ok, first and foremost, I'm not some perverted creeper, lol, but I was wondering, why is there no option to turn off the camera shutter sound? I think I read a long time ago that Japan passed a law that all camera phones had to force a sound when taking a picture, where I assume the perverted problem must be greater? Has the U.S. passed similiar laws?

now I feel dirty even asking the question, lol
    07-12-09 09:48 AM
    Not sure if it works with the Storm (never tried), but you can check out the app BerryAnnoying. Another workaround is to cut the plugin off a pair of cheap headphones and plug it in to the headphone jack. It will mute the shutter sound. You can also call voicemail, exit out while continuing the call, and use the camera from there, no shutter sound will go off.
    07-12-09 09:55 AM
    Lol i remember asking a RIM rep that question they just told me it was designed that way and there is no option to turn it off. Me personally wanted an option where you can either turn it off or on and change camera shutter sound to.
    07-12-09 09:55 AM
    there is no option to do so. it is a law in the U.S. there is an app out there by fabien to turn the sound on or off.
    07-12-09 10:21 AM
    from what I have heard.. and noticed... for north american made bb, there must be a shutter sound. (I'm sure there is a way around it.. cz the people here are geniuses), but it is due to a law that camera must have sound.

for phones that you buy in Europe or Asia, there is an option to turn shutter sound off
    07-12-09 12:56 PM
    o darn, i missed my chance pahahaha
    Believe it or not... those threads where on the first 2 pages of my search and I skipped a bunch...
    07-12-09 11:00 PM
    You can always just take video then use capture it to take out the pic you want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by davefromohio; 07-12-09 at 11:55 PM.
    07-12-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD