I've tried:

BlackBerry Tracker: Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home
    Instamapper: InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Both pretty cool...what programs do you guys use?
    09-12-08 05:10 PM
    09-12-08 09:48 PM
    Sorry... should have said "free"...
    09-13-08 12:43 AM
    I've experimented with 'gpsed' It allows a track to be posted while it is in progress.
    09-23-08 09:28 AM
    I've tried:

BlackBerry Tracker: Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home
    Instamapper: InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Both pretty cool...what programs do you guys use?
    Thanks dude...
    BlackBerry GPS Tracker is very cool.... it can bind to your facebook.
    10-07-08 03:04 PM
    will any of these work on bolds?
    10-07-08 03:59 PM
    will any of these work on bolds?
    I haven't give any try since installed with my BOLD. I just try on my pearl 8110 it works great. I'll give a try on my BOLD tomorrow.
    10-07-08 04:07 PM
    Anyone tried the MoosTrax update to BBtracker?
    11-04-08 12:45 PM
    Wow didn't know instamapper now works with the BB.
    11-05-08 12:04 PM
    I just signed up 4 it a few mins ago. @ first glance it seems like a really cool app....but it had my location within 543 metres. Thats not very accurate as far as Im concerned. I like the link 2 facebook idea, and being able 2 see my histry and what not, but what good is it if its out by ovr 500 m? BOOO-UUURRRNNNSS!
    11-14-08 09:26 AM
    I just signed up 4 it a few mins ago. @ first glance it seems like a really cool app....but it had my location within 543 metres. Thats not very accurate as far as Im concerned. I like the link 2 facebook idea, and being able 2 see my histry and what not, but what good is it if its out by ovr 500 m? BOOO-UUURRRNNNSS!
    That might not be an issue with MoosTrak, but maybe an issue with the GPS in the device.

Have you tried InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

They have a FaceBook app as well.
    11-14-08 09:30 AM
    Hmmmm...no I havnt tried that one...Ill give it a shot and see what happens. Thx...Oh and the GPS in my fone is fine...when i go in2 blackberry maps and hit "find location" it puts me exactly where i am no problems at all.
    11-14-08 10:08 AM
    So I tried istamapper - but its worse than moostrax! and it was waay harder 2 dload n get set up....the accuracy was worse than moostrax too. Meh....I didnt really want it anyhow...I was just curious if it wld work. Thx 4 the tips tho
    11-14-08 12:29 PM
    Didn't work on my 8130. wouldnt log in , although it downloaded ok. Info page on the site does not list the 8130 as well. That should have told me something.
    11-17-08 01:28 PM
    any word if these services will work for the storm?
    11-18-08 01:13 AM
    any word if these services will work for the storm?
    Only if VZW really unlocks GPS.

As I understand and have read it looks like GPS will only work with BB Maps and certain 3rd party apps (read VZ Nav). VZ Nav will have access to aGPS but BB Maps will only have access to GPS.
    11-18-08 04:01 AM
    why does verizon have to do this to us? why cant they just let us just use our bb's like they were ment to be used!!! so frustrating!!
    11-30-08 12:15 AM
    Because they are too busy trying to milk you out of every last cent possible?
    11-30-08 01:24 AM
    check out bbtrackr at apsquared.net It's in very early beta, so there are still some bugs in it (I have trouble getting it to access my gps data unless I have another GPS program running in the background), but the guy developing it seems pretty responsive to user feedback. Also it uploads data to Yahoo's fireeagle which gives you a lot of options for using your location data online.
    11-30-08 10:41 AM
    I updated to moostrax. It took me a while to find the program, it didn't come up as an icon, rather as a category in the options menu. I just checked online and it seems to have worked most of the time. I use a 8220 with a Bluetooth GPS puck. I usually get it to update my location but sometimes I have problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 01:28 AM
    I tried moostrax once so far on 1 4 mile run and from what I can tell it was accurate for where I was. I can actually do a more detailed look and compare it to a Garmin 305 and see how close it is, at least that is the newest GPS I currently have and see what I notice.

Jim
    12-02-08 04:42 AM
    I use MoosTrax on my Bold and love it. It's never been inaccurate for me, so long as it has a gps signal.
    12-04-08 01:04 PM
    Think about the data charges you will recv on your next cell bill with intsamapper! Look at the data that is transfered before using guys!
    12-05-08 03:10 PM
    Think about the data charges you will recv on your next cell bill with intsamapper! Look at the data that is transfered before using guys!
    Most of us have unlimited data.

Besides you can change how often it updates.

I also don't think it uses that much data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 03:17 PM
    Telenav Track
    12-11-08 07:31 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD