Alright I have been running this one for a while now and I have noticed the memory leak is alive a well lol, It does take longer for the memory leak to
    take effect, but its still there.

also I was able to get the memory back with hard reboot, battery pull
    after two tries.

I had one input error os needed to restart error. this was during a browser session, trying to input things into a field.

what other problems are people having with
    .147 over time ...
    09-15-08 06:23 PM
    Memory leak !!!! in just one day
    09-16-08 07:46 AM
    Ive been using .147 for about a week now ...

I have memory leak ut it doesnt seem to affect performance, the memory starts up at about 40MB (after battery pull) and goes down to about 25MB by the end of the day ...

I havent noticed the OS slowing down at all ...
    09-16-08 08:29 AM
    I think the Bold will run perfectly well with 10 mb. I dont think its possible to have 40 mb after a battery pull and still be on 40 at the end of the day. I think its personal preference as to what is an acceptable memory loss, mine never goes below around 28 which is almost 3 times the amount it needs to run with no problems. Personally until my bold slips below 15 I am not worried.

I have heard some people on the forum say they get a message on screen when the memory is to low but I am not sure at what MB this message displays at.
    09-16-08 08:36 AM
    Bodisaffa, I agree, there is no need for concern at these levels, and as long as the performance isnt affected, im happy.

My device does a memory cleanup once every few days ... but i havent seen any messages about memory other than that...
    09-16-08 08:46 AM
    article here on RIM site

What is considered low flash memory?

The BlackBerry smartphone's Java� operating system has a complex and dynamic way of determining exactly how much available flash memory it should have before starting the Low Memory Manager application. To determine if it has low flash memory, the BlackBerry smartphone takes into account a number of factors, such as the BlackBerry smartphone hardware model, the operating system version, the number of installed applications, the frequency at which BlackBerry smartphone user data is added and removed, and so on. Generally speaking, the more the BlackBerry smartphone is used, the more memory the operating system sets aside for normal, efficient operation.

Note: When the BlackBerry smartphone has determined that is has low flash memory, it automatically starts the Low Memory Manager application, which reclaims memory.

The File Free field shows 0

When the File Free field shows 0, it most likely means that the BlackBerry smartphone is full of data. The BlackBerry smartphone determines that it has low flash memory and performs more extensive garbage collections in order to make room for any new data. However, even when the BlackBerry smartphone is full of data, it is designed to operate properly. The Low Memory Manager application starts recovering flash memory when data is added that requires additional flash memory.

How the Low Memory Manager application works

The Low Memory Manager application works to recover flash memory by removing old and unimportant data; when the Low Memory Manager application is running, it does not affect the regular operation of the BlackBerry smartphone, so you are not aware that it is running. The Low Memory Manager application makes requests to all applications on the BlackBerry smartphone to recover memory. However, third-party applications must be specifically designed to interact with the Low Memory Manager application.

The Low Memory Manager application makes requests of the applications on the BlackBerry smartphone in the following order:

The Low Memory Manager application first asks all applications to remove low priority data (for example, transitory data such as browser caches). If step 1 does not recover enough free flash memory for normal operation, the Low Memory Manager application asks the applications to remove medium priority data (for example, very old messages, cached map data, and out-of-date calendar entries).
    If step 1 and 2 do not recover enough flash memory, the Low Memory Manager application prompts the Messages application to remove email messages starting with those that are the least frequently accessed.
    09-16-08 09:04 AM
    Seems i spoke to soon ...

My memory is dropping quickly today (and i had a random reboot last night) which ithink may be due to the memory.

I am now at 17MB ...
    09-17-08 03:14 AM
    I am doing a 24hr memory and 48 hr battery test at present.

Almost done with the memory test reboot yesterday started at 38mb free
    24hr later 33mb free, I am more than happy with that

Battery will be 2 days at 4pm today and I am on 45% so also happy with that

If you started at 40 mb and now down to 17mb then that's prob an issue, even though phone will run fine on 17 it's still a bit to much I think
    09-17-08 03:20 AM
    Bodisaffa, are you running on 3G for your battery test?
    09-17-08 04:16 AM
    Is there any way of telling if it's down to the OS or an application issue?

Has anyone with a memory issues tried removing there third party apps and seeing if they still suffer from memory problems?
    09-17-08 04:32 AM
    Bodisaffa, are you running on 3G for your battery test?
    Yes Just 3G though, wifi GPS Bluetooth all off unless needed, short amount of time with WIFI and Bluetooth on last night looking at present like just over 2 days use with medium use, like to think I could get 2 days with heavy use. Always the option of 3g off too.

I am never away from a charger but nice to know how long it will go.

To answer above question, I dont think there is anyway to know where the mem leaks come from, it would be great if there was!!
    09-17-08 04:50 AM
    I've actually had 3G on since this morning - and i havent had issues with losing the BB logo next to 3G - i dont think id be able to get more than 16 hours.

I have BT on, and i would say im a medium to heavy user ... so 2 days is great if you can get that!
    09-17-08 05:08 AM
    Lose the Bluetooth and you may get to 2 days.

I don't think you would get 2 days with any of the GPS WIFI OR BT running the whole time.

As I said though when are we these days ever away from a charger of some kind. it could be worse you could have an iphone, lerking around on a forum last week some users complaining off 7 hours or less!! And not like they can keep a spare battery LOL!
    09-17-08 05:22 AM
    Very true!

Also, what screen brightness do you have on?

I keep mine at 60% - there isnt a noticeable difference from 100 to 60 ...
    09-17-08 05:41 AM
    I'm on 147 and I did a battery pull at 1.8mb, I got back to 25.8 then after 6 hours I'm on 7.8mb!! Any thougt???
    s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 02:13 AM
    You could try an update to .150

Word on that OS is WAY better memory but people reporting random reboots.

Or you could hold out for .154 OS which should not be long now.

Have you done the file free memory how to?? deleted unwanted languages etc??

see here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-24-08 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD