ok I am new here but after spending countless hours trying to figure this out I thought I would post this info.

The default.bin technique works for most devices, and will work to remove password prompts, however it does not get rid of all policies, i.e. firewall settings.

if you have OS 4.3.x you can follow this information. If you do not have OS 4.3.x you are stuck using the default.bin work around to remove IT policies.

First, you need to download and install Java JDK, I used 5.0, 6.0 should work edit: not allowed to post links since I'm new
    After that is installed, you can install BB JDE Component Package edit: not allowed to post links since I'm new

once you have both of these installed, you will run the BB JDE Command prompt.

Make sure the device is connected, you do not need o be running desktop software, etc.

When you run the cmd prompt type "javaloader -u resettofactory" without quotes

You will see the cmd prompt connect to the device, then disconnect, after this check your device, you should have removed all IT policies, even firewall.

This has been discussed, just not explained, so thought I would help anyone looking for the info out.

edit: after you do this, pull your battery while the device is on, your device will reset and then wipe itself
    Last edited by guest; 01-13-08 at 11:47 AM. Reason: change
    01-13-08 11:22 AM
    I take it you've followed this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    01-13-08 11:32 AM
    yes I followed that same procedure, but had a different policy.bin file.

as I stated above, that works, but it will not disable the option to disable the firewall, which causes issues with some software installs, due to restrictions in with a firewall.

if you have OS 4.3 you will be able to follow my directions, and reset the device to "out of box" settings, which wipes the device completely and allows all edits to be made.
    01-13-08 11:46 AM
    SO, just to clarify...I will still have access to my BES email? Or is this what you do once you quit? Thank you both for the clarification! Tim.
    01-13-08 04:37 PM
    SO, just to clarify...I will still have access to my BES email? Or is this what you do once you quit? Thank you both for the clarification! Tim.
    if you are on a BES, leave your device alone, the IT policies are in place for a reason.

if you were to do the above, or even the policy.bin procedure linked above, you will remove your IT policy which could result in termination. at very least, it will wipe your device, then once reconnected to your BES you will be pushed a new IT policy.
    01-13-08 07:34 PM
    Yes, this will be the new method for removing IT policy (IF you are leaving the BES.) We're all looking forward to 4.3 on the devices so that we can completely remove the policies!
    01-14-08 12:02 AM
    I have an 7210 and i want to remove the firewall.. do you know how?
    02-14-08 04:26 AM
    I was unsuccessful with the Javaloader but I found another post on pinstack that helped.

it is titled: How To: Use JL_Cmder to Wipe A BlackBerry

not sure if the link is legal so just put it into google to find it. The guy has an application that does the resettofactory. It did not remove the firewall but corrected the error I had where i could not load Opera or Dynoplex

this error message is NOT appearing any longer
    "The application dynoplex_eoffice has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

thanks for the posts. they all helped
    Last edited by wildeklave; 04-02-08 at 11:15 PM.
    04-02-08 10:12 PM
    if you are on a BES, leave your device alone, the IT policies are in place for a reason.

if you were to do the above, or even the policy.bin procedure linked above, you will remove your IT policy which could result in termination. at very least, it will wipe your device, then once reconnected to your BES you will be pushed a new IT policy.
    This sounds like IT dept talk to me. Yes policies are in place for a reason, but stating that you could be terminated is a pretty broad statement and really depends on the company you work for. I have removed all kinds of policies / software from company equipment and not had any issues. I am quite sure there are some totalitarian companies out there that would terminate you over such a issue, but thankfully I don't work for one. This forum is based on the open exchange of information, help, comments etc.

Let's say you have a phone that your company reimburses you for, but it is your phone and it is on a BES system. You decide you have had it with their policies and wipe your device, activate your BIS account and forward your company email to your BIS account. There is nothing illegal or in violation by doing this. I know a few people who want some privacy and have done exactly this.
    04-03-08 06:11 AM
    This sounds like IT dept talk to me. Yes policies are in place for a reason, but stating that you could be terminated is a pretty broad statement and really depends on the company you work for. I have removed all kinds of policies / software from company equipment and not had any issues. I am quite sure there are some totalitarian companies out there that would terminate you over such a issue, but thankfully I don't work for one. This forum is based on the open exchange of information, help, comments etc.

Let's say you have a phone that your company reimburses you for, but it is your phone and it is on a BES system. You decide you have had it with their policies and wipe your device, activate your BIS account and forward your company email to your BIS account. There is nothing illegal or in violation by doing this. I know a few people who want some privacy and have done exactly this.
    I had the same situation come up at my company! When i realized i couldn't delete an app, I removed the bes from my personal blackberry.
    04-03-08 05:03 PM

some companies would consider that against their policy. I was implying that if you are unsure, you may want to check first, some businesses could care less, or may not even know.
    04-09-08 12:33 PM
    I am trying to remove my BES from my personal BB (curve). I have wiped it twice, but was automatically pushed the IT data on boot up. How do I uninstall the password they gave me to avoid this?

Thanks in advance
    05-19-08 03:34 PM
    This does not completely reset the device. If it has been used on BES and you wish to reset it for use on BIS it appears that we are out of luck.

I have reset this with every suggestion I have found here and it appears that once you have a device setup on BES you are stuck because you won't be able to start over and setup a BIS account.
    07-06-08 06:03 PM
    not true, ive swtiched devices from BES to BIS a couple of times now.

what do you seem to be having issues with?
    09-22-08 09:22 PM
    can you pm me the link pleaseee...
    11-15-08 12:12 AM
    I was unsuccessful with the Javaloader but I found another post on pinstack that helped.

it is titled: How To: Use JL_Cmder to Wipe A BlackBerry

not sure if the link is legal so just put it into google to find it. The guy has an application that does the resettofactory. It did not remove the firewall but corrected the error I had where i could not load Opera or Dynoplex

this error message is NOT appearing any longer
    "The application dynoplex_eoffice has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

thanks for the posts. they all helped
    Hello all,

This is my first time posting here and to be honest I have about reached my limit ith my BB Curve. I got it for Christmas and it as purchased off a Best Buy auction site.

When it was activated it came with a fabulous (NOT) It Policy requiring a password for the unit. I have been searching for a solution to remove the IT Policy and came across the JL_Cmder which I could not get to work until yesterday. Worked great on removing the password restriction but now I get the same message about an app asking to access inside and outside the firewall and the phones it policy restricts that. I am so baffled.

I can not find an it policy anywhere on the phone and there are no longer any little red locks for password or firewall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-24-10 08:27 PM
    Ok I have an update for my issue...........After posting my original message I decided to try the crackutil. It was easy to use and it seemed to work great. Bless you for your hard work on that program. Anyway after I used it I decided to have a look see at my back up files because I really didnt feel like adding my entire address book by hand and I wanted to see if I could remove/move/delete individual files. I tried it with my address book and it worked. So then I started looking at the rest of the files and I came across one named "policy" qty. of 1. so I thought hmmm I am gonna delete that and just do a full backup (which never worked before because the policies always stuck to my back up files) I figured I could change it back from a new back up file I created if it didnt help. So low and behold I removed that file and backed up my BB and YAAAAAAAAAAAA no more policies. My BB is wide open now.

I just wanted to share this with you all not sure if removing that actually helped my issue but hey maybe it did LOL.
    02-24-10 10:52 PM
    ok I am new here but after spending countless hours trying to figure this out I thought I would post this info.

The default.bin technique works for most devices, and will work to remove password prompts, however it does not get rid of all policies, i.e. firewall settings.

if you have OS 4.3.x you can follow this information. If you do not have OS 4.3.x you are stuck using the default.bin work around to remove IT policies.

First, you need to download and install Java JDK, I used 5.0, 6.0 should work edit: not allowed to post links since I'm new
    After that is installed, you can install BB JDE Component Package edit: not allowed to post links since I'm new

once you have both of these installed, you will run the BB JDE Command prompt.

Make sure the device is connected, you do not need o be running desktop software, etc.

When you run the cmd prompt type "javaloader -u resettofactory" without quotes

You will see the cmd prompt connect to the device, then disconnect, after this check your device, you should have removed all IT policies, even firewall.

This has been discussed, just not explained, so thought I would help anyone looking for the info out.

edit: after you do this, pull your battery while the device is on, your device will reset and then wipe itself
    Finally I have my BB Torch woring in all terms 'cs the apps were not allow to work! Thank you

With the Torch on T-mobile a have to make a lot of changes to make it work perfectly. 1st Unlocked by my own 'cs AT&T doesn't provide the code, they said "is not eligibl� for unlocked code". 2nd make a backup of the service books with the old phone in the alt+sbeb 'cs T-Mobile it has a OLD BIS so the can't send the service books to the Torch. 3rd install a new OS without the gmail.cod 'cs everytime that the phone reboot give an error 603 and there is no way to power on beside of doing a wipe and a reinstall a OS and 4th and last the IT POLICY Removal.

I hope to help some others user... I love the torch (even in EDGE still) and I always be T-Mobile user!
    11-10-10 11:56 AM
    I have a torch on tmo that works fine wirh the gmail.cod and IT policy has nothing to do with whether the the device will work on Tmo or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 12:03 PM
    So is this still the only way to change from be a to bis
    12-31-10 11:49 AM
    You don't need to do this to "switch" from bes to bis. I'd recommend it but its not required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD