I know a lot of people post sweet blacked out, or my favorite thus far, whited out Bolds... But there is one mod I made to my phone that I think everyone can appreciate and at the same time probably do pretty easily. What am I talking about? Something that looks classy enough to be stock, but fits on the battery door to stop the thing from "giving" and moving so darn much.

What I did... I actually got this piece from a kit with a new housing for my 8300. It was a part of a sheet of this very thin foamy/padded type material that was designed to go around the LCD for use with the new housing. This was the center piece, the one that you're supposed to throw away... After a couple of weeks of messing around with taping business cards and the like to my batt door, I decided this was worth a shot. So I peeled off the backing and slapped it on... Like a glove! Now the door feels solid and the stability of the door is not compromised (one thing I noticed about taping cards and things to it was that if it was too thick, you could easily pry the door open from the top and if it was too thin you could still feel the door move).

Now, this may or may not have caused my speaker issue that I had posted about this morning... But following the fix of pressing the bezel and right above the camera flash fixed that right up, so no worries there.

The only issue everyone is going to think of is where can you find something like this... good question. Unless you're ordering an 8300 housing you're probably not going to run across one any time soon. I do believe though that a craft store like Michael's would carry something like this... I do remember seeing someone post something about using a small piece of felt too from a craft store. I hope this helps all of you who are just as annoyed as I was with how cheap the batt door felt after lots of use...
    Last edited by sandos; 05-11-09 at 05:48 PM.
    05-11-09 05:23 PM
    good idea. I just took the foam padding that was inside my case that came with the phone and sliced it thin and stuck it in the battery door.
    05-11-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD