Man, I have the .160 os and I have had the sqeak/chirp the whole time. I thought it was just my phone. I guess I better upgrade and see if it gives me the same issues. Anyone find a fix for this yet? Other than new radio code?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:13 AM
    Here's a flaw in this one. No spell checking. Anyone else noticed this?

10-11-09 05:43 AM
    Here's a flaw in this one. No spell checking. Anyone else noticed this?

Really? I guess I haven't noticed. I'm actually running a skunkd hybrid now. It has more file free & less leak than .169. I'm gonna have to check out the spell check & see if the hybrid has it. I kinda need that, I suck at teh spelling lol

10-11-09 08:26 AM
    Really? I guess I haven't noticed. I'm actually running a skunkd hybrid now. It has more file free & less leak than .169. I'm gonna have to check out the spell check & see if the hybrid has it. I kinda need that, I suck at teh spelling lol

haha yeah my sepeling can be off too sometimes... I'm running the hybrid also..
    10-11-09 10:45 AM
    Sooo, I'm having a problem since I updated to .169. My phone will be on keyboard lock & when I try to use it, I can't unlock it. I thought at first it was turning off & wouldn't turn on for some reason. I got a call today & I couldn't answer it. It happened while using .169 in stock form & with the hybrid. As bad *** as this OS is, I think I'm gonna have to switch back to .160+5.0, unfortunately.....

10-11-09 09:35 PM
    I've been running .169 for weeks now and my only beef is the media player any time i tryto listen to music it makes it through the first song then i get the error, as long as i leave it alone my ringers work fine but its been that way since 4.5 and up.:
    10-12-09 01:49 AM
    Hey guys I haven't posted here for a while, so here goes. I didn't even realize .169 came out so I'm downloading now. I've read your posts, and the only issues I've had on .160 was memory loss and that audible chirp. Now the chirp I believe is region/city based because at the beginning of the year through August I was living in LA and never heard that noise. Then I came to the NYC area specifically New Jersey to visit and all of a sudden I'm hearing this noise during calls. I go back to LA two weeks later and it's gone. Now I'm living back in NJ and it comes back. I don't know what's going on but something is wrong somewhere. I'll post my findings later.
    10-12-09 10:49 AM
    Hey guys I haven't posted here for a while, so here goes. I didn't even realize .169 came out so I'm downloading now. I've read your posts, and the only issues I've had on .160 was memory loss and that audible chirp. Now the chirp I believe is region/city based because at the beginning of the year through August I was living in LA and never heard that noise. Then I came to the NYC area specifically New Jersey to visit and all of a sudden I'm hearing this noise during calls. I go back to LA two weeks later and it's gone. Now I'm living back in NJ and it comes back. I don't know what's going on but something is wrong somewhere. I'll post my findings later.
    The chirp definitely depends on the area you're in. I never heard it til I went to VA to visit my friend.

I think Im gonna switch back to .160 cuz the key lock problem is annoying.
    10-12-09 07:05 PM
    Updated the findings summary with the latest findings. Was anyone able to confirm the lack of spell checking?
    10-13-09 08:15 AM
    I've tried at least 6 times to upgrade to .169 but the Desktop Manager does not recognize the update.

I've downloaded th latest DM (5.0)
    I've downloaded and installed the update on the first post

When I run DM it doesnt notice the new update

I've deleted older OS's on my PC and still no luck

I'm stuck on 4.5.0.138
    10-13-09 03:00 PM
    ^^ You have to delete vendor.xml and use apploader.exe. Please read the instructions.

-----

My findings for .169:

1) Memory leak is WAY better. I set above 10MB file free most of the time now.
    2) I noticed the chirp but it's not very bad. Not bad enough to make me want to downgrade
    3) A lot more responsive OS, less need for battery pulls. I'm guessing that's because of the file free issue being fixed.
    10-13-09 09:33 PM
    Updated the findings summary with the latest findings. Was anyone able to confirm the lack of spell checking?
    Not that anyone uses it much but the code #4357* send doesn't pull up that menu anymore either
    10-13-09 10:18 PM
    I've been running .169 for weeks now and my only beef is the media player any time i tryto listen to music it makes it through the first song then i get the error, as long as i leave it alone my ringers work fine but its been that way since 4.5 and up.:
    Can you confirm that spell checking has gone missing?

10-15-09 10:25 PM
    using the .169/5.0 hybrid Spell check definitely works. dunno bout pure .169
    10-16-09 01:58 PM
    Hmm that's what I'm running.. Mine is no where to be found

10-16-09 02:02 PM
    Here spell checker works ok too, both with native and 3rd party apps.
    10-16-09 05:53 PM
    Okkkkk, so I done a complete wipe on my phone, loaded just the reg .169 and all is well. #4357* send works and spell check works now also. not sure if the zip with the hybrid files may have gotten messed up somehow? oh well as long as my bbm 5 is working i dont care
    10-16-09 11:21 PM
    I am definitely noticing the chirp now with .169.

Does anyone who uses the Hybrid OS also notice the chirp? I'm wondering if that will fix the problem.
    10-17-09 09:08 PM
    Can someone upload OS 169 with rapid, please?
    Thanks
    10-20-09 09:43 AM
    Much cleaner sound on calls for me...160 left all fuzzy...ppl can hear me better now and vice-versa...much better memory management...no chirp in Orange County/Los Angeles/SoCal areas yet...haven't tried media player yet, so no comment on reported bugs on that...sound issue was big one on .160.

This build/ver/release much smoother overall....160 had bad memory leaks.
    10-30-09 06:13 PM
    I am definitely noticing the chirp now with .169.

Does anyone who uses the Hybrid OS also notice the chirp? I'm wondering if that will fix the problem.
    the chirp is related to the radio file and the carrier region you're in.
    Hybrid has the squelch too because it does not include a replacement radio file. So file from the base OS (160, 169, whichever) is used.
    11-05-09 01:58 PM
    #4357* Code Works Fine On My Phone w/.169

Not that anyone uses it much but the code #4357* send doesn't pull up that menu anymore either
    11-10-09 12:15 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD