Hi All
    I believe there has been some discussion about this but I am not finding it. Is there a work around to enable BlackBerry Maps on AT&T.
    11-06-08 07:56 AM
    Hi there, new Blackberry user here (going on 3 days, love the bold!) so forgive me for my limited BB Maps experience, but is there something that BBMaps has over Google Maps? I wanted to see the GPS on the Bold but not have to pay an extra surcharge/fee so I downloaded Google Maps Mobile and I love it. It works almost exactly like it does on PC, street view and all.

My experience with BB Maps is limited to visiting the site and seeing the two pics of what looks like blurry/less detailed information so why not go with GMM? Unless of course, theres an exclusive feature that GMM doesn't have. Otherwise:

*Can't post URLs until I have 10 posts, grr* (Lookup "Google Maps Mobile" in google)

Cheers,

-Ramm
    11-07-08 06:15 PM
    Hi there, new Blackberry user here (going on 3 days, love the bold!) so forgive me for my limited BB Maps experience, but is there something that BBMaps has over Google Maps? I wanted to see the GPS on the Bold but not have to pay an extra surcharge/fee so I downloaded Google Maps Mobile and I love it. It works almost exactly like it does on PC, street view and all.

My experience with BB Maps is limited to visiting the site and seeing the two pics of what looks like blurry/less detailed information so why not go with GMM? Unless of course, theres an exclusive feature that GMM doesn't have. Otherwise:

*Can't post URLs until I have 10 posts, grr* (Lookup "Google Maps Mobile" in google)

Cheers,

-Ramm
    Yes have downloaded google maps. I have not used BB maps and would like to give it a try. I do not want to use AT&T navigator. I am thinking about trying Garmin moblie. But I am sure there is a work around for getting BB maps to work. In another post under Bold catergory I found this but have not tried it yet. Has anyone tried this?

"I found a fix to get BBmaps working on ATT!!!!!
    I read on another forum all you have to do is use a theme not related to AT&T (don't use any themes that came with the phone) and your BBmaps will appear, it has something to do with them wanting you to sign up for there telenav service so they block out BBMaps, i am not sure if this works with .167 but with .168 it works 100%!!"
    11-08-08 10:50 AM
    Yes you have to use a non-AT&T theme and install OS 4.6.0.168. When you install the new OS, you have to manually choose Maps in DM to install it.

(and you have a typo in your device model )
    11-08-08 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the info, and typo corrected
    11-08-08 11:07 AM
    I did this an it did in fact install BB Maps. However, just a heads up, if you go back to the default AT&T theme, the icon for BB Maps will be gone.
    11-08-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD