It never occurred to me to use a wrist strap with the bold. While examining the bottom of the phone I noticed the hole on the lower right. Turns out to be a lanyard hook. The bold is a decent piece of machinery that I would like to keep as intact as possible. I figured what the ****, I grabbed my digi-cam wrist strap slipped it on the hook and good to go. Now I need to find a nicer black leather one. I tried an extra wiimote strap, but that looked too chunky.

Figured I would just post that tip for those active users out there, a little extra sense of security.

12-24-08 07:23 PM
    cool..im not a big fan of having my phone on a leash..

hey how do you like you seidio battery? can u tell a difference from the stock batt?
    12-24-08 07:32 PM
    Cool, nice discovery for those who would like to use this feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 07:36 PM

hey how do you like you seidio battery? can u tell a difference from the stock batt?
    Yeah, I'm still testing out if I like having my phone on a leash.

I just started using the battery a few days ago. So far it does seem to get about an hour or more life with heavy usage then the orig battery. The instructions says battery life improves after 5-7 full charges so hopefully it increases even more.
    12-24-08 07:40 PM
    Wow... I didn't even know that was there. Thanks.

12-24-08 08:15 PM
    Truly helpful information... amazing I never noticed that feature! Happy holidays.
    12-24-08 08:45 PM
    OMG Thank you!! I tried and tried to figure out how to get the lanyard in that hole - never thought to take off the back cover...
    12-24-08 09:17 PM
    good job with the find
    12-24-08 09:18 PM
    aha! was wondering where the heck that was
    12-24-08 09:18 PM
    Genius! I've been wondering where that was on this phone! Thank you so much. Happy holidays everyone!
    12-24-08 10:22 PM
    Never understood the whole lanyard thing for a phone, but each to their own.
    12-24-08 10:39 PM
    OMG Thank you!! I tried and tried to figure out how to get the lanyard in that hole - never thought to take off the back cover...
    Same reaction I had.
    12-24-08 10:45 PM
    Never understood the whole lanyard thing for a phone, but each to their own.
    i hear ya .
    i agree 100 %
    12-24-08 11:01 PM

Lol. I was about to ask the same question. Yeah, and the lanyard is cool.

12-24-08 11:33 PM
    Yeah, I'm still testing out if I like having my phone on a leash.

I just started using the battery a few days ago. So far it does seem to get about an hour or more life with heavy usage then the orig battery. The instructions says battery life improves after 5-7 full charges so hopefully it increases even more.
    Yesterday I got 9 hours of batt life before hitting 18% very heavy usage, gps on. wifi and bluetooth off.

The origanal battery usual gave me 5-6 hours with the same heavy usage. The bigger battery works longer.
    12-26-08 11:12 AM
    cool. thx.

Where do you get the lease ?
    12-26-08 11:32 AM
    Good find, but don't think I'll ever put a lanyard on it.
    12-26-08 11:33 AM
    good find and good pics
    12-26-08 11:47 AM
    cool. thx.

Where do you get the lease ?
    I took one off of a camera I havent used in a while.
    12-28-08 07:33 PM
    I kept wondering what that hole was for!!! Having the leash comes in handy sometimes when I might be prone to dropping my phone. Thanks!!
    12-28-08 07:42 PM
    Thanks for this post and pics.
    12-28-08 08:11 PM
    Cool, never noticed that

12-29-08 01:27 AM
    nice find man
    12-29-08 02:23 AM
    Well done, Captcrackberry! This morning, you have made three Blackberry users happier. Peeking on the web for that topic, we have finally found the pertinent thread. My wife and I changed recently our old cell phones for some Blackberry Curve 8530. Also, one of our daughter got this week a new Curve 9300 as a replacement cell, indeed following the abrupt one story high fall (and end) of her recent Palm Pr� . Your illustrated solution including clear photos was a treat! Thanks a lot! - Merci beaucoup! Johnny, Quebec-Canada
    (N.B.: Dental floss threader (with also a small lenght of fine dental floss) might help to get softer material through the small cell hole. Also, if like us you are using a protecting rubber shell to wrap your Black, do not forget to thread the lanyard end through it before into the phone!
    For those on the Net who are French speaking, I am including these few key words so those people will also get to the point by finding right away your thread: Dragonne pour cellulaire Blackberry Bold Curve - Comment installer une dragonne sur un Blackberry - lavalli�re - courroie pour le cou - courroie pour poignet
    09-26-10 11:31 AM
    you're very welcome Abacab41
    09-26-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD