Does anyone have knowledge of "app error 523 reset" message that I have gotten on three 8100 pearl devices? when I contact service provider, they just replace the phone. However, I'm nervous because the warranty is soon to be expired.
    06-17-07 11:13 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com, mishab! Am sure your initials are something like CB, no?

Anyway, with regards to your issue, error 523 reset means a "System process died" You'll need I would reload the entire handheld OS again.

1. Install the software from the CD (that you received with the device), or download it from the service provider (AT&T).

2. Delete or rename the vendor.xml file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (you're windows file options needs to be set to 'show system files', to see said file...

3. Open Desktop Manager (DM)...

4. Connect the Red Pearl (since am sure that's what you have!)...

5. Doing this will force the pc to see the BlackBerry as new hardware, and thus force it to reload the Operating System (OS)...

6. During the process, select YES to do a backup...

7. The whole process should take about 30-45 minutes...

But, since this has happened so many times, I have to ask myself, is it something you're doing that it causing this? I know the Red Pearls from AT&T have had issues from DAY ONE!
    Last edited by anon(153966); 06-18-07 at 02:59 AM.
    Wolfroid likes this.
    06-18-07 02:56 AM
    Hi,

I just bought my Curve last night and this morning I woke up with the 523 message. I'm going to try the advice that was just posted and see what happens. Is this something I should expect to do every so often? If so is there a way to backup my data or will it all be restored from my sim card once I reset? I didn't do anything last night except setup some email addresses send a few texts out, make a few calls, and personalize my screen. I left it on all night and unplugged the charger half way through the night, could those have caused this to happen?
    06-28-07 05:48 AM
    There is no vendor.xml file on this computer. DM does not prompt me to reload the OS. I have the 523 error and I can't see any way around it. I have no third party apps on this 8130.
    12-21-07 07:11 PM
    One small detail was left out of the post above. You also need to download and install the OS installation package to your PC in addition to the Desktop Manager. Then delete the vendor.xml file. You should now be able to reload the OS.
    12-22-07 01:14 AM
    I know that. I've installed it at least ten times in the past three days. there is no vendor.xml file. It isn't in any folder, and it does not turn up in any system search. There is a single file called "Vendor" that is an internet browser icon, not an xml file. Removing that accomplishes nothing.
    Last edited by rje; 12-22-07 at 05:44 AM.
    12-22-07 05:40 AM
    i also receive the ERROR 523 - reset msg on my Curve, but only when I go out of my service provider's area (*im with Rogers, in Canada) - the MINTUE i cross the border, my phone shows the Error!

Now that I am home, can I still use this JL_CmDr / JavaLoader in order to fix the error when its NOT showing?

Someone... PLEASE HELP!!!!
    I am REALLY getting fed up of not being able to use my BB, AT ALL, when I'm not in Canada. I go away for business A LOT!
    I was gone for a MONTH, and had no BB access!! (*luckily, I still had the numbers in my old unlocked cell, and could use a U.S phone card!)

Thanks in Advance,
    Mia
    01-19-08 10:55 AM
    JL_Cmder/javaloader will wipe the phone and you can start over loading a new OS to the device.
    01-19-08 12:17 PM
    I know that. I've installed it at least ten times in the past three days. there is no vendor.xml file. It isn't in any folder, and it does not turn up in any system search. There is a single file called "Vendor" that is an internet browser icon, not an xml file. Removing that accomplishes nothing.
    i'm a newbie to crackberry and i also had the app error 523 reset. i downloaded the device manager and the os. at first i couldn't find the vendor.xml file, but once i looked in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" i found it. i ran the loader.exe file a couple of times and i kept getting something about a fatal error causing the program to end...then i ran the program again and opted not to backup the device and it worked. the only catch is, if you do it this way you lose the data that was stored in it...thanks everybody
    Last edited by BlackerDaBerry7; 01-26-08 at 06:39 PM. Reason: left out the erased data part
    01-26-08 06:31 PM
    I got this error today, here is what the Blackberry site states:

Resolution
    To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:

Upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry� Desktop Software.

Remove any recently installed applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10376.

Install the latest version of BlackBerry� Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB03901.
    ____

Im just uninstalling "implus"...
    02-22-08 07:38 PM
    I have a fix that does not require erasing your data! Of course following these instructions could also destroy everything on your blackberry, so read between the lines and only do things that make sense to you.

First off this is on a T-Mo 8320 software v 4.2.2.180

This happened to me because of a theme error. I was using the "bbdimension today" and found my phone locked up in a reboot cycle in the morning. After digging around I found someone that suggested looking through modules with the javaloader/jl_cmdr software and removing anything new. This theme was the first thing i removed and my blackberry powered right up.

You have to get JL_cmdr package from pinstack:
    blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html?catid=5&linkid=452

Then install it on your system. Now that your blackberry is in a reboot cycle, you have a very short amount of time to actually run these commands while the system is booting up and you have the white screen with the hour glass. So you may have to pull the battery several times while doing these steps and run one command at a time.

(in windows xp)
    1) click "start" -> "run" -> type in "cmd" and hit enter to get to dos prompt
    2) type in the following:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe" -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> dir > mymodules.txt
    this will create a file in your current directory called mymodules.txt. open it and look through your modules. in my case the culprit was "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b". This theme displays my messages and calendar on the front page of the system. I'm guessing that since it has to recalculate the calendar each day, there must have been something about the tasks that I set up yesterday to show up in my calendar. It must have hit a snag after the date changed at midnight, and it got hung up. Could have also been something about my messages.
    3) once you determine which module(s) you want to delete, we'll need to save it just in case we want it back later. In my case the module was "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b"
    the full command to save it was:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> save net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b
    4) now erase it!
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> erase net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b

On my blackberry, it said that this was an active module, so I had to force it with the -f switch. Total command was:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> erase -f net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b

After the module was erased, the blackberry restarted and my system came back to fully working status.

Hope this helps someone!
    02-28-08 09:50 AM
    I have the latest 4.3 desktop and device software loaded to my desktop already.

I used the apploader from the desktop software to delete all applications and data on my berry 8130 and then reload the core os - it worked!
    03-09-08 12:18 PM
    I have a jvm error 523 message on my bb 8700e model from sprint. I have tried all of these things and I still can't get the error message to go away.

I reset the phone and it goes through the startup, verifies the security software and then go to the home screen only to immediately go to the jvm error 523 screen.

This error message happened after I tried installing a theme iberry black from this site. Now my phone doesn't do anything.

Someone please help!
    Last edited by chalwee; 03-23-08 at 04:28 PM.
    03-23-08 02:40 PM
    umm okay, so i downloaded the OS, and the Desktop Manager. Although i think they are both the same things. but when i connect my bb, an icon appears on the tool bar, and says that "New Hardware Found" than after a bit it goes, "New Hardware installed and ready to use". i see no set-up, or back up. After that the DM just goes Connected. Nothing else happens. so can u plz explain how to fix this. thank you.
    03-28-08 01:07 PM
    I did something that was more simplier and rid myself of the dreaded Reset code 523. I plug the usb plug into my 8800 open DM, it did not recognize my device and stated that it was disconnected, I ignored that and open the application loader, deleted the two modules which were the latest themes." Surreal and Stargrazer of gazer", wtf and it removed the apps, once I received the message that the operation was successful, I unplugged it, rebooted and it is back to normal. I recently installed the upgraded Device Manager OS and forgot that those themes would not work. Sometime simple is best. But whatever gets it to work. I say go for it. If you try this be reminded that the desktop manager will tell you that no device is connected. Ignore DM and do your thing. Hope this help others. Thanks Crackberry forum it is nice to know you are here when we screw up our Babies.
    Last edited by bpbrown; 06-22-08 at 03:32 PM. Reason: I need to learn how to spell simple words and construct sentences..it's all good
    06-22-08 03:27 PM
    I have a fix that does not require erasing your data! Of course following these instructions could also destroy everything on your blackberry, so read between the lines and only do things that make sense to you.

First off this is on a T-Mo 8320 software v 4.2.2.180

This happened to me because of a theme error. I was using the "bbdimension today" and found my phone locked up in a reboot cycle in the morning. After digging around I found someone that suggested looking through modules with the javaloader/jl_cmdr software and removing anything new. This theme was the first thing i removed and my blackberry powered right up.

You have to get JL_cmdr package from pinstack:
    blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html?catid=5&linkid=452

Then install it on your system. Now that your blackberry is in a reboot cycle, you have a very short amount of time to actually run these commands while the system is booting up and you have the white screen with the hour glass. So you may have to pull the battery several times while doing these steps and run one command at a time.

(in windows xp)
    1) click "start" -> "run" -> type in "cmd" and hit enter to get to dos prompt
    2) type in the following:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe" -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> dir > mymodules.txt
    this will create a file in your current directory called mymodules.txt. open it and look through your modules. in my case the culprit was "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b". This theme displays my messages and calendar on the front page of the system. I'm guessing that since it has to recalculate the calendar each day, there must have been something about the tasks that I set up yesterday to show up in my calendar. It must have hit a snag after the date changed at midnight, and it got hung up. Could have also been something about my messages.
    3) once you determine which module(s) you want to delete, we'll need to save it just in case we want it back later. In my case the module was "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b"
    the full command to save it was:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> save net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b
    4) now erase it!
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> erase net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b

On my blackberry, it said that this was an active module, so I had to force it with the -f switch. Total command was:
    "c:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JavaLoader.exe -u -w<passwordifyouhaveone> erase -f net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b

After the module was erased, the blackberry restarted and my system came back to fully working status.

Hope this helps someone!
    You should never delete any of the BBDimension themes because they are used by all other themes that you may install. They contain the display libraries. The BBDimension Zen theme is several times larger than the other BBDimension themes and is by far the most important.
    06-22-08 03:53 PM
    If you phones are new, just take them back to the store and get replacements under warranty.
    06-22-08 03:54 PM
    time for JL_CMMDR..and re-install OS...GL
    06-22-08 07:14 PM
    i have the same error code thing.
    but i'm not gonna lie.
    i have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about.
    i just want my phone to work. it works fine without the memory card, but when i put the memory card in it wont work and shows the error thing. helpppp!
    07-16-08 08:45 PM
    I did something that was more simplier and rid myself of the dreaded Reset code 523. I plug the usb plug into my 8800 open DM, it did not recognize my device and stated that it was disconnected, I ignored that and open the application loader, deleted the two modules which were the latest themes." Surreal and Stargrazer of gazer", wtf and it removed the apps, once I received the message that the operation was successful, I unplugged it, rebooted and it is back to normal. I recently installed the upgraded Device Manager OS and forgot that those themes would not work. Sometime simple is best. But whatever gets it to work. I say go for it. If you try this be reminded that the desktop manager will tell you that no device is connected. Ignore DM and do your thing. Hope this help others. Thanks Crackberry forum it is nice to know you are here when we screw up our Babies.
    This seemed to work great. Forget reloading!!!
    Thanks bro!

J
    07-31-08 09:38 AM
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY THEMES! ESPECIALLY IBERRY!

I FOUND THIS AND DID IT AND IT WORKED! I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO GET A NEW PHONE! AM SO HAPPY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08-01-08 09:53 PM
    Yes! Do Not Download Any Themes Trust Me !
    08-01-08 09:54 PM
    K not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other sites but I refuse to take credit for this..

ww.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/76461-error-523-java-loader.html

Have now saved my Pearl for the second time after reloading OS 4.3, for some reason Telus has this error in the base OS.. Not sure if it is with other carriers too..

Hope that helps!!!
    08-06-08 10:16 AM
    I got this error message today but I had not downloaded a theme in at least 2 months. I asked someone to send me a picture and when I tried to open the message, my phone crashed. Anyone who encounters this problem, try the solution presented by javyjavy0023. It worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.
    08-08-08 07:02 PM
    i am new at this but i tried to type in the above instructions in command prompt kept getting (command not recognized or bad path name) i am still not sure that i downloaded the jl_cmdr program properly since we i unzip it only seems to be one file please let me know what i am doing wrong to get the 523 error to go away. I also tried to go thru bbdm and it said communication error after it connected and wouldnt allow me to delete programs
    08-24-08 09:31 AM
173 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD