I was just curious as to what config everyone is using in their default browser settings?
    07-09-08 01:16 AM
    I was just curious as to what config everyone is using in their default browser settings?
    Browser Configuration
    Browser: Blackberry Browser
    Check every box! Support for style sheets is critical for Wapforums to look good.
    Style sheets media type: Handheld
    Show Images: On WML & HTML Pages
    Emulation Mode: Blackberry. If you don't emulate the Blackberry, some apps won't download or install properly
    Content Mode: WML & HTML
    07-09-08 01:23 AM
    I've got all mine checked except javascript popups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 01:40 AM
    Wow thanks a lot. My browser looks 100000 times better now.

07-09-08 03:37 AM
    Oh my I never knew this would make the browser look better.
    07-09-08 07:51 AM
    Great Thread

Browser : Hotspot Browser!
    All Boxes Checked
    Show Images : On WML and HTML
    Emulation Mode : BlackBerry (sometimes Microsoft IE)
    Start Page : Start Page
    Home Page : m.google.com
    07-09-08 07:56 AM
    Great Thread

Browser : Hotspot Browser!
    All Boxes Checked
    Show Images : On WML and HTML
    Emulation Mode : BlackBerry (sometimes Microsoft IE)
    Start Page : Start Page
    Home Page : m.google.com
    I know bmc knows this, I'm just using his post as an example: if you're trying to download Google Maps, for instance, and you keep getting error messages, the first place to look is your browser and browser emulation modes. Most (if not all) OTA downloads require you to use the Blackberry Browser with the emulation mode set to Blackberry. If you have it set to IE, for example, the site will try to download the wrong files, and the app either won't download at all or won't install if it does download.
    07-09-08 08:19 AM
    I was hoping this would help a few people out. (As well as me!)

I think a lot of people gave up on their BB browser because the settings weren't correct. Maybe with 4.5 and some correct settings they'll change their minds.
    07-09-08 09:42 AM
    Browser Configuration
    Check every box! Support for style sheets is critical for Wapforums to look good.
    Emulation Mode: Blackberry. If you don't emulate the Blackberry, some apps won't download or install properly

In my browser config, why is browser set to internet browser? I can't click on it to change.
    08-05-08 02:20 AM
    In my browser config, why is browser set to internet browser? I can't click on it to change.
    You're looking under options, advanced, browser I believe

Just open your BB browser, menu, options and you should see what everyone else is talking about

08-05-08 03:02 AM
    Hmm, I don't see that option anywhere on my Curve, am I missing something here? I have read elsewhere to set this setting. ESPN mobile recommends it too for BB's
    08-05-08 05:28 AM
    Open your browser, press the menu key, select Options/Browser Configuration. It should be the first setting that has dropdown choices instead of a checkbox. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be there if you're using the BlackBerry Browser.

08-05-08 05:41 AM
    Not on mine it isn't. Yhe only drop down options I have are show images, emulation mode, content mode, and start page. Nothing that says handheld in any of those drop down menus
    08-05-08 05:46 AM
    Browser Configuration
    I dont have that option Browser: blackberry..

all i have internet browser, t-zones, wifi browser...

What should I do?
    08-05-08 06:10 AM
    Internet Browser.
    08-05-08 06:15 AM
    Not on mine it isn't. Yhe only drop down options I have are show images, emulation mode, content mode, and start page. Nothing that says handheld in any of those drop down menus
    Are you running the BlackBerry browser, not Opera mini? Are you running an OS later than 4.3? Users with 4.3 have these settings, but if you're running 4.5, you may be the first one to check it.
    08-05-08 06:35 AM
    No option other than internet browser on mine. Whats the difference.
    08-05-08 08:28 AM
    Wow, I'm surprised I haven't seen all of these configurations. Great post
    08-05-08 09:39 AM
    Thanks JeffH for the tip on style sheets.
    =8')
    08-05-08 10:16 AM
    With style sheets checked its totally different. I'll have to check to see how wap looks.
    08-05-08 10:21 AM
    I don't have anything for handheld either. And my only browser: choice (very top) is internet browser.

I am on 8330 from vzw.

Interesting.

08-05-08 10:29 AM
    No option other than internet browser on mine. Whats the difference.
    Wow, I'm surprised I haven't seen all of these configurations. Great post
    I don't have anything for handheld either. And my only browser: choice (very top) is internet browser.

I am on 8330 from vzw.

Interesting.

Three users, all with 8330's, two who can't see what I see, and one who either can, or has worked around it to where he can. Are you possibly running different OS versions? Your browser choice at the very top right of the options screen: is it a choice? When you click it, do you get a dropdown? I have both BlackBerry Browser and Internet Browser. I have set all my options the same for both. I've only used the BlackBerry Browser.
    08-05-08 11:00 AM
    Well I have a 8310 on ATT and my choices are internet browser and Media Net. Nothing about blackberry.
    08-05-08 11:02 AM
    Well I have a 8310 on ATT and my choices are internet browser and Media Net. Nothing about blackberry.
    If you can see the options we're discussing using Internet Browser, you'll be fine. The problem some people are having is they don't have the options available. We're trying to figure out why. Do you have them?
    08-05-08 11:04 AM
    Yes I have all the other options under internet browser.
    08-05-08 11:05 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD