Hi,

My girlfriend has a Pearl Flip 8230, and I tried to install my Storm's CODs on her Pearl Flip so she can use BBM 5 with all the new features. She doesn't have a data plan, but still want to upgrade her BBM5 leaked to the new BBM5 Final. I was able to put all my CODs on her phone, but the BBM icon doesn't show up on her Home Screen. I spent 3 hours trying to figure this one out, and I'm pretty sure the CODs for BBM 5.0.0.33 are Device Specific.

All I need is someone's CODs from his Pearl Flip. Provide me with a link if possible, or we can just send them by e-mail.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    10-09-09 10:57 AM
    Somebody help this guy..... NOW!

10-09-09 11:42 AM
    HI Again,

I would just like to know if the CODs are Device Specific, or if it's just either a Storm version (for touch screen commands) and another General version for all Blackberry Devices with Keyboard.

Thanks
    10-10-09 10:20 PM
    Try this and see if it works.

If your Flip has Wifi you can install that way as well....

I install via www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    10-11-09 12:13 AM
    Try this and see if it works.

If your Flip has Wifi you can install that way as well....

I install via www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    There is no WiFi option on this phone, it's the CDMA version of the Pearl Flip (8230).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 08:20 AM
    I've attached the COD files in my previous post.
    10-11-09 08:21 AM
    Oops, sorry I didn't see it. I was looking at this thread using my Storm and I doesn't show the attachements.

Thanks a lot Peppe !!

Viva la CrackBerry Community !!!!!
    10-11-09 08:32 AM
    So I was able to install the CODs on the Pearl Flip, but I received the same results : the BBM icon doesn't show up on the Home Screen and in the App Switcher.

I guess the only way to install it is by using an OTA installation..unless someone has a better solution ?
    10-11-09 10:16 AM
    just select the BBM and move it to top position from the menu items. you should be able to see it in home screen.
    10-12-09 02:15 AM
    try this if it doesn't solve the problem...

go to settings > advanced settings > applications and look for blackberry messenger entries. delete old one if you find more that one entry and restart the phone.
    10-12-09 12:01 PM
    I don't have the phone with me right now, but I'm pretty sure there was only one entry since I deleted the 4.6 version before installing 5.0.0.33.

I'll check again tonight, but I think my girlfriend wants to keep 5.0.0.8 Leaked version, ahah !
    10-13-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD