i just tried to back up and i revieve "erro backing up database(s)" i have never had this problem. i have already tried a battery pull and am running the newest os 4.5.0.81 on a 8300 curve.

any help would be great
    11-13-08 02:27 PM
    On whatevr database it stops at in DM, go to the advanced section, select the databse and clear it. It happened to me last week on one of em.. fixed it.
    11-13-08 02:29 PM
    it stops on "file explorer options" i have cleared it but it still isn't getting past it? any other ideas?
    11-13-08 02:36 PM
    hmmmm, closing DM then reopen and connect? I dunno, mine cleared out, i restarted it and it was good to go
    11-13-08 02:39 PM
    hmm let me try that and see what happens, i'll let you know
    11-13-08 02:52 PM
    What I found that works everytime with my 8320 is to open the browser and clear pushed content. I think I found that tip here in the forums. Makes no sense at all, but it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:00 PM
    Yeh, clearing out the cache etc can also help too
    11-13-08 03:01 PM
    yeah i already cleared the cache and rebooted everything and still doesn't work
    11-13-08 03:25 PM
    it keeps giving me that error message on different databases. is there another way to backup?
    11-13-08 04:13 PM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. I did a backup because I was going to upgrade the device. Once I finished and went back to restore I didn't see the file to restore. I'm lucky I had backed up the device couple days before.
    11-13-08 04:36 PM
    I'm also having this problem with my Bold. This is my first time backing up the device and it initially errors on Attachment Options. So I uncheck that and it then errors on Attachment Data. This goes in reverse order one database at a time until there are no databases that begin with A remaining; at that point it just won't even start backing up and DM stops responding.

I have tried the other suggestions of turning off connections, mass media, pulling the battery for a minute, reinstalling DM 4.6.0.12 and trying again with no luck.
    11-13-08 05:37 PM
    man this sucks . someone please help miller and i
    11-13-08 06:44 PM
    does anyone have a solution for me?
    11-13-08 09:51 PM
    I had this same problem on .81 on my 8310. When I upgraded to .102 it fixed the issue. Odd thing was that it completed the backup that runs before the OS upgrade, but wouldn't finish one when I told it to manually. I don't get it, but that is what fixed it for me.
    11-13-08 10:33 PM
    Here is where I managed to find my problem, however it might have been easier had I found this before I wiped the device.

I backed up the databases that I felt would save me a lot of time and frustration later...profiles, theme settings, browser bookmarks, etc. I also backed up all third party programs. After this, I did a complete wipe, including third party programs. When this was complete, I tested to see if I could do a complete backup and it was successful. I re-synched my address book, calendar, tasks, etc and then reloaded the third party apps. Following this, I transferred the few databases I backed up back to the device. Next I attempted a full backup through the Advanced menu (I knew I would have to use Advanced because I have FlexWallet, which will not work for a backup). The backup froze again at Attachment Options. The next database after Attachment Options is AutoStandby, a third party app. I tried to backup again by choosing all databases then unchecking AutoStandby and FlexWallet. I had a successful backup of all databases!

My conclusion is, if you use AutoStandby, you MUST do an advanced backup, select all databases and then unselect AutoStandby. Also, if you use FlexWallet, you need to unselect all databases that begin with FW (there are seven on my device).

Hopefully this helps a few of you. If not, keep trying! Look at the database that is after the one that is causing the hang and unselect that one to see if it fixes your problem.
    11-15-08 10:58 AM
    Awesome info thanks miller. Yesterday I did something like this. I backed up only my address book, memopad, bbmessenger, and password keeper. I then wiped the device and upgraded to .102. After that I tried to do a complete backup and that finally went through and so I thought there was hope hahah. I then proceeded to install all 3rd party apps and set all the settings back and then tried a complete backup howeer this did not work. It kept on hanging on different databases one after another .

I too am also running autostandby but not flexwallet. When I get home I'll try what you did miller and let you know how it goes.

11-15-08 12:11 PM
    Hmm, I use auto standby, no problems backing up at anytime.
    11-15-08 12:16 PM
    Well your lucky, this is actually the first time I have ran into a backup problem. Hey rachel did you ever get your myspace email changed?

11-15-08 12:25 PM
    Nope I havnt yet, still waiting I know they have it though, got the auto reply and case #.
    11-15-08 12:33 PM
    Yeah me too

11-15-08 12:46 PM
    Here is where I managed to find my problem, however it might have been easier had I found this before I wiped the device.

I backed up the databases that I felt would save me a lot of time and frustration later...profiles, theme settings, browser bookmarks, etc. I also backed up all third party programs. After this, I did a complete wipe, including third party programs. When this was complete, I tested to see if I could do a complete backup and it was successful. I re-synched my address book, calendar, tasks, etc and then reloaded the third party apps. Following this, I transferred the few databases I backed up back to the device. Next I attempted a full backup through the Advanced menu (I knew I would have to use Advanced because I have FlexWallet, which will not work for a backup). The backup froze again at Attachment Options. The next database after Attachment Options is AutoStandby, a third party app. I tried to backup again by choosing all databases then unchecking AutoStandby and FlexWallet. I had a successful backup of all databases!

My conclusion is, if you use AutoStandby, you MUST do an advanced backup, select all databases and then unselect AutoStandby. Also, if you use FlexWallet, you need to unselect all databases that begin with FW (there are seven on my device).

Hopefully this helps a few of you. If not, keep trying! Look at the database that is after the one that is causing the hang and unselect that one to see if it fixes your problem.
    Thank you so very much. I was running autostandby on 4.5.0.77 and received an update for it. after updating it I was running into this problem. I removed autostandby from my handheld (8330) and the backup now works. It was the Autostandby.

Thank you again,
    mcaspe1
    11-15-08 03:05 PM
    awesome mcasp glad you got to backup. im going to try this when i get home. did you just remove autostandby, backup and then reinstall autostandby?
    11-15-08 07:39 PM
    There is a new version of autostandby 2.2.1 I think, anyways, they fixed it as there were other users having back up issues also, so that bug was ironed out.

"AutoStandby 2.2.1 Changes:
    * Fixed a bug that would cause AutoStandby backups to fail in some cases
    * Note: You should not lose your settings when upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 "
    11-16-08 06:19 PM
    Awesome thanks rachel!.....I'm still waitin myspace is lagging hahah

11-16-08 06:23 PM
    I know it, me too. *sigh*
    11-16-08 06:24 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD