Don't tell me that the 9650 is worth the extra 200 because of the quick killing of entry level devices.
    I want to know what and why.
    I'm a 16 year old and I have a pending upgrade.
    I have the 8330 and I am able to survive on it, However I resent the horrible browser and want a bit faster tethering speeds.
    I kinda want better video recording as well.

I know that the 9650 is better than or matches the 9330 in every way. I need a phone with speed.
    Communication is my goal.
    the only things I dislike is the crappy battery (I'll be getting a sedio 1500 extended if i get the 9330) and the lack of camera light.

Is the High res display that worth it?

and if the 9330 has a smaller one, does it make it run faster? (at least slightly).

Will the sprint 9330 be $0 on Crackberry with an Upgrade? or cost the full 50*?

*9650 in most places costs 180 with new contract but 200 with an upgrade.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 10-08-10 at 05:10 AM.
    10-07-10 07:46 PM
    personally i would go with the bold. It will be all the way around a lot better than the 9330. that hi res screen really makes a different. especially when rendering the web pages. The flash on the camera is def a must i have use the 9630 and the 9530 and i really miss the flash.
    10-08-10 02:19 PM
    personally i would go with the bold. It will be all the way around a lot better than the 9330. That hi res screen really makes a different. Especially when rendering the web pages. The flash on the camera is def a must i have use the 9630 and the 9530 and i really miss the flash.
    +1 9650 > 9330
    10-08-10 02:21 PM
    Get the 9650 Death. Why? Because I said so.
    10-08-10 02:23 PM
    The high res screen being worth it or not is a subjective question... It's either worth it to you or it isn't. Same with the camera + flash. For some it's a big deal, for some, who cares...

If you don't care that much about either, the 9330 is the better buy.
    10-08-10 02:29 PM
    I have the 9630, i kinda want the 9330. whats the comparison between RAM?

also anyone know if the processors are different?
    screen resolution doesnt really matter to me. neither does onboard memory, since u can just get a bigger flash drive.

if the 9330 doesnt have a flash that sucks.
    10-08-10 04:27 PM
    Has to be a different processor. Probably identical to the 8530 which supports opengl (while the 9630 does not).

Memory matters a bit because of OS6, not because of the amount of app storage. You need more memory for OS6 space.

And the 9330 camera has no flash just like the 8530.
    10-08-10 04:32 PM
    Things I don't like about the new Curve series:

-Media buttons in place of mute and lock key. Holding volume buttons will change songs and mute button will play/pause. If you don't use a password the lock button at the top is easy, simple, and always there.

-No external charging contacts, and no RIM branded charging dock available. Dropping your phone into a simple stand when you go to bed and having it turn into a bedside ****/alarm is just plain awesome... Some of the aftermarket docks available for the new Curve series are hideous, and seem like an absolute pain to use. I don't care if it's an entry-level device or not, every BB should have a RIM charging pod available for it. The Storm and Torch dock in landscape mode, so their operation in the dock is a little different, it uses the charging port, but RIM still makes pods for them.

-Screen resolution. Not a big deal if coming from an 83XX or older phone because the screen resolution is about the same. But coming from anything newer (8900, 95XX, 9700, 96XX, etc) it will be a noticeable difference. It's the first thing I notice when picking up the new Curves.

-No flash on the camera. The megapixel count doesn't really bother me because RIM does a good job making the software for their cameras. Even with a 2 mp camera it still takes decent pics, I mean, if you want nice pics then get a real camera with a normal sized lens. But no flash? Really in 2010? Flash is nice for those late night pics and video camera use, but what I really love about it is the flashlight capabilities. There's many free apps that you can get that makes launching the super bright light (flash) for seeing in the dark. Of course, a real flashlight works better, but for quick times when you want to see in the dark it's so convenient. You don't always a flashlight available, but your BB is always right there.

I don't mind the cheap feeling of them, it's all in the eye of the Berry-holder. I like the light feeling of them, and I've seen some pretty bad looking 85XX's that are still running strong.

I would go with the Bold, but I'd really need to think about spending an extra $200 on it over the 9330. You need to think about if these drawbacks really matter to you, and if they don't, will they matter to you sometime throughout the life of your contract? There will definitely be much better phones out in a year, the Bold is going to be more "up to the times" in a year compared to the 9330, can you live with that? $200 over a 2 year contract is $8.34 per month, it's your call to say if it's worth it.
    10-08-10 05:35 PM
    That said if all you need is "a lightsource" it's pretty easy to open up a white screen like Messages and use it for a light. Not as bright, but I do that on my 9800 anyways and it has a flash because it's easier, uses less battery and i don't usually need something as bright as the flash.

For picture taking in the dark you're kinda stuck unless you get a keychain light. I doubt a lot of people routinely have to take pictures in the dark though and the flash is useless past a certain distance anyhow, so flash mostly helps for close to maybe 6ft shots in poor lighting. After that it tends to not to do a whole lot.
    10-08-10 05:47 PM
    If your main goal is communication and speed, you have to make the decision on your own. Since both phones have similar specs besides the resolution of the screen and camera, you have to decide which keyboard you like better, since you are going to be doing a lot of typing. Personally, I would choose the Bold, because I like the higher resolution screen and the camera is great. I also like the keyboard on the phone. But it is a personal preference, and if you haven't tried out both of the phones I would go to a store and play with them to decide which you like better. Good luck and enjoy your new phone!
    10-08-10 06:22 PM
    The 9330 is getting owned here. Lol.

Well.. I guess I will go for the 9650.. Is the battery life okay on that mofo?

I've been seeing mixed reviews.

Also. Cases. I like the hybrid one one casemate. Black and grey. What you guys think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 11:13 PM
    9650 200$? They are 99.99
    10-08-10 11:58 PM
    9650 200$? They are 99.99
    Sprint, not Verizon.

10-09-10 04:27 PM
    I got the 9650, but it was before the 9330 came out.
    It really depends on your budget imo.
    If you're a broke a student, you might want to just get the 9330. If you have the spare $, I'd say definitely go with the 9330.
    BTW, I got mine for $180 (and saved $40 sales tax) with extending my contract off the CB store, and Sprint gave me a $70 credit cuz my contract was expired and I told them I was gonna switch to Verizon.
    10-10-10 02:08 PM
    You see, I've been saving up for a year so I have money,
    But the 9330 is just...

Bleh.

I want 9650.

CB store is only 180 right?

10-10-10 07:10 PM
    Well if you got the $, do it and don't look back I haven't really messed with the 9330, but it looks like the 8530, and I'm not a fan of those (build quality, sucky keyboard, screen res, no flash). I dunno what if it's still 180, but it's worth a shot.
    Call up Sprint too, I heard somewhere that with enough pressure they'll match Verizon's price. Also check if Amazon does Sprint renewels yet (I doubt that tho).

10-10-10 07:20 PM
    I got my 9330 friday and the keyboard is like the 8900 series.. Which I like better than the 85xx series.. But coming from a 8330 its really comfortable to type on.. But haven't had any problems with my new Curve 3G loving it.. And the screen resolution and camera is not a big deal for me a barely take pics anyway.. I mainly got this device because of the specs on it and the PRICE was a big decision maker for me just saying! You won't be disappointed if u gotten this device.

10-11-10 12:54 AM
    Get the $70 renewal credit, and use your upgrade for the 9650. Running with OS 6, the phone is great. For the reasons that others have posted, but also from first hand use. I went from the Curve to the Tour to the Bold, and I would never go back to the Curve series.
    10-11-10 12:20 PM
    I plan to get the 9650 when it sees a price drop hopefully October 30th with the 9670.
    I hope.

Then so yeah.

The 9330 is nice but not worth my upgrade.

10-11-10 03:09 PM
    Sprint, not Verizon.

My bad sorry
    10-30-10 02:19 AM
    I plan to get the 9650 when it sees a price drop hopefully October 30th with the 9670.
    I hope.
    Wouldn't really count on it. The 9650 is not competing with the 9670.
    10-30-10 03:53 AM
    Atleast it isn't braindamaged.

10-31-10 02:05 PM
    It's $150 now at Best Buy online.
    10-31-10 07:24 PM
    It's $150 now at Best Buy online.
    With a new plan. Haha.

I did however order straight from sprint on Friday night.

DDDDD

Awaiting its arrival, if I'm lucky. This will be the last time I'll be forced to use my 8330m for CrackBerry.

10-31-10 11:36 PM
    Nice decided against the 9670?

10-31-10 11:47 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD