Maybe this has already been discussed, but I can't find it. Does anybody know how to clear the event log in 5.0 software? The option to show the keyboard on the homescreen has disappeared after I upgraded to 5.0. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 01:23 PM
    The easiest way is to search for a forum named FANCY LOG.

I attempted to copy the link in this reply, but do not have enough posts on this site to do so.

The application will bring up your event log so you can delete it to free up memory.

hope this helps.
    11-03-09 01:38 PM
    Well here's whatcha do...

1. Options --> Screen/Keyboard
    ...Change Portrait View Keyboard to Full Keyboard
    ...Change Left Side Convenience Key Opens to Virtual Keyboard
    ...Press Escape key...click on Save...go back to homescreen

2. Press the left side convenience key, and the keyboard pops up. You MUST be on the homescreen, not the screen that appears when you press the BlackBerry key.

3. Make the log appear by pressing and holding the !?123 key until a lock appears on it, then pressing the " and / keys alternately till the event log appears.

4. Press the BlackBerry button, click Clear Log, confirm action...done.
    11-03-09 01:39 PM
    That would be it. There's an alternative method, though:

Instead of changing the Portrait View Keyboard to Full Keyboard, leave it set to SureType. Then, instead of pressing the " and / keys, press ,5,5.
    11-03-09 02:29 PM
    Oh wow, thanks. I will check out both of those options! I really don't use voice dialing, so that would probably work for me. Thanks for the tips!
    11-03-09 02:30 PM
    Fancylog is pretty great. Why did I not know about this! I used to click Show Keyboard, rotate the storm sideways for portrait, and then try to remember which keys were LGLG when I had the alt lock on. Fancy log is much easier! Thanks!
    11-03-09 02:40 PM

Instead of changing the Portrait View Keyboard to Full Keyboard, leave it set to SureType. Then, instead of pressing the " and / keys, press ,5,5.
    Very good...thanks! I prefer the SureType keyboard in portrait mode so this will help a lot.
    11-04-09 11:25 AM
    Well here's whatcha do...

1. Options --> Screen/Keyboard
    ...Change Portrait View Keyboard to Full Keyboard
    ...Change Left Side Convenience Key Opens to Virtual Keyboard
    ...Press Escape key...click on Save...go back to homescreen

2. Press the left side convenience key, and the keyboard pops up. You MUST be on the homescreen, not the screen that appears when you press the BlackBerry key.

3. Make the log appear by pressing and holding the !?123 key until a lock appears on it, then pressing the " and / keys alternately till the event log appears.

4. Press the BlackBerry button, click Clear Log, confirm action...done.
    you don't have to go through all these steps.... here is a quicker method

1. get the app called quicklaunch..which most of us have already... open it up
    2. press bb button>click on add item
    3. click application>under choose app click on event log...
    once you add that to you ql menu then you just click on it and it opens the log then your just click bb button and choose clear log

setting it up takes a few minutes but after the first time. its just a matter of 3 or 4 buttons
    11-04-09 12:21 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the event log so we dont have to go through this and is there any down fall to this
    11-05-09 07:24 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the event log so we dont have to go through this and is there any down fall to this
    yes actually. you have to get to the event log first though. Then hit the BB key and go to options and then highlight the first item and hit the BB key and then click hide all types and nothing will show up in the event log
    11-05-09 07:30 PM
    yes actually. you have to get to the event log first though. Then hit the BB key and go to options and then highlight the first item and hit the BB key and then click hide all types and nothing will show up in the event log
    hiding the entries just make them not visible, but they are still there. If you go and unhide them, you will see past entries, from before you unhid them. clear log, hide all, exit, run the browser, hit a few sites, back into event log, show all, you'll see the browser activity.

You can set the min log level to warning, that way only more serious items get written to the event log. Default seems to be information, results in a lot of entries. I haven't tried debug, I imagine it would make for a lot more than info.
    11-09-09 10:53 AM
    Thanks!.......thats been buging me for a while.
    04-08-10 10:21 PM

This method worked on my Storm running on 5.0 so thank you, Prius04, for bringing that other alternative into this forum!
    04-20-10 01:34 PM
    can someone help me please.......... i have a blackberry storm 9530, i kno the procedures to deletin the event log but when i click menu...i dont get the 'show keyboard' option. can someone help me plz ..................and another thing too my application memory is constantly sayin the free space is zero, but sometimes its not....and its always askin to me delete stuff and dats wen it freezes up
    10-25-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD