NEWEST UPDATE 7-18-09

All inclusive hybrid: .160+5.0.0.100+bbm5.0 leak+5.0 themes click here:

HybridAllInclusive

If you want piece by piece read below!

OLDER:

Read this all the way through and DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET BEFORE UPGRADING if you are using dm4.7 or higher

Well with all the popularity hybrids are having in the curve and storm forums, i've decided to compile a hybrid OS for us 8830 users

This includes bold beta 5.0.0.100 files mixed with our .160 files.

it is up and running on my 8830

Readme is included in the .rar as to how to install this on your phone.

To check if it worked goto: Options, Advanced Options, Applications, Menu, Modules. Check to see if ur 5.0 files made it to your phone after the install.

Once in the applications menu u have to hit the blackberry button, then click modules to see all the modules.

I've tested it on my 8830we and its snappy, i seem to have more file free mem, and the browser seems to render java much more efficiently (thanks to os5.0), html email i am seeing a difference in for the better! media player is MUCH faster as well

or follow the instructions below but understand that they were written for the curve 8330 but functionally they are the same!

download 8830we .160/5.0 Hybrid OS: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting or MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

OTA 5.0 themes for 8830: (visit links from your blackberry browser @ m.crackberry.com to install)
    BOTTOM DOCK:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_B..._83xxOS4_5.jad

L Theme:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_L..._83xxOS4_5.jad

Today Plus Theme:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_T..._83xxOS4_5.jad

promise these work even though its 83xx branded !

sample:

Features:
    - Highest Quality Theme
    - User Customizable Home Screen Icons
    - User Customizable Fonts - except for dialogs/menus
    - Authentic OS 4.6 Icons
    - Authentic Precision App Screen and Lock Screen - not locked
    - Bottom Dock, L, and Today Theme versions also availables
    - Include International Characters

ENJOY THESE THEMES FREE thanks to Aneto!

If you don't have data on your berry here is a link for all 3 types of the theme for download to install through DM.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

These themes will work for all 88xx and 83xx devices.

BBM 5.0!! for 4.5 device : http://www.berryosfiles.com/downloads/BBM_4.5.0.zip

install after installing the hybrid os!

To install just extract the zip file on your computer. Remember the location. Open up Desktop Manager and click on Application Loader. Under Add/Remove Applications press Start. When the screen comes up with all the apps on your device, select Browse and navigate to the folder you extracted from the zip. Choose the BlackBerryMessenger.alx and click next. Then just wait for the phone to reboot and walla, the brand new BBM 5.

Note that you have to copy the .alx to the main folder of your OS and the .cod files to the java folder or otherwise DM won't recognize it
    Last edited by skunkd; 07-18-09 at 09:04 PM.
    06-15-09 06:16 PM
    Thanks to blackngray70

For those that might find this process confusing. I'm going to attempt to explain it as best I can with some screenshots.

First download the .rar file from the first post and extract the files. If you don't have a program to extract .rar files you can use 7-Zip.

Download and install 4.5.0.160 from: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0

Then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file.

Then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41\Java.

Next open the Java folder that you extracted from the .rar file.

Next select all files in the Java folder from the .rar file and either copy and paste or move them to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41\Java folder.

Next a window will open and ask if you want to Copy/Move and Replace. There will be a checkbox in the bottom left corner check it and select Copy/Move and Replace.

Now if you want to shrink the OS before you load it run the Shrink A OS .exe file from the .rar file and remove everything that you want removed. When finished navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41\Java and delete the removed files folder.

Now you should be ready to load the hybrid but first you should run DM and run a backup and backup your third party apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Those who would prefer to wipe before installing this OS then you can use JL Cmder to wipe then load hybrid.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

If you have any problems with DM not detecting the hybrid then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run the Loader.exe.

I hope this helps

If I've missed anything or added something I shouldn't have someone please let me know
    Last edited by skunkd; 06-15-09 at 08:04 PM.
    06-15-09 06:27 PM
    My initial review of the hybrid so far is that I have More Free Mem, apps are opening and closing quickly, and the browser is rendering java differently (i think much better, seems smoothed)
    06-15-09 08:02 PM
    been up and running 4 hours now, browser speeds are greatly improved, phone is snappy still.

give it a try and enjoy!

write your feedback here
    06-15-09 10:14 PM
    I'll give it a shot, and I'll report back
    06-16-09 01:03 AM
    Ok...

1)Media player is excellent

2)Browser is definitely faster

My mem went down a little quicker than normal, but I feel that may be something else (3rd-party app possibly)

Good stuff skunkd, will continue to monitor over the next week or so
    06-16-09 08:31 PM
    Hey,

I also seemed to have memory issues at first after the upgrade.

after I used it for a full day and went through all my programs and all the settings and saved them the memory seems to be holding longer than it initially had. I'm hoping the same in your case. Just give it a few battery pulls after all your settings and apps have been run and saved.

either way, the browser is def the biggest improvement so far. i'll keep working on new hybrids as we discover more compatible 5.0 files.

so far 0 crashes which is a definite +
    06-16-09 10:14 PM
    o and was there any difference in media player? I barely got to test it out yet.
    06-16-09 10:15 PM
    Some of the older 4.5 BETA's had media player probs, but this playing great. Yes, my mem is now holding at a little more than 16 MB. I started @ 21, but has held through the day with emails, texts, few calls, and some browsing. Will try a couple batt pulls to see if it holds at a higher MB.
    06-16-09 11:51 PM
    Thanks for making this up. Any chance someone could host this somewhere else. I absolutely can't stand "Rapid Share" and refuse to pay for that crap. The "slower free" speed didn't use to be that bad, but I'm literally getting a download rate of 2KB a second which might as well be zero. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    06-17-09 03:53 PM
    Actually can't get it to even download at that speed. Cuts off at 185KM and says it's done downloading.
    06-17-09 04:01 PM
    Downloaded this afternoon and it went really quickly with no problems. Sounds like someone needs a better internet connection. ^^^
    06-17-09 04:15 PM
    ok added it to megaupload as well... check first post for link.
    06-17-09 05:51 PM
    Got damnit lol. Im gonna go on my other PC now and attempt this. If it works great, your the man skunkd!
    06-17-09 06:30 PM
    np also install one of the themes i've added above, yes they are branded 83xx curve but i promise you they work. i have them on my 8830 enjoy, thanks to Aneto!
    Last edited by skunkd; 06-17-09 at 06:51 PM.
    06-17-09 06:37 PM
    One thing I really noticed is that media player is working really well now that I've tried it. pictures load super fast compared to what they used to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 10:12 PM
    Hey,

I also seemed to have memory issues at first after the upgrade.

after I used it for a full day and went through all my programs and all the settings and saved them the memory seems to be holding longer than it initially had. I'm hoping the same in your case. Just give it a few battery pulls after all your settings and apps have been run and saved.

either way, the browser is def the biggest improvement so far. i'll keep working on new hybrids as we discover more compatible 5.0 files.

so far 0 crashes which is a definite +
    Agreed same here with no crashes. On top of it, my mem is holddddddinng great now between 18-19 MB. If you don't need anything in your content cache, I recommend clearing it here and there. Yep told you the media player is definitely, the browser is faster...Man this is great! bout to OTA those Precisions' now
    Last edited by ediggity; 06-17-09 at 11:20 PM.
    06-17-09 11:17 PM
    Just loaded and seems to be running good. I noticed a great improvement with the memory. Ill see how it holds up for the next few days and see what really breaks through. Thank you so much for this!
    06-18-09 03:47 AM
    Np, glad you guys are enjoying this as much as I am, makes putting the hybrid together well worth it!

anything to add some excitement to our old forgotten 8830 ! lol

If I find any more compatible 5.0 files or when the newer 5.0 betas are released I'll keep us updated.

This has definitely made my wait for the tour a lot easier! Its holding me over pretty well

06-18-09 06:06 AM
    When installing themes (Hedonedesign Se7en) that expects at least 4.5, will this hybrid cause issues with it?

jjw
    ND
    06-18-09 11:44 AM
    No it will not, since the hybrid is based on 4.5.0.160. Those themes I posted in the first post are 4.5+ themes and work very well with this hybrid os.

06-18-09 12:02 PM
    Np, glad you guys are enjoying this as much as I am, makes putting the hybrid together well worth it!

anything to add some excitement to our old forgotten 8830 ! lol

If I find any more compatible 5.0 files or when the newer 5.0 betas are released I'll keep us updated.

This has definitely made my wait for the tour a lot easier! Its holding me over pretty well

haha even though its an older forgotten BlackBerry, I still love it to death. If you pretty much put a camera on it and gave it MMS Capabilities, I would consider the Curve obsalete. The 8830 has a big diffrence in typing alone. A lot more handy then the Curve. More Professional also

And BTW..........Im only a 25 year old kid lol
    06-18-09 12:35 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't have a shared folder...? Any ideas?
    06-18-09 12:50 PM
    Have u already installed the telus 4.5.0.160 package to your computer?

If not you need to do so first. Also make sure you are checking in my computer--program files--common files--research in motion--shared--

Last edited by skunkd; 06-18-09 at 04:12 PM.
    06-18-09 01:32 PM
    haha even though its an older forgotten BlackBerry, I still love it to death. If you pretty much put a camera on it and gave it MMS Capabilities, I would consider the Curve obsalete. The 8830 has a big diffrence in typing alone. A lot more handy then the Curve. More Professional also

And BTW..........Im only a 25 year old kid lol
    Yea I'm only 23 myself lol this is still one of my favorite berries for sure I totally agree I wouldn't even upgrade if it had more mem and a camera

06-18-09 01:34 PM
380 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD