Just wondering how many Crackberrians really do love their Storm and if you care to elaborate, why.
    03-09-09 01:28 AM
    Just wondering how many Crackberrians really do love their Storm and if you care to elaborate, why.
    So far after 3 days with it I will say yes I do love my storm. It works as it should. Coming from a different blackberry and knowing how to make the blackberry work for me is probably the thing that makes this phone so easy for me. I can say I have not had any problems with mine like what everyone else seems to be describing. My unit was made in Canada. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    03-09-09 01:38 AM
    a few OS upgrades here & there. a couple themes & apps later. one or two quick fixes. i love it. it's a new toy to tinker with. first bb. first smartphone.
    03-09-09 02:38 AM
    On the moment I don't love my Storm. As a matter of fact, I'm using my iPhone (1st gen) again. I tried some beta leaks, but none of them where good enough in my opinion. The most recent stable release (.78 for Vodafone) is decent but way too slow...

Until a new stable release it's iPhone-time for me... sad enough though...
    03-09-09 02:41 AM
    So far after 3 days with it I will say yes I do love my storm. It works as it should. Coming from a different blackberry and knowing how to make the blackberry work for me is probably the thing that makes this phone so easy for me. I can say I have not had any problems with mine like what everyone else seems to be describing. My unit was made in Canada. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    Same here. I have mine about 6 days now and really have no issues. Mine is also a Canada made unit. I don't find the internet all that slow either. I'm with Verizon, I would imagine speed varies with carriers. I'm going to stay with the factory installed operating system until an official upgrade is released. Everything is running to good to risk it IMO.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-09-09 at 02:50 AM.
    03-09-09 02:48 AM
    I think it depends on the type of person you are... (smart) people who dont mind going through the trouble of exploring their BB and figuring out how to use it and optimize their experience seem to love this phone. Count me among them.

People who are looking for convenience and don't have time to deal with figuring out how to get the most out of their BB seem to hate it.
    03-09-09 02:55 AM
    I think it depends on the type of person you are... (smart) people who dont mind going through the trouble of exploring their BB and figuring out how to use it and optimize their experience seem to love this phone. Count me among them.

People who are looking for convenience and don't have time to deal with figuring out how to get the most out of their BB seem to hate it.
    So, I take it the later people are the (dumb) people.
    03-09-09 03:08 AM
    So, I take it the later people are the (dumb) people.
    That was my implication, yes

I figured I was safe because those are the sort of people who dont dig around in crackberry threads...
    03-09-09 03:16 AM
    It took me a while to get used to it and to finally get everything working but im Lovin' it
    03-09-09 03:21 AM
    I bought my storm a few weeks ago just to unlock it and make a buck, I have not been able to put it down long enough to part ways with it yet. Got a brand new touch pro and diamond collecting dust now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 05:23 AM
    I am running .103 and this thing is awesome! I love my Storm more and more everyday. I was getting depressed running the original os, and was ready to dump it. I took the plunge and put the beta os on, and my Storm is really amazing. I keep putting apps on to try and some really show what this is capable of.
    03-09-09 05:33 AM
    I like my Storm (love would mean everything works as it should) and I'm hoping for good things down the road - We shall see
    03-09-09 05:40 AM
    It has taken a while to "warm up" to my Storm. Though the recent OS release (.109) has made me love it a little more. I think once I start trying out some of the themes with the today plus it might move our relationship to the next level. But we are taking it slow....
    03-09-09 05:43 AM
    Mine was made in Mexico. I realllllllly love my storm, I wish I could get my pin released .
    03-09-09 05:45 AM
    i love my storm. at first i thought that keyboard was going to be a big problem, since i was coming from the env. but it's not. the touch screen is so much fun. and the apps you find on here make it so much better. i can't wait for 'app world' haha. whatever it's called. it has it's rough spots. but then again what phone doesn't just dont download to much apps that you dont use. otherwise it's just a waste of space and you wont have room for the appworld apps.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    03-09-09 05:58 AM
    I have had my storm for a couple weeks. Came from an I-phone and have to say I like the storm better. Keep in mind im not a power user. I enjoy texting and feel the storms typing is easier than the i-phones. Only problem I have is Im a Mac user.
    03-09-09 07:28 AM
    I love the storm, although the speed could be a little bit faster i dont mind waiting up on it. Its design is cool, and it does turn heads when im using it. Internet browsing is awesome andreally speedy( I dont have opera mini) but the BB browser, rocks. All in all, good phone, great apps, and alot of support for it! Although verizon sucks(shoddy cust. service)
    03-09-09 07:42 AM
    Love it? No. Find it an improvement over my HTC S621? Yes. When Verizon purchased our local SP we had a choice of AT&T or VZ. I had more confidence in the upcoming service changes so opted to go with the latter. The Storm had just come out so I figured, what to heck. I like it and am confident enough improvements will come along that it will continue to outperform my last phone. Will something come along that I'll like better? I would count on it but won't love it. I'll save that for my family...
    03-09-09 07:46 AM
    LOVE the Storm!!!
    03-09-09 07:51 AM
    Still running .75 and waiting for the official release. Loving would be a little strong but I like it a lot. I switched from a Treo 700p and haven't looked back.
    03-09-09 08:01 AM
    yes i love my storm more than my gf..... had a few problems with the OS but every th Thing is great now.... LLLOOOVVVEEE IIITTT
    Last edited by rbaird91; 03-09-09 at 08:10 AM. Reason: ..
    03-09-09 08:09 AM
    I do because I can do what ever I want to do on it and it is with a reliable service verizon.
    03-09-09 08:42 AM
    yes i love my storm more than my gf..... had a few problems with the OS but every th Thing is great now.... LLLOOOVVVEEE IIITTT
    What OS is your girlfriend running???

I had mine since Day-1. I gotta say that I did not think I'd like this phone as much as I do. I had a couple Pocket-PC's in the past and this is SO much handier.
    03-09-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD