I have a verizon curve 8330 and have been using the blackberry desktop software to periodically back it up without problem.

Now, when I run the backup from the desktop manager, I get an error message (no explanation - just Error - error backing up database(s)). It always occurs when the back up is in the "profiles" section. I have tried rebooting both the computer and the blackberry. I also tried just changing and saving a profile to force it to write a new file - no help.

The desktop software is 4.5.0.15 and the bb software is 4.3.1.10.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    10-01-08 09:07 AM
    10-01-08 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the link...those ideas didn't work but did give me better search ideas and I found a working solution elsewhere. I also found that lots of people have this problem suddenly and that RIM is aware of this.

The solution that worked (since Back up had been working in the past).

I opened the desktop manager to the advanced back up section with my device plugged in.

I used the file option and opened a recent successful past back up.

I copied (Left->right / computer -> blackberry) the 2 lines about the profiles.

Then I went back to the main blackberry desktop and did the automatic back up and it ran just fine. I checked my device and it (and its profiles) seem fine.
    10-01-08 11:09 AM
    This won't work for me because I never had a successful backup of the Profiles data base.
    11-05-08 09:14 AM
    Thanks for the link...those ideas didn't work but did give me better search ideas and I found a working solution elsewhere. I also found that lots of people have this problem suddenly and that RIM is aware of this.

The solution that worked (since Back up had been working in the past).

I opened the desktop manager to the advanced back up section with my device plugged in.

I used the file option and opened a recent successful past back up.

I copied (Left->right / computer -> blackberry) the 2 lines about the profiles.

Then I went back to the main blackberry desktop and did the automatic back up and it ran just fine. I checked my device and it (and its profiles) seem fine.
    Unbelievable! This worked... thanks!

I had to reset my ringtones, and so far, that is the only issue.
    11-05-08 03:21 PM
    Ive never been able to do a successful back up either because of profiles. i finally had to do an advanced backup n pick and choose which files to save to the cp database. what is goin on with that?
    07-10-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD