I have Curve 8320 with t-mobile. I have the 19.99/month BIS service. I have a gmail account set up but I do not get the emails instantly like the vast majority of gmail users claim. I have consistent extended delays between the time the message arrives in my gmail inbox and my handset (as much as an hour on at least one occasion and typically 5-7 minutes generally). I did not set up the account via IMAP. I have tried deleting the account and re-adding it but nothing seems to work. I signed up for a yahoo account and in tests the messages from there come virtually instantly. In other threads people claim gmail is instant, but I have not had this experience. Are you all just blowing smoke because you're gmail fanboys or is there something I'm doing wrong or could try to speed up the relay? I have used gmail since long before it was open to the public and would hate to have to migrate to a yahoo account. Please let me know if there is something else that can be done.
    01-15-08 03:53 PM
    Good question---I am having the same issues as you are and so are many others.
    01-16-08 07:38 PM
    I have Curve 8320 with t-mobile. I have the 19.99/month BIS service. I have a gmail account set up but I do not get the emails instantly like the vast majority of gmail users claim. I have consistent extended delays between the time the message arrives in my gmail inbox and my handset (as much as an hour on at least one occasion and typically 5-7 minutes generally). I did not set up the account via IMAP. I have tried deleting the account and re-adding it but nothing seems to work. I signed up for a yahoo account and in tests the messages from there come virtually instantly. In other threads people claim gmail is instant, but I have not had this experience. Are you all just blowing smoke because you're gmail fanboys or is there something I'm doing wrong or could try to speed up the relay? I have used gmail since long before it was open to the public and would hate to have to migrate to a yahoo account. Please let me know if there is something else that can be done.
    Have the same problem. Read my thread and a temporary work-around here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sto...-advise-14901/ I thought it was only me having these issues.

Apparently though, it's only you and me.
    01-16-08 08:29 PM
    I've reported this issue to Gmail. I'll update here if I learn anything new.
    01-16-08 09:05 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Gmail used to be instant, now I have a delay. It's a minor inconvenience; I tell folks to use the true Berry address.

Blargh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-08 10:05 PM
    why not just use the gmail app? it works great on my 8300. i tried using the gmail through pop and i didnt like it as much as using the gmail application.
    01-17-08 09:36 AM
    I tried the gmail app with the pop at the same time and pop got my email faster than the app.
    01-17-08 12:19 PM
    I'm having the same problems...wonder what's going on with gmail.
    01-17-08 12:27 PM
    Mine still gets delivered immediately but when I first set it up, if I read an email on my BB, it was marked read on my gmail, but now no, and messages that I had rules for to bypass the inbox never were delivered to my BB, and now of course, they are all delivered. Wish I knew what happened with that.
    01-17-08 10:16 PM
    Using the Gmail app defeats the purpose for those of us that need our email to arrive instantly, at the time it's sent.
    01-18-08 03:03 AM
    Foward it to a Yahoo Account, it's Instant, all the time. It also reconciles instantly, all the time.
    01-18-08 03:31 AM
    I use hotmail and have similar problems. Never instantly but timelag between minutes and an hour.
    01-18-08 06:38 AM
    i just sent myself a test gmail and received it from my laptop to my berry w/in 10 seconds. sorry some of you are having issues.
    01-18-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD