Right, I've had my 8800 for a month and a half and, as any BB user gets, I got a huuuuuuge addiction. My addiction took a hold within 2 hours of inserting my battery (after getting through the setup process, activating stuff and jumping in the car to pick up my grandmother). In these 45 days my addiction has reached a dangerous level, there have been many examples of this but today's antics are fresh in my mind...

Our school has introduced a new 'NO PHONES.' policy due to some SuperBluetooth stuff invading privacy and something else that we "cannot be told about for legal reasons" - If you are caught with a phone on it WILL be confiscated, so having a BlackBerry and a CrackBerry addiction, this is HAAARRRRRD! I have found ways to use my BB during break and lunch times and during lessons where I sit at the back or have a panel fixed to the front of my desk and when I leave at the end of the day, I HAVE to use it without looking ahead of me...

...Thats where the 'Skilled Addict' story starts...

When I first started using the BB a lot after school I used to bump into stuff and people but now, I HAVE A SYSTEM!

I have now gained a sixth sense, I can accurately tell where people are around me, where dog **** is, how fast a car is going, how long I have to cross the road before I get tossed over it's roof and land on the road (making sure my BB doesn't scratch!) so I walked for a mile tonight eagerly reading CrackBerry posts! I have updated the ADLEN-RADAR for a certain BMW that belongs to a girl in my class' dad, it doesn't match previous records and so I had to use the "i know where people are" thing when I caught the silver bumper out of the corner of my eye and he blasted his horn to warn me that 3MPH faster and I would have been hit...

Well, no fatalities, no injuries, no scratches on BB, and I'm up-to-date on CB. This radar rocks!
    02-07-08 04:29 PM
    lololol to funny
    02-07-08 04:35 PM
    I know what you mean... While I haven't tested it with cars/on the road... I do at work, while walking hallways, stairs, etc. Before I was super klumsy but since my berry... It is sorta like a 6th sense. I think it was originally created to protect my berry... but now I think my berry is protecting me! I haven't tripped at all while playin with my berry. and before this happened kinda regularly. Lol. Not sure if my 6th sense is super-human but I know my berry has a super power.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 06:58 AM
    Hahaha, never had a reason to do it with previos phones, I use CB on this

02-08-08 07:27 AM
    haha i have becomed very skilled as well, before i wasnt very good with my left had but now i can type one handed with both my right and left.. thank you Blackberry!!
    02-21-08 01:43 AM
    BB the giver of super powers !!
    02-21-08 05:09 AM
    one of these days i know i'm going to bite it hard on the pavement... i'm scared for that day, but i've accepted my fate, lol.
    02-21-08 04:14 PM
    Hahaha, I have insurance lol. My face would hit the pavement before my BB got dusty.

02-21-08 05:26 PM
    Would never happen anyway Adlen, your superhuman BB powers would prevent it.
    02-21-08 05:32 PM
    just remember...

when falling forward with a blackberry in your hand....

curl hand with device towards sternum and extend opposite hand to brace for impact...

-db

and DON'T ask me how I know this...
    02-21-08 05:41 PM
    listen, i just discovered that people don't have superhuman powers. call me negative nancy if you want, but...

your BB might crash and burn.
    02-21-08 06:07 PM
    "I got a huuuuuuge addiction"
    I thought you said something else...
    lol
    02-21-08 06:22 PM
    DaddyBear hold on, your not suggesting I expose the BB to a fall in any way? In mid-air, turn onto your back Matrix style and put the BlackBerry into it's holster and into a protected area, then hit the ground...

And GadgetGeek, I know. Lol.

Hey cate, your negative nancy lol.

02-21-08 06:25 PM
    LOL too funny!

02-21-08 06:27 PM
    Hey cate, your negative nancy lol.
    you're a butthole!

i heard a 7 year old call his older brother that & i cracked up hardcore.
    02-21-08 06:36 PM
    you're a butthole!

i heard a 7 year old call his older brother that & i cracked up hardcore.
    "call me negative nancy if you want"
    02-23-08 02:03 PM
    "call me negative nancy if you want"
    i know i know.

:[
    02-24-08 12:38 AM
    Its amazing how people stare at you when you're so into what happening on your Berry...or maybe they are just watching to see if you do actually run into something or fall LOL!!!
    02-27-08 09:54 PM
    I also walk while using my Berry and am amazed that I haven't smacked into anything or anyone. I tend to do this most while I'm shopping and there are quite a few obstacles so it's really quite impressive for me since normally I'm kind of a klutz.
    02-27-08 11:17 PM
    I run a factory and when on the factory floor I am on my berry alot. Sometimes when I want to watch an employee without them thinking I am watching I pull out the berry. You pull out the berry and people assume you are blind.
    02-28-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD