From Alltel

Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.122 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.122
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.89
    Software Platform: 3.2.0.52
    File name: 8330uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel122_PL3.2.0.52_A4.5.0.89_All Tel.exe
    File size: 68.06MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4

For install instruction to load any carrier 8330 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    12-01-08 09:36 AM
    Arrrggg just did .77 last night. What's this one fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:14 AM
    I've been running this version on my BB for a couple weeks and it seems to be pretty stable. All the bugs from previous versions have been fixed including the speaker phone blast when excepting a call. The only problems I've found with this version is on an Alltel 8330 the MMS isn't fully fuctional with Docs2Go installed and sometimes I'm not able to edit or reply on this site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:31 AM
    I've been running this OS for a few weeks now as well, and blackngray70 is right. Seems pretty stable, everything works great except MMS for alltel users. I assumed once they officially released this that the MMS would start working, but it doesn't seem to be cooperating today.
    12-01-08 12:16 PM
    Works on my 8330 from Verizon. My camera is a little snappier (pardon the pun). The options after taking a picture (i.e.- upload to Facebook) have been sluggish since the day I bought it. Finally a fix. Also didn't need to push service books as with past OS updates. Had emails coming in right after initial boot.

Isn't the a .100+ version floating around somewhere?
    12-01-08 02:37 PM
    Won't update on Verizon 8330 for me. Deleted vendor.xml, start Desktop Manager, plug in handheld. Go to App loader, select update, select the new OS, scans the BB and says no updates available. WTH, .77 upgrade went flawlessly.
    12-01-08 02:39 PM
    I've been running this OS for a few weeks now as well, and blackngray70 is right. Seems pretty stable, everything works great except MMS for alltel users. I assumed once they officially released this that the MMS would start working, but it doesn't seem to be cooperating today.

MMS works on Verizon 8330.
    12-01-08 02:52 PM
    OK, finally got it installed. Sweet, no more speaker blast when answering calls. Even the callers on the other end noticed it. 50% of my phone calls began as:

Me: Hello?
    Caller: What was that noise?

All fixed! Yay!
    12-01-08 03:03 PM
    This should run on Sprint 8330 as well correct?
    12-01-08 03:19 PM
    This should run on Sprint 8330 as well correct?
    Yes, just delete the Vendor file pre-phone installation as stated in the original post.
    12-01-08 03:23 PM
    I just tried it, everything was going as planned, until I hooked up my blackberry to dtm, it showed me that there is a software update, i checked yes, and it told me at the end I have the most current version. I currently am running 4.5.0.77. What am i doing wrong?
    12-01-08 03:27 PM
    Nice, but it should not have been released because mms is hosed with docs2go installed, and Alltel has no clue as to why either, just got off the phone with them.
    12-01-08 03:29 PM
    I just tried it, everything was going as planned, until I hooked up my blackberry to dtm, it showed me that there is a software update, i checked yes, and it told me at the end I have the most current version. I currently am running 4.5.0.77. What am i doing wrong?
    I'm having the same problem (running 4.5.0.77 now), but it doesn't even prompt me saying there is an update. It says that there are no updates available and yes, I followed all instructions.
    Last edited by GrueBlock; 12-01-08 at 03:44 PM.
    12-01-08 03:41 PM
    I am new to blackberry and the Curve. I just purchased a curve on Friday and love it.My O.S is 4.3.0127 I probably should upgrade to the 4.5.
    Do I do this on the Blackberry website,and do I use the same desktop manager that Verizon sent.I sure the OS will make a difference? Any answers will help.
    12-01-08 03:44 PM
    I'm having the same problem (running 4.5.0.77 now), but it doesn't even prompt me saying there is an update. It says that there are no updates available and yes, I followed all instructions.
    I ran into this same issue. Must be something missing.. DM says no update available for me as well after following the steps.
    12-01-08 03:54 PM
    Guys, the DM problem is because you have online updates turned on. Add/remove programs, BBDM, Modify, remove Online Updates, next, uncheck Update Software Online, next next finish. Search for vendor.xml and delete them all.

What happens is with online updates, DM makes a copy of vendor.xml in a temp folder somewhere so that it won't download another carrier's software.
    12-01-08 04:05 PM
    Hi all, I'm a Blackberry Newbie and dummy. I use my phone for work and use various medical software. A lot of them does not offer a Blackberry option. Can anyone tell me what other OS is the Blackerry Curve 8330 compatible with? I previously use the Palm OS.
    12-01-08 05:58 PM
    Correction, speakerphone blast is still there for me.
    12-01-08 06:14 PM
    Nothing.
    .77 is for VZW and .89 is for Alltel, so the DM knows that your version .77 is current for VZW
    12-01-08 06:26 PM
    OK, finally got it installed.
    Do you have any idea what got it installed?

I'm in the same boat you are:
    1. installed the program
    2. deleted vendor.xml (and searched to ensure no others floating around)
    3. connected BB
    4. no auto update, so picked App Loader
    5. clicked update software. (It sees a 0.89 file, but won't actually install it.)

Any help?

edit: Literally seconds after posting this, I saw that the update was ready to go on DM.

I guess just 2 or 3 iterations of installing/uninstalling, connecting/disconnecting is necessary (for me).
    Last edited by matt91; 12-01-08 at 06:41 PM.
    12-01-08 06:38 PM
    Hi all, I'm a Blackberry Newbie and dummy. I use my phone for work and use various medical software. A lot of them does not offer a Blackberry option. Can anyone tell me what other OS is the Blackerry Curve 8330 compatible with? I previously use the Palm OS.
    Your BlackBerry is only compatible with the appropriate BlackBerry OS for that model. The different version numbers 4.3 and 4.5 are merely different and upgraded versions of the BlackBerry OS from RIM.

You would need find versions of the medical software that are compatible with BlackBerry or you won't be able to run it on your phone.
    12-01-08 07:21 PM
    Thank you Motorcycle Mama
    12-01-08 08:15 PM
    Is it correct that Verizon .81 and higher allows 16gb MicroSD Card support? Will this one allow it?

(Considering a Curve, not sure this Storm is appealing to me)
    12-01-08 08:42 PM
    Is it correct that Verizon .81 and higher allows 16gb MicroSD Card support? Will this one allow it?

(Considering a Curve, not sure this Storm is appealing to me)
    What .81? Verizon is at 4.5.0.77
    12-01-08 08:47 PM
    Question - is it typical that you have to reinitialize a lot of apps after you do an OS update? I did the update and it restored everything, but I had to re-do the Gmail and Viigo logins. Does that happen ever time I update the OS?

Thanks.
    12-01-08 09:33 PM
499 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD