I noticed this with the .297 install too...

It installs all these shortcuts to programs that aren't delete-able. They look like apps, but it's just an agreement to a trial or something that should be paid for... stuff like:
    -MobiTV,
    -Get Mobile Banking
    -My-Cast Weather
    -WikiMobile
    -Tetris
    -Scrabble
    -Brain Challenge Vol. 2
    -PAC-MAN by Namco.

I want to get rid of these stupid things; not just hide them.

I found the
    post to get rid of VVM
    , but I can't figure out how to kill these stupid icons.
    09-15-09 01:46 AM
    for what i know all you can do is to hide them
    09-15-09 01:50 AM

It installs all these shortcuts to programs that aren't delete-able. They look like apps, but it's just an agreement to a trial or something that should be paid for... stuff like:
    -MobiTV,
    -Get Mobile Banking
    -My-Cast Weather
    -WikiMobile
    -Tetris
    -Scrabble
    -Brain Challenge Vol. 2
    -PAC-MAN by Namco.

I found the , but I can't figure out how to kill these stupid icons.
    Just throw them all in a folder and hide it. They are pushed through in service books and CAN NOT be permanently deleted. If you manually delete them they will just come right back when you reset or resend your books.
    09-15-09 01:53 AM

-MobiTV,
    -Get Mobile Banking
    -My-Cast Weather
    -WikiMobile
    -Tetris
    -Scrabble
    -Brain Challenge Vol. 2
    -PAC-MAN by Namco.

I found the , but I can't figure out how to kill these stupid icons.
    I had the same issue ever since an earlier update. Only noticed it after going up to Canada and roaming on Rogers for a bit. But these kept reappearing as service books when back on AT&T. Finally, I got so annoyed with the extra clutter and the principle (had it hidden in Downloads), that I called AT&T Customer Service to complain. After a bit of insisting, I managed to get them to put a "blocker" or some sort of marketing or sales ability on my lines. I'm not sure exactly what it's called... If there's any AT&T customer reps browsing that could let us know, that'd be great.

In short, I called AT&T and got them to put some blocker on my lines. Waited an hour, deleted the service books of the bloatware, and did a hard reboot. They've never come back since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 04:45 AM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T, I asked if they could stop pushing the extra crap to my phone, she said no problem. It's some sort of marketing provisioning that they stop for you.

So yes, AT&T customers, just give them a call and be rid of the garbage!
    09-16-09 12:07 PM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T, I asked if they could stop pushing the extra crap to my phone, she said no problem. It's some sort of marketing provisioning that they stop for you.

So yes, AT&T customers, just give them a call and be rid of the garbage!
    That is good to know. Now I have to call Big Red and see if they will do the same!
    09-16-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD