Im new to the whole BB scene. I personally use an iphone. My cousin gave me her bb8220 flip with the issue that it wont load the OS. I figured it would probably be a pretty easy fix. Reload the OS or flash the firmware and keep on going. So i did some reading, got blackberry desktop manager, as well as the latest rogers and the latest bb OS for the 8220. I deleted the vendor file, then proceeded trying to use bbdm to reload the OS. That didnt work. So i tried the loader.exe file. that wont work (fails at the end). so i tried loading it by command line with /nojvm at the end, fails at the end still. Im running out of options...i also tried jl_cmnder with the wipe command...that didnt work either.. anyone have any idea's? I keep getting error 507 and 561

::EDIT::

this is the error i get when trying to load the os

Code:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]
    Last edited by leeforget; 11-22-09 at 12:10 AM.
    11-21-09 11:51 PM
    Im new to the whole BB scene. I personally use an iphone. My cousin gave me her bb8220 flip with the issue that it wont load the OS. I figured it would probably be a pretty easy fix. Reload the OS or flash the firmware and keep on going. So i did some reading, got blackberry desktop manager, as well as the latest rogers and the latest bb OS for the 8220. I deleted the vendor file, then proceeded trying to use bbdm to reload the OS. That didnt work. So i tried the loader.exe file. that wont work (fails at the end). so i tried loading it by command line with /nojvm at the end, fails at the end still. Im running out of options...i also tried jl_cmnder with the wipe command...that didnt work either.. anyone have any idea's? I keep getting error 507 and 561

Code:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Was your cousin originally on Rogers before the phone was given to you? If so, then you don't need to delete the vendor.xml file as long as you're flashing a Rogers OS to the phone.

Try wiping the phone with JL Cmder again and flash (download) the OS onto the phone using AppLoader (From PC: Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> AppLoader -> Loader). This method should safely install the OS to your phone without needing to use the Desktop Manager.

PS: The Desktop Manager won't recognize your phone once a complete wipe has been done. That's why I gave you the alternative of using AppLoader.
    11-22-09 03:43 PM

Code:

Just want to make sure you know about the 3 tutorials that cover just about everything....

How To Downgrade Your BlackBerry's Operating System | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Good luck!
    11-22-09 03:51 PM
    Was your cousin originally on Rogers before the phone was given to you? If so, then you don't need to delete the vendor.xml file as long as you're flashing a Rogers OS to the phone.

Try wiping the phone with JL Cmder again and flash (download) the OS onto the phone using AppLoader (From PC: Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> AppLoader -> Loader). This method should safely install the OS to your phone without needing to use the Desktop Manager.

PS: The Desktop Manager won't recognize your phone once a complete wipe has been done. That's why I gave you the alternative of using AppLoader.
    Yes she was originally on Rogers as well. I tried with the vendor.xml file then i tried again without it just to be safe. Either way, it didnt work.

I tried wiping it with jl cmder once again and used loader.exe with and without the /nojvm arguments and again it gives the same error when loading the software at the end. I haven't been using desktop manager at all, even when i tried, it will recognize the phone, but when it tries to verify the password, it says its incorrect (im leaving it blank). I've even tried installing a virtual machine on my computer with vista since im using windows 7 and in some of the tutorials it says the arguments when using loader.exe doesnt work. It STILL didnt work.

Thanks though.

Just want to make sure you know about the 3 tutorials that cover just about everything....

Good luck!
    Ive read over all those tutorials and its where i found the information i've starter with. I found them while doing some searching Thanks though.

Im starting to think my only last option is to get another battery for this phone (the moisture indicator strip is red, but, its been like that for about 6 months, so it has nothing to do with the OS issue) and bringing it to rogers to get them to send it out for repair. Im probably going to try playing around with it a bit more, but i dont think that it'll fix it. Any more suggestions?
    11-22-09 09:12 PM
    after spending the last 7 hours (yes 7 hours) ive finally got all of the .cod files loaded manually using javaloader.exe....one....by...one....luckily i made a .bat file to help me do it quicker...but it was still a pain in the ***. Anyways. the hour glass takes awhile now (im guessing its loading all the files) but then it still goes to the 507 error. Im guessing its because i dont have the ilx files loaded...but i cant use bbsaf or javaloader to do that. Is there another program or another way i can load those files? I would try using loader.exe and do a full refresh, but i fear that would ruin all the work i just did and i would kill myself.
    11-23-09 06:19 AM
    Hey Can you PLEASE make a tutorial im stuck with the same problem
    03-22-10 09:17 PM
    leeforget-

I have a 8220 flip w tmobile having the same issues. i did all the same stuff you did...jl cmdr to wipe and then used the "c:\\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe"/nojvm also and it failed to load the last few .cod files and then gave me the same error message.

I called tmobile and the are sending me another phone. However, I am freaking determined to get this os up and running. what did you finally do that worked?

please share...

Gretchen :-)
    03-14-11 07:36 PM
    Yall try BBSaK?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 06:37 AM
    Are you doing this on a laptop? If so make sure that your usb ports power options are set to never for everything.
    03-15-11 06:42 AM
    I have the exact same situation at leeforget. I have done all of the same steps (except manually loading each .cod file as he did but even that didn't work for him).

I have a 9700 Bold via Telus that is unlocked. However I am stuck at the Error 507 Screen and I have tried JL-Cmder, Loader.exe (regular and via cmd with and with out /nojvm), Desktop Manager, BBSAK, using the official Telus OS 6 and then tried OS 5.

Still no luck. Any suggestions? I really need to be able to use this. It's not under warranty any more though.
    07-02-11 06:20 PM
    Anyone try turning user account control off? Disconnecting from the internet? Are you using an OEM rim usb cable?
    07-02-11 08:16 PM
    The User Control has been off on my end. I didn't disconnect from the internet, but I don't really see how that would make a difference. I am using the OEM cable.
    07-02-11 08:44 PM
    Just suggestions to try as you all seem to say you've tried everything. How about uninstalling DM, downloading ccleaner (search google for it) install it run the cleaner and the registry cleaner (make a backup), reboot. Run ccleaner again, redownload DM, install, reboot and try again.

Again just things to try.
    07-02-11 09:04 PM
    Okay I will try that in a little bit and post back. One thing though, so I had this problem yesterday as well, and so yesterday when I opened Loader.exe, and connected the phone, it would show up as USB PIN:UNKNOWN, however now it shows USB PIN: "my BB Pin". Not sure why it's recognizing it now but it wasn't yesterday.
    07-02-11 09:11 PM
    I've had that happen also but always seems to work for me anyway.
    07-02-11 09:13 PM
    Just suggestions to try as you all seem to say you've tried everything. How about uninstalling DM, downloading ccleaner (search google for it) install it run the cleaner and the registry cleaner (make a backup), reboot. Run ccleaner again, redownload DM, install, reboot and try again.

Again just things to try.

I tried all those steps and tried again, yet I still have the same problem (Error 507 on Screen), can't reload OS due to phone rebooting in the middle, and then I get the Jx0000000...005 Error.

=(
    07-02-11 11:58 PM
    Are you able to wipe it with bbsak? Not sure what else to try except for maybe another computer.
    07-03-11 12:15 AM
    I have tried both "Wipe Device" and Factory Reset via BBSAK, however it loads the progress bar for wiping and then I THINK? it finishes, then restarts and goes back to the Error 507 screen. I don't have another computer accessible right now. I can try another computer when I get a chance
    07-03-11 12:18 AM
    I know this is an old post but i just got an old flip (8220) up and running after trying all the suggestions in previous posts with no success.

After trying all the OS's available for the phone, it would only get so far and throw up an error, or go into a constant reboot cycle.
    I tried JLcmder, and blackberry master control, loading all the files manually, with no success, and many hours wasted.

I then took the phone apart, and used a re-flow station, and applied some liquid flux, then heated the board for a few minutes, take the protective covers off before heating, what your doing is re-flowing the board.

I then put the board back into its case but did not connect up the screen, or the scroll ball, I just put it into the back cover so I could get the battery into it, and more or less held it together with my hand, I then connected the phone to the pc, and went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and it reloaded the software, with no faults or errors. I then reassembled the phone and it has been running for a few days with no problems.

TAKE NOTE: this is pretty risky applying any heat to a phone, but this is an old handset I was given, and was not working, so I had nothing to loose.

I really think this problem is a hardware problem, not a software issue, as I tried XP/Vista/win7.

I hope this is of some help to some one.
    08-07-11 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD