This was just posted at the Google Mobile Help forum to a question I posted:

Thom (Google Employee) says this answers the question:
    Hi all,

The BlackBerry Storm uses a highly-customized GUI, which prevents Google Maps for mobile from being viewed in landscape mode. We're still working to integrate the app with this device, and we haven't yet put out a new release since the Storm has launched. I reallize you're all eager to use your internal GPS with Google Maps for mobile - and we're working to get an update soon. I can't give you a timeline as of today, but I'll update this group when I can give a more accurate picture.

Best,
    Tom

Link here: Google Maps GPS on BlackBerry Storm - Google Mobile Help
    11-26-08 03:59 PM
    Mine works in landscape
    11-26-08 04:02 PM
    It might take more than usual since I just read an article that google was letting go of a lot of employees

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 04:06 PM
    Mine works in landscape
    Mine does to. But Gmaps can pinpoint my exact location while it does get near, it still sits about a mile of course from where I am.
    11-26-08 04:07 PM
    Yea, landscape works for me also but gps is disabled or something. It is using the cell towers on mine cause the location is not very accurate.
    11-26-08 04:10 PM
    It might take more than usual since I just read an article that google was letting go of a lot of employees

It's actually funny how they worded it... they weren't technically 'employees'

Anyway, I hope it comes out soon! You can subscribe to the RSS feed on the forum so you can get notified when Thom responds
    11-26-08 04:19 PM
    It's actually funny how they worded it... they weren't technically 'employees'

Anyway, I hope it comes out soon! You can subscribe to the RSS feed on the forum so you can get notified when Thom responds
    Yupp exactly

11-26-08 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD