Download to enable BlackBerry Maps for AT&T devices. Looks to work on 4.5 devices as well as Bold and 8900.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi

Note: You have to install BlackBerry Maps via sideload in desktop manager before installing this for it to work.
    Last edited by hooper; 10-16-09 at 09:43 PM.
    10-14-09 09:35 PM
    It doesnt work...

If I click it on my PC it says not available to download via USB.

If I try it on my BB it says software not found.....
    10-15-09 05:29 AM
    It doesnt work...

If I click it on my PC it says not available to download via USB.

If I try it on my BB it says software not found.....
    This is an OTA link so don't do it on your PC. It worked for me and now I have Blackberry Maps again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:36 AM
    doesn't seem to support OS 5.
    10-15-09 06:35 AM
    Sorry for the newb question: Why would I want this as opposed to Google Maps?
    10-15-09 07:38 AM
    Aside from preference, BB Msgr 5's "Send Location" feature only utilizes BB Maps.

Interestingly enough, if you have BB Maps installed and are running OS 5 - you won't see an icon for it, but if you try the "Send Location" feature and then select "View" after its sent it will launch BB Maps (and show your location as well as being fully functional). At least this has been my experience.

Also, BB Maps tends to be a better at GPS navi. Orientation is not part of Google Maps. Mph and compass aren't either. It also uses significantly less data than Google Maps. I like both, just for different things.
    10-15-09 08:07 AM
    Interestingly enough, if you have BB Maps installed and are running OS 5 - you won't see an icon for it, but if you try the "Send Location" feature and then select "View" after its sent it will launch BB Maps (and show your location as well as being fully functional). At least this has been my experience.
    I've always used it this way with 4.6
    10-15-09 08:23 AM
    Blackberry Maps is tied in with Geo tagging. If you take a geo tagged pic you can view the pictures GPS location with BB Maps, this is something that can't be done with Google Maps or any other GPS mapping program.
    10-15-09 08:29 AM
    Thanks guys!

Looks like I'll load it, once I find an OS5 compatible version
    10-15-09 08:30 AM
    After I downloads this app, then I need to download BBmaps right?

10-15-09 08:36 AM
    Okay downloaded the link OTA on the BB and tried to load BB Maps and it says my device is not supported. This is not working for me. Running the Latest 4.6 OS
    10-15-09 08:55 AM
    I've got 5.0.238, and BBMaps did not appear when I installed it.

However, when I did the browser fix I found on PinStack.com forums, the BBMaps icon appeared.

I'm not sure if it was related to CrackUtil, or the cods for the browser that were installed, but I now have the normal icon & BBMaps now works with my 5.0.238 OS on my BOLD.
    10-15-09 09:00 AM
    Okay downloaded the link OTA on the BB and tried to load BB Maps and it says my device is not supported. This is not working for me. Running the Latest 4.6 OS
    You need to do that through desktop manager. Just check Blackberry Maps and load it. After that download the OTA link on the first post of this page.

10-15-09 09:29 AM
    Download to enable BlackBerry Maps for AT&T devices. Looks to work on 4.5 devices as well as Bold and 8900.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi
    Suh-weet! Great to see the BB Maps icon again on my home screen. Another blow struck against the Empire!
    10-15-09 09:59 AM
    You need to do that through desktop manager. Just check Blackberry Maps and load it. After that download the OTA link on the first post of this page.

did all that, but when I hit DL I got the following: "Notice: Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."
    Running OS 5.0.0.238 BBM 5.0.0.33
    10-15-09 10:54 AM

Okay I did this backwards before your post and downloaded the OTA first and then maps through DM. I got a fatal erroe message. So I'm guessing I need to go delete the OTA App and then put maps first, and then link to fix.
    This is very frustrating !
    10-15-09 11:11 AM
    did all that, but when I hit DL I got the following: "Notice: Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."
    Running OS 5.0.0.238 BBM 5.0.0.33
    ok...i did a battery pull and then tried to dl the link again. I got the same Notice. I decided to try to send location through BBM and then view location. BB Maps launched. I don't have an icon, but at least i have a work around.
    10-15-09 11:20 AM
    Any way to get the BB Maps icon on OS5 without doing the browser fix? My BB Browswer works in OS5 so I don't think I need to do the fix.
    10-15-09 11:53 AM
    Browser FIX

This post assumes you have already downloaded and installed BlackBerry OS 5.0 t your phone.

First you will need to download a couple things.

They are the CrackUtil Program, and the AT&T service books. I will attach the service books to this post, but CrackUtil you're on your own for because for whatever reason I'm unable to get it to upload on my connection currently. I apologize.

Download and unzip the servicebooks zip file you download from here. Best bet is desktop just so it's easy to find.

Install CrackUtil if not already done.

Vista users ONLY: Right click on the shortcut on your desktop. Select Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Click in the check box next to Run as Administrator
    Okay, connect your Bold to the computer, start CrackUtil.
    Click on the tab that says "File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE"
    Click "Retrieve File Listing"
    Scroll down and find the file called "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon" and click on it
    Click "Remove File from Device" and it will store the file in a folder for you.
    You will get and "Out of Grid" error message on CrackUtil, this is normal so no worries.
    The device at this point is rebooting so close CrackUtil, leave the phone connected, and allow the phone to finish booting up. You could also see a couple of errors once the phone does finish loading up, again, NOTHING to worry about.
    Start BlackBerry Device Manager
    Click the Backup and Restore
    Click on Advanced
    On the Left hand side, you'll notice it says "File", so click on that
    Navigate to where you unzipped the service books to, it will be the only file in the directory so no guessing here
    Once you double click on that, it will drop it into the left hand side of the two windows
    You'll notice 2 buttons between the 2 windows on Desktop Manager, click the bottom one has the ">>" on it
    That will throw the service books onto the device. At this point, close desktop manager because you're done with it
    Start CrackUtil
    Click once again on the "File Manipulation Tab - INTERMEDIATE" tab
    Click "Load File to Device"
    It opens where it pulled the browser_daemon off your device and stored it on your computer
    Double Click that file to load
    Once it loads, your device will reboot
    Once you see the load screen, close CrackUtil, and you can disconnect your Bold from your computer
    Once device loads up, go to either your BIS login page, or the Personal Email Setup icon on your device, resend your service books to restore email
    Enjoy your Browser
    These instructions were written to be the most BASIC form, with very easy to understand, broken down waaaay much to be a very EASY step by step procedure. Seems like a lot, but it is very much easy and quick steps. Was written for those with a very limited knowledge.

I take zero credit for this tutorial, I found very similar tutorials on both Crackberry.com, and BlackBerryOS.com. I simply applied thier method to this OS install on the Bold. All credit for the original work goes to the authors of those tutorials.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/29924/Bla...vice_Books.ipd <---- Service book.
    10-15-09 12:34 PM
    I am trying to enter the link for BB Maps in my phone browser. There are spaces required towards the end of the link. How do I insert spaces. The space bar only allows periods. Is there a way around this? I haven't needed to figure this out before. Frustrating.....
    10-15-09 02:09 PM
    id just copy/paste the link and email it to yourself
    10-15-09 02:14 PM
    I am trying to enter the link for BB Maps in my phone browser. There are spaces required towards the end of the link. How do I insert spaces. The space bar only allows periods. Is there a way around this? I haven't needed to figure this out before. Frustrating.....
    why not just go to the page on your phones browser and click on the link?
    10-15-09 02:14 PM
    jackm3, thank you, I should have thought of that! LOL
    10-15-09 02:38 PM
    I got a 505 error when I ctried to download

10-15-09 03:00 PM
    how do we get this on 4.6.0.297?
    10-15-09 04:31 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD