MOD: Please sticky this in the How-To Section. Thank you

This is how to fix this issue for Verizon Customers. If you are not a Verizon wireless customer, you need to figure out your MSI password. This will be in the place of the six zeros in step 2. If you are a Verizon wireless customer, this should work below.

1. Turn off your wireless and bluetooth radios through the Manage Connections Icon.
    2. Hit the green phone button on your phone and dial ##000000
    3. Hit send (green phone button) and it should bring up a diagnostics screen.
    4. The first two lines (Mobile Directory Number and IMSI_S) should have your phone number. Change both of these entries to 0000001234. Do not change anything else!
    5. Click the blackberry button and hit save.
    6. Your phone will now restart.
    7. When it comes back, reactivate your wireless antenna through the Manage Connections Icon.
    8. Dial *228 and select option 1
    9. After your phone successfully activates, you should be receiving data again.

If you do not receive data continue to these steps.
    Dial ##000000 and click send again. Then go down to SIP Password and type vzw
    You should then go to the blackberry button and click save. The phone will restart again. This time when it comes back you should have data. If not go into settings, advanced settings, host routing table, click the blackberry button and click register.

You might also need to send your service books again by going to the VZW BIS site.

This should solve all of your problems!
    Last edited by SnowBrdPaint; 02-02-09 at 02:08 PM.
    02-02-09 02:05 PM
    should i do this if it happens once and a batt pull fixes it? or only if a batt pull doesnt fix it?

as in, will it keep doing this until i do this?
    02-02-09 08:54 PM
    I had this problem the first day after loading 99. Today though I had data all day. Anyone know what causes this to happen?
    02-02-09 09:06 PM
    Under my signal bar it says 1xev..

Is that the best? Is that the verizon equivalent of 3G?
    02-02-09 09:10 PM
    1XEV is 3G...

And yes, 1XEV is different than 1xev on the VZW network.

A little something to read...I'm a nerd.

Evolution-Data Optimized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and...

3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    02-02-09 09:17 PM
    Is this a fix for the most recent data outages or for something else? I tried to do this but couldn't dial the #000000 number with my connections off...when I click the green button, it brings up a dialog box asking me to open my connections
    02-02-09 09:20 PM
    Excellent guide. Any tips for us up on Canada? Or does anyone have any info for Telus?
    02-03-09 05:24 AM
    My signal is usually 1XEV with sprint. But every now and then, it will show up as 1X. Why does it do this? Also, why does a battery pull seem to reset it back to 1XEV?
    02-03-09 11:47 AM
    Hey thanks so much. I registered just to say this...
    I have spent three days on the phone with tech to try to resolve this issue...and well...they did not resolve it.

Thanks a bunch and you rock
    05-02-09 10:33 AM
    What do you do for Tmobile? What is an MSI password? I have an unlocked Storm...My browser works but when I try and use Pandora or Youmail it says "please ensure you have sufficient network coverage" I have a BB data plan because I had a curve before this...How do I get this to work?
    05-02-09 11:18 AM
    Any help for the guys with telus?
    07-29-09 06:10 AM
    i went into the diagnostics screen as you described, and my phone number only came up on the first entry, mobile directory number. the second entry, imsi_s, has a totally different number listed. could this be a problem?
    07-29-09 07:59 AM
    Would this guide work for Storm2? I've been having the issue (my other thread) of my 3G connection dropping down to 1X frequently, but before I try wiping the phone I'd like to exhaust all other possibilities.
    06-17-10 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD