Anyone know how to do this? I've set the keypad tones to "off" in my profile settings and they still make noise when I am dialing a number.

Thanks-
    02-18-08 12:48 AM
    Keypad tones are silent only in the Quiet & Vibrate Profiles, unfortunately they can not be silenced in the other Profiles.
    02-18-08 05:46 AM
    Hold down the green call button. Scroll up to [Use Once] and click. Then you can type out your number without tones. If you're not already at the top of your address list, press A first to go to the A's or press some punctuation to scroll to before the A's (likely highlighting your [Use Once] line immediately.
    02-19-08 02:21 AM
    Holding down the green call button is my preferred way to find & call a number in address book. I have seen that "use once" at the top --what is it & how do you use it?
    02-20-08 11:20 PM
    Hold down the green call button. Scroll up to [Use Once] and click. Then you can type out your number without tones. If you're not already at the top of your address list, press A first to go to the A's or press some punctuation to scroll to before the A's (likely highlighting your [Use Once] line immediately.
    Cool trick. So, let's say I want to dial by name? The only phone number I have memorized is 911. The rest I just use my name directory, so to dial my friend Alex I'd dial ?AS /,L / 1ER / @ZX and it would look up Alex and dial him.

The Use Once feature doesn't support dialing by name. Any other ideas?
    02-21-08 11:23 PM
    if they are in your address book you dont need to "use once"

you only need this to actually dial a number....

-db
    02-22-08 04:36 AM
    Omg! I love you! Lol...I've had the same prob since I got my curve (in feb) and have been trying to figure out a way to silence my keypad. FINALLY! A suggestion that worked! I could kiss you Thanks so much!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 01:54 PM
    If nobody has told you yet, all you really have to do is switch your sound profile to a silent one, for instance "silent" or "vibrate." That turns off your keypad sounds, now just modify the sound profile to actually do whatever you want. If your like me you'll use three profiles, one for "all quite", one for vibrate and sound for important messages, then a "loud" one for when the phone is not on your person. So there you have it, just use a silent profile then modify it.

Yoder
    12-02-08 08:02 AM
    Is keypad tones set to off under Options>Screen/Keyboard?
    12-02-08 08:14 AM
    i tried pushing the green button and scroll up, but it only brings me to my contacts.

what is use once?
    04-28-09 07:01 PM
    I can't get to 'use once' either. Can someone explain it better for the slow class back here?
    05-19-09 02:38 PM
    Is there any way to create a profile based on the schematics of a preset profile (i.e., create a profile named "normal" based on the details of the "vibrate" profile) so that the tone is silent? I have tried various ways and am unable to do it. I have activated the "Vibrate" profile, then attempt to create a "new" profile, but see that the 'phone' setting is @ 'tone', which I believe is based on the 'normal' preset setting.
    05-20-09 10:55 AM
    How do you modify the "vibrate" profile. When I choose that profile I don't see that I have the ability to modify it.
    Thanks
    07-25-09 10:27 PM
    This is EPIC FAIL on RIMs part
    08-17-09 12:34 AM
    Jayson was correct, you can silence your keypad without losing your ringtone by going into profiles, set your active profile to quiet, then go to Advanced and press your blackberry button (directly left of the mouse) go to edit and then phone, when you are in this screen change the out of holster from none to tone and choose your tone, save these changes and you will have your normal ring but no keypad sounds!
    09-12-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD