good today. While these are nice, I'd like some actual info.

10-01-08 07:54 AM
    I hope we get something good today. While these are nice, I'd like some actual info.

I second that, but I'm not holding my breath. If they follow the same pattern as the last two weeks announcements, be prepared for another let down.
    10-01-08 08:28 AM
    "Now let's focus on the headphone jack!"
    10-01-08 08:41 AM
    Anyone notice the difference in the screen size in these versus the ones that we have seen on the Verizon PP's?
    10-01-08 09:14 AM
    Anyone notice the difference in the screen size in these versus the ones that we have seen on the Verizon PP's?
    Screen looks larger to me in these pics than others I've seen. It continues all the way down to the buttons. The phone posted on the Verizon site, for example, has a strip of black pastic above the buttons and below the screen.
    10-01-08 09:22 AM
    The screen is blank. There's no way for you tell where it begins and where it end. Rather, no way to tell where the display portion begins/ends rather then the actual screen itself. Even previous pics were the same way, the black portion above the keys you mention is still part of the screen, but may not be part of the display.

Also, BigV, I get completely what you're trying to say. I don't think these other guys do. It's weird that it says that because the 9500 most definatly doesn't have CDMA in it. It's basically a Bold under the hood. Strange...
    10-01-08 09:40 AM
    The screen is blank. There's no way for you tell where it begins and where it end. Rather, no way to tell where the display portion begins/ends rather then the actual screen itself. Even previous pics were the same way, the black portion above the keys you mention is still part of the screen, but may not be part of the display.

Also, BigV, I get completely what you're trying to say. I don't think these other guys do. It's weird that it says that because the 9500 most definatly doesn't have CDMA in it. It's basically a Bold under the hood. Strange...
    Which tells you what about the "pictures"???
    10-01-08 09:44 AM
    That they are a lovely photoshop.
    10-01-08 09:45 AM
    Nothing too much really. Simply stating that without seeing the screen in a clear video or in person and in both portrait and landscape, it's hard to tell if the outline of the screen is part of the interface or simply a mask. It's like looking at a black Curve or 8800 series with the screen off. You can't really tell where the edge-to-edge limits are for the screen.
    10-01-08 09:49 AM
    Also, if you look at the Green/Red Call buttons you'll notice that on one orientation they are very poorly colored in, and in the orientation they are dim.

I mean really I can't blame the guy for trying to drive traffic to his site...but BigV posted them here and kind of stalled that effort.
    10-01-08 09:56 AM
    Also, if you look at the Green/Red Call buttons you'll notice that on one orientation they are very poorly colored in, and in the orientation they are dim.

I mean really I can't blame the guy for trying to drive traffic to his site...but BigV posted them here and kind of stalled that effort.

the landscape version looks to be in color, the horizontal seems black and white...
    10-01-08 11:16 AM
    Nothing too much really. Simply stating that without seeing the screen in a clear video or in person and in both portrait and landscape, it's hard to tell if the outline of the screen is part of the interface or simply a mask. It's like looking at a black Curve or 8800 series with the screen off. You can't really tell where the edge-to-edge limits are for the screen.
    I understand what you're saying. Phikai picked up on what I was trying to convey.

That they are a lovely photoshop.
    10-01-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD