Does anyone know if you can access your e-mail on VZW.BLACKBERRY.NET via the web. I would like to go and check/respond to messages just like you can do with AOL, G-Mail, etc using a computer and keyboard at times. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
    02-25-08 02:58 PM
    Previous versions of BIS allowed this, but no longer.
    02-25-08 03:02 PM
    It would be amazing if you could!!!
    02-25-08 03:09 PM
    ya i'd like this too!
    02-25-08 03:33 PM
    That is a restriction on BB part but is not that restict for consumers though and also thats what BB devices are for.
    02-25-08 10:50 PM
    if someone sends you an email to that account you can reply but can't go to a specific site.

makes me sad
    02-25-08 11:49 PM
    yes you can here is the link.... BlackBerry Internet Service
    02-27-08 02:24 PM
    yes you can here is the link.... BlackBerry Internet Service
    no you can only setup accounts there. not view the inbox........
    02-27-08 02:38 PM
    i have an [email protected]. I have BIS. I forward all my gmail emails to my [email protected] since it gets to my blackberry faster then setup a gmail account to only use the smtp.
    03-03-08 02:22 PM
    I agree that this configuration (direct to the VZW address) is incredibly fast. Much better than the other POP email solutions.

But I agree that it would be nice to access the mail from a desktop. I have been trying, and I cannot login. I tried ot reset my password, and when I mailed the PW to myself, the message told me I didn't have an account. :|

How can that be ... I got the message at my account ... on my handset ... that they say doesn't exist.

*shaking head*

I'll call Support tomorrow and get the whole story.
    11-29-08 11:36 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread but just wanted one last bit of clarification... With the @vzw.blackberry.net email this works as a full on functioning email address but can only be received/viewed on the phone and can not be checked on the desktop? Reason why I ask is I considered switching all emails to this address and using it as a primary personal email account.. The downside being if I receive something I can't get on my phone I have no way of checking or receiving this email on my computer unless I forward it myself if I understand this?
    01-16-09 04:23 PM
    Basically, messages are cleared from the server as they are delivered, so there is no longer anything to view.

It keeps people from warehousing a ton of mail on the BIS server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 05:22 PM
    I agree - what happens when the attachment I to large to view on the BB? My sister sends me emails all the time that I can only view on a computer.

01-16-09 05:29 PM
    I agree - what happens when the attachment I to large to view on the BB? My sister sends me emails all the time that I can only view on a computer.

Whenever somebody sends me an attachment that is too big for my BB to open, I just forward it to one of my other accounts and open it on my computer.

01-16-09 07:39 PM
    You can also set up the BlackBerry.net address on the website to send a copy of any emails that have attachments to an email address of your choosing.

01-18-09 10:41 AM
    For some reason, I'm unable to reply to email that I'm receiving from my [email protected] email address. I click on reply but no one's getting the email. Is there something that I should be doing?
    01-28-09 11:33 AM
    For some reason, I'm unable to reply to email that I'm receiving from my [email protected] email address. I click on reply but no one's getting the email. Is there something that I should be doing?
    I had a customer this morn with the exact same issue. His e-mails would have an red X next to them on his device, a Curve if I remember correctly. So we know they weren't being sent out.

I sent the service books, had him do a soft reset and they were sent out. Try doing this. Perhaps your data connection just got knocked out of whack. Known to happen with any Blackberry.
    01-28-09 12:30 PM
    "I sent the service books, had him do a soft reset and they were sent out. Try doing this. Perhaps your data connection just got knocked out of whack. Known to happen with any Blackberry." Ok, newbie here, how do I do that?
    02-04-09 06:45 PM
    with the phone powered on, pull the battery for 10-15 seconds and put it back in. Soft reset

Service books: options icon>advanced options>host routing table> menu button>register now
    02-04-09 06:47 PM
    Ok, so totally confused. Did the battery pull, did the soft reset. Upgraded to the .99 OS today and all my email seemed to be screwed up. Got my hotmail account fine, but could not fix my vzw.blackberry.net address. Deleted the account tried to get it back, didn't work. Lost my contacts so when I came home restored my blackberry to my last current settings so I could have contacts. Now I don't have my folder for the 2nd vzw.blackberry.net email I created. Now not sure what to do. HELP.
    02-04-09 07:18 PM
    Try resending your service books one more time.
    02-04-09 07:21 PM
    I just created a 3rd one. Couldn't figure it out. Thanks for your help.
    02-04-09 07:32 PM
    Usually doing the Host routing table and sending service books are two things I do if I ever add/edit any e-mails.
    02-04-09 11:40 PM
    Whenever somebody sends me an attachment that is too big for my BB to open, I just forward it to one of my other accounts and open it on my computer.

yes thats the best thing to do if a file or an attachment is to big
    in my opinion that email addy should be kept as to receive small emails like chat or brief messages
    02-06-09 10:23 PM
    wow I am new to this blackberry thing but I am lovin it for real...my question is.....is the pearl 8130 able to do what the bigger blackberrys do my wife and myself got great deals on these two pearls and I am just wondering if the bigger rigs are better or no...thanks in advance
    03-21-09 07:58 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD